Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

~ Updated Sept 8th 2019 ~

A place to discuss news and products from Natasha Denona. Share the LOVE! 🖤🖤🖤

Brand page: http://www.sephora.com/natasha-denona

WHAT'S NEW

The Metropolis palette for the holidays (Sept 10th online / Sept 17th stores)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/metropolis-palette-P449064

Glow Gold Highlight Duo (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/glow-gold-highlight-duo-P450058

Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mini-gold-eyeshadow-palette-P450057

I Need A Nude Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/i-need-nude-lipstick-P448848

Coral palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/coral-eyeshadow-palette-P448706

Chroma Crystal Liquid Eyeshadow Mini Set

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/chroma-crystal-liquid-eyeshadow-mini-set-P448154

Glow Gold Highlight Duo & Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette - Sept 17th

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.44 PM.png

Metropolis palette for the holidays - 28 mini pans - Sept 10th online

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.10 PM.png

Spoiler

NEWS (old)

More duochromes shadow coming

More cooler toned shadow coming

Plans for pen form/felt tip liquid liners

Will consider making single shadows from the Star or Sunset palette if more requests

New shadows in 2018

Other innovations in 2018

When asked about blues and greens:

Mermaid colors are definitely going to be one of the trends in 2018. It won't be a five palette, but a new product.

Spoiler

Re: Natasha Denona

They're really not user friendly :/. I tried a few looks, but ultimately ended up returning for similar issues I previously experienced. That and the crystal shades had ridiculous fallout, which says alot to me because I never ever experience fallout with anything (maybe I'm a freak :/).

Ugh! No, I cant deal with fallout especially at this price.

And you're not a freak. It says more about the quality that you're accustomed to @Libellules, and there is nothing wrong with having high expectations, especially if you've paid a lot for a palette. 🙂

@trishavt  @Libellules

Yeah here's another word I was looking for... user friendly. Oh my. LOL

I think if the palette was cheaper maybe some could over look the 4 hard to play with shades... I still want to find the best way to use them though.

and you aren't a freak @Libellules 😉 It's awesome you don't get fallout with other shadows but these crystal ones are just all over the place.

@veronika23 Thanks for sharing.  Dot on the chunky glitter shades?  There are some pretty ones in the mix.  Too bad they're so high maintenance.

@meganlisa  Thanks! That's the word I was looking for! High maintenance! Exactly.  Would be nice if she could come on BT and explain how to best apply her shadows... hint hint BT mods 😄

@veronika23 I guess that's my issue sometimes with certain brands.  I get that - if you're a MA - you have time to apply the higher maintenance stuff.  But for many of us, just getting out of the house is a juggling act (kids, work, life, BT).  And I do like this palette, so I'm not knocking it (most of it I could see myself using daily).  Just maybe those 4 more difficult shades...are an issue.

Why hasn't the brand done a Q&A on BT @KatieBT

@meganlisa they're relatively new to Sephora but it's a great idea! My ears are always open to ideas for live chats and Q&A's 🙂 

@KatieBT It seems like the newer brands (on sephora) get really great responses.  People like to learn about the brand.  I haven't had a lot of application issues with ND shadows but I've seen a couple people mention the issue.  And seemingly they can be used creatively, in ways I am probably missing.  Hope to see a live chat!

@KatieBT  I agree with @meganlisa  I hope for a live chat too!!! 🙂

@meganlisa  the other shades seem to apply well and are pretty. Sadly I haven't been keeping up with my skills and I think that's why I'm having problems. 😞

Swatches of the new liners... I love the blue lol

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 8.43.10 AM.png

NEW:

In stock for the US on Sephora OOS for Canada:

http://www.sephora.com/star-liner-P415230?skuId=1904085

d807faad-504d-4856-8eed-b15f5056ad1a.gif

I was bored and played around with some more of the eyeshadows!! The right side is the phoenix in the crease and spectrum on the lid, and the left is electra in the crease and cosmo on the lid. I used UD primer potion on both eyes, used a synthetic crease brush for the crease and a basic all over shadow brush for the golds. Oh I also have polaris in the inner corner! I thought I disliked the reds but they actually applied really easily and with no issues!!! Same with the golds. 

Oh please disregard the marks on my nose from my glasses and my purple dark circles lol! This was just a quick random look before I shower lol.

IMG_9715.JPG

It looks so nice on you ladies!

Is it a keeper? My glitter shades broke and are in the mattes now. The palette is a mess and I hate to even open it because there is big chunks of glitter everywhere.

Those that have the regular Natasha Denona, do you think this is as good or better? 🙂

Can anyone speak to the Magic Primer Anti-Shine Flawless Face Base? I'm looking for a good mattifying primer, but I don't trust social media reviewers who rave about anything they perceive to be hot.

SUCCESS!

IMG_0874.JPG

Trying out the palette today.

IMG_0879.JPG

I used Vega as a transition shade (I have deep set eyes, so I'm usually trying to neutralize this part), Cosmo on inner to mid lid, Orion on mid to outer lid, and I tapped on a little bit of Galaxia on top. This is over NARS primer.

I used brushes for Vega and Cosmo, but my finger to apply Orion and Galaxia. I know others have commented on this, but I was surprised that I did experience fallout (because I seriously never experience fallout). And I think it was for Galaxia, which is more surprising because I used my finger. On the eye - they are super pretty. For now, lol. Will report back later.

Orion, of course, is really pretty, and when swatched is incredibly pigmented and actually stayed on my arm for longer than I should admit to leaving him there lol.

So update, with my NARS primer.

3 hours in, I noticed that Orion had started traveling into my crease. Also, I guess it was the lighting in the bathroom since still visible here, but I couldn't really see the green very much.

IMG_0888.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG

Then this was 12 hours in. Orion definitely in crease, and while I still see green in photos here, it wasn't really visible at all in person.

IMG_0900.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

I've ordered glitter glue this morning and would like to give it a try. I'm wearing a different look this morning (please ignore red glasses mark on my nose), but I'm having some kind of allergic reaction and part of that is my left eye is irritated. Don't know if it's related or not.

IMG_0907.JPG

Very pretty! How would you compare the quality to Viseart? I know you haven't had a chance to play with it much but still lol 😄

Thanks @jesscheems! I don't have any Viseart mattes for comparison- I just have the new Bijoux which are...satins?

They're really different beasts - completely different textures when comparing the satins vs. the metals and glitters here. Hopefully someone else can chime in. I'm not super impressed with the Viseart that I have. It's pretty, don't get me wrong. But I was playing around and did an eye look with the Viseart Bijoux on one eye, and an almost carbon copy look using the VB x EL palette on the other. The shadows of the VB held up perfectly throughout the day, whereas the visearts muddied by comparison. Not like the ND large palettes had but noticeably against the VB. And the Viseart also gave me a slight tickle (again, not like the ND large palettes). I think my eyes are sensitive to talc, which the Visearts also contain :/.

I honestly don't know what to compare these to. Maybe the NARS duos? MUFE has more of a wet/creamy texture to me. But that's really about texture and payoff. 

@Libellules Thanks for the thorough response!

Ok, I'm back with better swatches! Now, these have been taken in natural daylight, one finger swipe, over UD primer potion.  The glittery shades (right side) had to be swiped back and forth four times for them to actually be "one" with the skin in these swatches.  My eye look is me wearing the middle top shade on the right, the middle bottom shade on the right, the top right shade on the left, and I also tried patting some of the top right shade on the right (the mega glitter one) on my lid.  I had fall out, and it was tough to control, but I managed lol.

NDswacteshc.jpg

NDeyelook.jpg

testing