Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The HOURGLASS Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hourglass! One of my all time favorite brands Heart 

Direct Link to Hourglass Product Pagehttps://www.sephora.com/brand/hourglass 

New

Velvet Story Lip Cream: Hourglass Velvet Story Lip Cream 

HourglassLipCream2.png

HourglassLipCream.png

Re: HOURGLASS THREAD

Hourglass holiday palette swatches!

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 5.18.03 PM.png

I have been using the Vanish Stick Foundation, and I love it!! However, I think I might need to use a better primer with it to make sure it really does look flawless. 

I have used it both with and without a primer, and it looks good either way, but I guess I have been really into making my makeup look like it was essentially airbrushed on, especially when I wear it for special events!

Any suggestions are welcome 🙂

Have you tried the Veil primer that Hourglass recommends?

***Released Hourglass VIB Promo Code***

$35 Buy In

Code: VIBICON

vibicon.png

Another look at the Hourglass Surreal Light Ambient Lighting palette for the holidays! + description.

holiday2016_hourglassedit001.jpg

• Surreal Light (Ambient Lighting Powder) Sheer nude powder evoking the magic hour of perfect lighting
  • Surreal Bronze (Ambient Lighting Bronzer) Neutral tan shade fused with Surreal Light
  • Surreal Glow (Ambient Lighting Blush) Pale peony pink blush mixed with Surreal Light
  • Surreal Effect (Ambient Lighting Blush) Cool, pink rose fused with a soft, warm peach
  • Surreal Strobe Light (Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder) Glimmering peach powder imparting an alluring highlight

source: Temptalia

Thank you @veronika23 !

@Mcakes bhahaha I just noticed in the picture you posted in your OP it lists all the colors lol.... I posted in the Holiday thread so just repeated it here lol

That's perfectly fine 😄 You have it nice and legible lol

Anyone seen/try this?  It's up on their site. I'd be curious to know people thoughts on it... pricey though.

Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 4.14.56 PM.png

Is that the super expensive mascara?  I remember reading about it a while back and thinking the price must've been a typo 😄

yes it is @Mochapj we were discussing it in the Beauty news thread 🙂

Quick question---How do these powders wear on textured skin? I've been eyeing all of the Hourglass Luminous powders for a while, but I feel like shiny/glittery face products accentuate the mild texture on my cheeks.

Posting some photos here of the Vanish Seamless Finish foundation in Buff.

I daresay that this is the foundation that matches me the best out of everything I currently have. I was a tiny bit skeptical when I got home since I saw that the small swatch on my neck turned pink. It's still a *tiny bit* pink compared to my neck, but I think my neck is impossible to match as it has such an olive/green hue to it, plus it's the lightest part of my body after my face.

IMG_9838.JPG

I'm looking a bit dead in the photo above. I stayed home from work today since I'm recovering from an injury and had an appointment to go to. Here's the full look after I put on a bit more makeup (eyeshadow, lipstick). I do have some dark undereye circles and hyperpigmentation from past breakouts, in these photos I'm not wearing any concealer at all.

IMG_9851.JPG

So beautiful, @k617! And are you wearing one of those metallic Lise Watier lipsticks again? I really, really want to get some of those; you make them look incredible! ♥

Thanks @Gwenhwyfar, this one is actually Colourpop Maneater (from the Ultra Metallics)!

Just looking at my photo though, I'd say that Lise Watier Crème Brulee would be a close match 😄

I hauled more of the LW metallics... on the day I wore Tiramisu (a BEAUTIFUL almost duochromey brown-pink) I became re-obsessed and went out and bought Sugar (warm baby pink with golden shimmer), Shortcake (cool purply pink with metallic finish), and Shiraz (dark mauve with slight metallic finish). That day I swatched every single LW Gourmand lipstick tester they had to make sure I didn't miss any 😄

I now own 9 or 10 of these LW lipsticks!

I just bought this foundation stick in Buff. I was checking it out in store near the front and a SA approached me and asked if I wanted to be matched since she couldn't wait to play with the foundation. I agreed and was impressed with how it applied and blended out. It claims full coverage which I'm sure is possible but I prefer the lighter coverage that comes with buffing it out. Excited to use this!

I really have no idea what color to pick for myself (for the foundation).  I was thinking Buff or Warm Ivory.  I'm light with golden undertones and currently wear Dior's Airflash in 201 and it's a perfect match.  Any suggestions? Thanks!

@sabrinas I don't use Airflash but am 21 Linen in the Dior Nude Air Serum. I'd assume 201 in Airflash is pretty darn close to the 21 in Linen (Airflash numbers are in hundreds vs. other foundation numbers are just double digits?) I was matched to Buff in the Hourglass foundation!

These blend out very nicely. Shell is a match for my face colour which is a couple shades lighter than my neck. Ultimately I went with Buff but honestly, both would have worked.

Warm Ivory may be too dark for you; Sabrina @ thebeautylookbook said warm ivory is slightly dark for her. She is usually a 3-4 in Chanel.

I went through the shade descriptions and here are some possible matches from lightest in the "light" range to the darkest:

Linen - very light, warm undertone

Buff - light, warm undertone

Warm Ivory - light medium, warm undertone

Sand - light medium, golden undertone

If you're thinking between Buff and Warm Ivory I'd probably go with Buff because it is easier to warm up the face with bronzer etc. 

Anonymous Insider

Attractive collection.Would love to know about soft-pink

3 Replies
testing