Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The HOURGLASS Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hourglass! One of my all time favorite brands Heart 

Direct Link to Hourglass Product Pagehttps://www.sephora.com/brand/hourglass 

New

Velvet Story Lip Cream: Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

HourglassLipCream2.png

HourglassLipCream.png

Re: The HOURGLASS Thread

@makeitup305  Did i need this? No... but I did have 20% off and I got a gift card from Rakuten so I only ended up paying $58 Canadian for it 🙂 yay! 

@sabrinas I hope you got the right one. I meant to tag the Unlocked one, which is an app exclusive right now. The unlocked is the one from last year that they brought back. I'm not sure which one you wanted but I messed up tagging it.

@makeitup305  I did! I actually bought it through the app before I saw your post 🙂 however I will say i freaked out for a minute since theyre almost the same name lol, and i already own the other one!

@sabrinas I posted it at 1 am so I didn't even realize my mistake til now -__-  glad you got to pick up the right one. It's my favorite hourglass product to date I think.

RE: The HOURGLASS Thread

Unlocked palette is coming back nov 1 on hourglass website store!! Does anyone know when it will be available In Sephora stores?

Re: RE: The HOURGLASS Thread

November 6th on the Sephora mobile app and November 8th in "select retailers"

RE: The HOURGLASS Thread

I know this is a really old product, does anyone know which shade of the ambient lighting powder is the closest dupe for Incandescent Light that’s exclusive shade to ambient lighting palette (the middle shade of the trio)? Tysm

@maghk the Incandescent shade is described as a "An opalescent pearl powder that brightens the complexion with a celestial glow." The closest in the Ambient lighting powders is the Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Finishing Powder Ethereal Light which is describe as "an opalescent sheer, cool white powder that eliminates shine and softens light to give your skin a radiant appearance". From the sound of it, the Ethereal Light might be less luminous. However, in the HOURGLASS - Ambient® Strobe Lighting Powder - Incandescent Light describes the shade as " An opalescent pearl powder imparting a celestial highlight" so maybe that's a little bit closer? I'd try and swatch them next time you're in store and see which one is closer to what you want.

Is anyone else's Brilliant Nude in the quad much lighter than the single? I know the marbling of the shades can alter how the appear but mine is almost a pale bronze highlighter compared to my single.

The Ghost collection is live at Sephora. Did anyone wait to get it here? (Even Beautylish released it earlier.)

Yes and no. I  waited and ordered the lipsticks from the collection, but I talked myself out of the palette and quad (and I wasn't ever thinking of getting the eyeshadows).

I have so many hourglass powders already, and so many blushes from other brands that I forgot about in my collection, I decided to try making my own ambient and strobe blushes by mixing and matching with them all. I have to say though, what really helped me avoid buying these holiday items was that many of the shades didn't really call to me when I saw the swatches -- plus, the amount of time I can tell it will take to do the above project, and the way I feel bound to give a try to products I already own.

@Harobedb 

I have been wanting an HG blush palette since 2017 but also reluctantly passed on this one as I only like 1-2 out of the 4 colors. I ended up buying a mini mood exposure which has been on my wishlist for ages. 

Also PSA: cultbeauty's discount on the hourglass holiday palette (with 20% off over 100GBP) equals about 61$ USD and comes with free shipping. The blush palette would end up being about 36$ USD but is unfortunately sold out now. I saw this on the deals thread but wanted to repost here since many people seem to be buying full price!

@Harobedb  - No.  I picked up my ghost collection and ambient lighting brush at Blue Mercury last week.  They had them in stock and I was the only one in the store so they brought the whole collection out from their stockroom for me to swatch, try and purchase.  As of today, none of the local Sephora stores in my area have it in stock. 

RE: Re: The HOURGLASS Thread

That sounds fun!

Re: RE: Re: The HOURGLASS Thread

Hi @itscarin - oh it was! 

@MCSSavvy  Good for you! While I'm waiting for mine to arrive, what are your thoughts on the collection?

@Harobedb  - I actually put my thoughts down a little further down in the thread about the palette, quad and shadows.  I've used the palette a few times and quite like it but I put more detail down a bit further in the thread if you are interested.

Thanks, I will look!

Yes @Harobedb ! I used my $100 note on the blush quad and eyeshadow trio 🙂

@SurprisedLemur  I had a $100 reward I was sitting on, too. I just applied for the Sephora credit card, for the 15 percent off on your first purchase. I added a few more things to the Hourglass palette and blush quad, and paid approximately half price (total was around $300, and discounts were around $150.) I'll pay that off in one lump sum, so no finance fees. 🙂 I'm feeling pretty happy with myself, that I sat on that $100 code until there was something I wanted.

testing