Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

~ Updated Sept 8th 2019 ~

A place to discuss news and products from Natasha Denona. Share the LOVE! 🖤🖤🖤

Brand page: http://www.sephora.com/natasha-denona

WHAT'S NEW

The Metropolis palette for the holidays (Sept 10th online / Sept 17th stores)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/metropolis-palette-P449064

Glow Gold Highlight Duo (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/glow-gold-highlight-duo-P450058

Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mini-gold-eyeshadow-palette-P450057

I Need A Nude Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/i-need-nude-lipstick-P448848

Coral palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/coral-eyeshadow-palette-P448706

Chroma Crystal Liquid Eyeshadow Mini Set

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/chroma-crystal-liquid-eyeshadow-mini-set-P448154

Glow Gold Highlight Duo & Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette - Sept 17th

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.44 PM.png

Metropolis palette for the holidays - 28 mini pans - Sept 10th online

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.10 PM.png

Spoiler

NEWS (old)

More duochromes shadow coming

More cooler toned shadow coming

Plans for pen form/felt tip liquid liners

Will consider making single shadows from the Star or Sunset palette if more requests

New shadows in 2018

Other innovations in 2018

When asked about blues and greens:

Mermaid colors are definitely going to be one of the trends in 2018. It won't be a five palette, but a new product.

Spoiler

Re: THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

Has anyone who purchased the tropic palette had a chance to play with it much yet? If so, what do you think? I haven’t touched mine yet (sometimes it takes me a few days to actually dig into it...I’m still in the staring at it phase). I was reading and watching some reviews, and they seem mixed (some people are saying the last row isn’t as pigmented as they would like, that it developed a film, etc.). Anyone had a chance to play with it enough for an opinion? 🙂

@PrettyPaint @sister13 I've worn mine the past two days. All the metallics and shimmers don't swatch well AT ALL with a finger. However, I've used both Exotic and Tiger Lily on my eyes all over the lid and have had no problem building up the color with a flat shader brush, without wetting it or using anything other than a concealer on my lid. The colors are just really dense and hard to pick up with your finger but they blend out great IMO. She definitely changed the formula though, even on the mattes. The mattes blend great but aren't as pigmented straight out of the gate as the ones I have from the Sunset Palette.

Thanks @makeitup305 and @keelybt for the info! 

Well that’s great to hear @makeitup305. I will definitely give it chance then! I have other shadows that don’t swatch too well but apply nicely to the lids, so sounds like that’s the case for this one too. Thanks for recommending the flat shader brush! 

@PrettyPaint I definitely agree with @makeitup305 After swatching on my hand and planning my first look, I dug right in with my brush and was completely unprepared for how much pigment went on lol I had to go over with my highlight a bit but it worked out. Next time I'll be going in with a light hand and maybe a looser brush. 😉

Thanks so much @keelybt. I actually tried it today, but primarily used the mattes because I ran out of time for the fun colors. They seemed easy enough to blend! 

@PrettyPaint I used a Mac 242 but anything like that I'm sure will work. I used sort of a circular rubbing motion to pick it up and just small swipes to put it down. I think they went too heavy on the dimethicone or something, making it hard to pick up. I don't mind building color slowly though, makes it less likely to end up looking crazy.

@makeitup305 Thanks! I don’t think I have the Mac 242, but I just got a flat shadow Sonia G brush that I think I’ll try out! I’m fine with the mattes being less pigmented. I have the sunset as well, and some of the shades go on a bit heavy for me! 

@PrettyPaint I agree. I feel that because they’re all so pigmented and warm I get the same eye look no matter what. Part of the reason I was so attracted to this palette was thinking of maybe interchanging some of the shades to make both palettes more versatile.

I wondered about that. The tester in store seemed hard panned on the bottom row and they had just been put out that morning. That’s why I wanted to get back to try again before purchasing. @PrettyPaint

Thanks so much! @sister13. Yes! That’s what many of the comments on her Instagram were saying, and I assume these were just people using their own individual palettes rather than a tester that has been touched by multiple hands, oils, etc. Makes me a little nervous, especially because that bottom row is what excites me most! 

Some of the more interesting shades in ND TropicSome of the more interesting shades in ND Tropic

Swatches were done with a synthetic brush on bare skin. If anyone wants daylight swatches let me know.I commented on the swatch thread that these don’t swatch welll with fingers AT ALL. I think she put too much dimethicone in the formula or something. You need to rub your brush in them, especially the green and blue, too pick up the color and deposit it. Gusti is sheer- reminds me of her top coats, peachy orange with blue sparkle. Limoncello is also kind of sheer but can be built up and is super reflective. Mint Frost is a silver with blue undertone and looks amazing over Tiger lily and Exotic. I notices some people in the reviews saying their palettes sounded like the shadows were loose but mine doesn’t.

Went to the store and swatch the mini sunset , its ok the red shimmer /foiled shade is gorgeous , i gues its a nice small travel palette, really tiny pans

I was thinking of getting this but then the .02oz per pan...

I was thinking of getting this but then the .02oz per pan made me realise how small it really is.. I will wait to swatch it in person to see if I have any dupes.

Mini Sunset and Tropical is LIVE here on Sephora! Edit - you have to add it to your basket from your Loves list. It shows live there, but not on the item pages at the moment. @veronika23 @Tamara76 @ZombieMetroAnt @sarahshter @darkiceis - sorry if I forgot anyone.

https://www.sephora.com/product/sunset-palette-mini-P429003

Thank you so much for the tag, darling!  I ended up ordering Tropical from Beautylish and it should arrive tomorrow - can't wait! ❤️   @niki172

@Tamara76 I ordered from Beautylish as well. Everything was very nicely packed, and I finally got my hands on an item I've been wanting to try from The Ordinary for a long time. I hope you enjoy your palette! I've yet to touch mine yet - I've only opened it up to make sure that nothing was shattered.

Yay, so happy you got it, @niki172!    Mine is supposed to be delivered at some point today - the anticipation is killing me! ❤️ 

@Tamara76 I ordered from Beautylish as well. Just so you know, they did a very good job packaging it. I was so worried it would come destroyed, but they wrapped it with this cool cardboard thing that protected it very well.

Thank you!   That is a relief, @PrettyPaint!  Did they also wrap it up in brown paper with a ribbon?  They do such lovely packaging! ❤️

@Tamara76 Yep, they also did the brown paper bag with the ribbon! And lots of black tissue paper! I love their packaging too! 🙂

1 Reply
testing