Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

~ Updated Sept 8th 2019 ~

A place to discuss news and products from Natasha Denona. Share the LOVE! 🖤🖤🖤

Brand page: http://www.sephora.com/natasha-denona

WHAT'S NEW

The Metropolis palette for the holidays (Sept 10th online / Sept 17th stores)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/metropolis-palette-P449064

Glow Gold Highlight Duo (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/glow-gold-highlight-duo-P450058

Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mini-gold-eyeshadow-palette-P450057

I Need A Nude Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/i-need-nude-lipstick-P448848

Coral palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/coral-eyeshadow-palette-P448706

Chroma Crystal Liquid Eyeshadow Mini Set

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/chroma-crystal-liquid-eyeshadow-mini-set-P448154

Glow Gold Highlight Duo & Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette - Sept 17th

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.44 PM.png

Metropolis palette for the holidays - 28 mini pans - Sept 10th online

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.10 PM.png

Spoiler

NEWS (old)

More duochromes shadow coming

More cooler toned shadow coming

Plans for pen form/felt tip liquid liners

Will consider making single shadows from the Star or Sunset palette if more requests

New shadows in 2018

Other innovations in 2018

When asked about blues and greens:

Mermaid colors are definitely going to be one of the trends in 2018. It won't be a five palette, but a new product.

Spoiler

Re: Natasha Denona

What bugs me is when people show the palette after use and there is fallout everywhere, it looks like a hot mess.

Most palettes are going to have a dud or a shade that doesn't work well.  But at that price I would have high expectations.

Amuse Bouche - isn't that a term for a "one bite" meal/appetizer in the food industry?

Yes, on AB.  Bite's new lipstick line...kind of cute given the company name.

That's so funny about the fallout!  I never clean the product when I do reviews..pointing out what the fallout is when using the product.  I'm usually pretty neat...so when there is a lot of fallout it's a factor I consider.

The ND weren't bad.  I just feel they over blend sometimes on the lid...looking muddy together.  But that might just be the shades in my palette, which were golds and purples.

My video on the 5 palette shadows in number 12.  If anyone is interested....some of the shades are lovely but it isn't 100% consistent.

I was able to order one of the 5 pan palettes during the Beautylish Jeffree Star restock (it was in my cart from the private launch) and I'm trying out 3 of the metallic shades today.  I got #3 and so far I'm pretty impressed.  The colors blended well and are really beautiful.  I'll post pic later (should the BT gods allow).   Hopefully they wear well.  I'm using the Nars smudge-proof base, as always.  Here's a photo from the internet for now:

NatashaDenone

9 hour update -

Shade #2 in the inner corner has mostly come off. Most shades fade in my inner corner so I'm not surprised.

Shade #3 has lost some vibrancy but still looks ok

Shade #5 looks pretty good! 

That's good! Glad it worked better for you than me 🙂

Thanks!  I'm trying the matte shades today and so far - meh.  I also did a much better job on my left eye.  Oh well.

Yes, I didn't find the mattes to be blendable or at all easy to work with, making my application uneven as well!

The metallics, for me, were nice enough but I could only wear 1 at a time, or they muddied or completely disappeared. I also just didn't find the texture to be very creamy or pleasant :x. So much meh for that price point.

It sounds like the metallic shades of hers are much better than the mattes.

Thanks for the update!  I'm so curious to hear other people's experiences since I only tried the one palette!

Fingers crossed they wear well for you.

I had mostly good luck with the 5 shadow palette I ordered...but the shadows seem inconsistent...and I did notice a difference between shadows in my palette (12).

Hopefully you have better luck than I did!

I'm super nervous Libellules!  I didn't try the matte shades yet and I feel like that's where the real trouble lies.  

The mattes are definitely a hot mess! The metallics were ok, but I didn't find that they blended well or had much staying power, so maybe you are just better at this :P. They did irritate my eyes though 😕

Temptalia put up swatches for 3 of the Natasha Denona palettes today! The shimmers/metallics look beautiful, but the mattes all seem to be falling short.

She said in the comments that her reviews won't be up for quite a while though - like March 😞 I'll be interested to see what she thinks of them

March!?!? I know she only has 2 eyes but she usually slaps 4 to 6 shades on her eyes so she could do both big

palettes in 5 to 7 days. 

Yeah - but she probably has a backlog of other stuff and I think she said something about hoping to get singles to test along the way. plus she just got them this week. I dunno

ETA: found the comment...

Hoping to test some soon. If Beautylish sells individually, I will probably review as I go and then post a “palette review” as a round-up after I make my way through the line. Otherwise, probably not until March/April for a review, lol.

Ok so. I'm going to do a wear test today. Ignoring a) this is probably too bold for my day to day life (this was with a light hand, and my second attempt) b) my atrocious blending -  I'm not used to mattes or bold. It looks normal when my eyes are open lmao. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Used:

Urban Decay Primer

ND Nina's Orchid

ND gold duochrome (forgot name)

Possibly worth mentioning is that in order to trial these, I've been wearing the Natasha Denona shadows exclusively since Friday, and I have an irritated patch of skin on my left outer corner. This isn't normal for me. 

Ick!  I just ordered 12 (as below) but only wore it once...so I'm fascinated by this thread (horrified?).

These aren't looking so great...mine look better.  I'll be curious to hear if it's just a really spotty and inconsistent line.

11 Replies
testing