Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

A thread to discuss existing/upcoming/or new ABH products.

Feel free to ask questions, share swatches, intel on upcoming products, etc, etc.

Swatches:

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

Fyi the stick foundation is up on the site...as well as a new face oil??!! Didn't see that coming!

ABH foundation sticks -  Most will be available Aug. 18th their site, later on in store, more colors will be available later

Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 7.55.03 PM.png

So do you think that the Moonchild palette can be used as shadow or is it too sheer?  I don't think I could pull it off as the highlighter that it's advertised, but the colors as shadow would totally be me!

@prettyinpa @JenniferOhJenny I think they could be used as shadows.

They are pretty pigmented but also blend out well, so I don't think they'd be too sheer.

I've only tried a few as inner corner highlights so far as lid work goes, but they worked fine and stayed all day.

Thanks mochapj!   Now I just have to get my Viseart Bijoux palette and see if there is too much overlap in the blues between Moonchild and it.

@Mochapj Ooh, thank you! 

I was wondering the exact same thing!

Moonchild is back in stock!

I bought Modern Renaissance because everyone everywhere raved about it.  It is my first ABH palette and I loved it when I first saw pics then I decided against it and was swayed by positive reviews.  But am I the only one kind of disappointed?

These shadows blend together and look so messy and gross by the end of the day!  I do have oily lids but I always wear a primer and I never have this level of movement with other shadows.  Everything just blends together into one big color and I'm sure it looks ok but it is not what I intended and it is definitely not what it looks like when I leave the house.

I think I will try it one more day and then it may be going back.

Does anyone know if the contour pan refills will fit inside the eyeshadow palette?

abhd.jpg

No. The eyeshadows fit into Mac palettes nicely, but the contour refills are much larger.

I just want to say that ABH has great customer service. When the Sweets Glow Kit and Moonchild first came out, I ordered both. Upon receiving them, one of the shades of the Sweets kit was shattered, but the other colors were perfect. I called ABH and they sent me an entirely new one and told me I didn't have to send the first one back. So basically I have two Sweets kits. The shattered one was still in chunks so I just put that in a jar with a screw top and have that as loose pigment.

For anyone wanting the Moonchild palette it was posted on the ABH Instagram page that it will be back in stock next week!Screenshot_2016-07-27-03-04-23-1.png

Sneak Peak for ABH/Mario Palette and it will be available in Sephora Canada!

Mario.jpg

when will Sephora carry sweets from Anastasia bevery hills in store??

@Christinajaay It's not expected to.

sweets and moon child are exclusive to the ABH website.

Make Up By Mario just posted a sneak (not inside though) peak of his upcoming ABH colab palette. Says it coming soon!

Anyone here have the modern renaissance? Just picked it up today and not sure what to do with it lol

@titi8750 - I have the Modern Renaissance palette.  I'm not sure what you mean by "what to do with it."  I use a highlight color crease to eyebrows, medium shade on my entire lid to crease (occasionally I'll put the same highlighter or or a separate highlighter or a very light color in my inner corner), and a darker shade in a narrow strip just above my crease (kind of like a cut crease).  Sometimes I'll bring the crease color onto the outer corner of my eyelid.

It depends on how I feel and how much time I have!

I use Saturday's as my "experiment" day since I usually just run errands or stay home.  Better than have an "oops" on a work day!

@titi8750 Search through the hashtag on IG! There are lots of great looks on there and on the ABH IG page

@Mochapj - The Moonchild powders looks so nice on you, especially Lucky Clover!  I don't think they'll work on me.  My skin has become very oily again after going off BCPs.  I guess I have my own built-in highlighter (again)!

testing