Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Sol de Janeiro Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Sol De Janeiro.  A lot of us love the scent and the fact that they keep coming out with new body/hair products.  Please share new releases or things you love about the brand so it will help others.

Thank you to @treestar86 for suggesting we need a thread for Sol de Janeiro.

5076295F-D503-4C4D-8A2D-8B5059898504.jpeg

Re: Sol de Janeiro Thread

@ather BIC was being super glitchy for me this last week as well.  I was only allowed to reply on some posts and not others, I couldn't stay signed in at times and I was loading empty pages with nothing but the banner showing.  I'm hoping it was just the updates that were going on and it'll be resolved quickly.  

I've really liked the Native so far, I've tried a few different ones from LaVanille that I couldn't finish and one from Schmidts because they made me smell worse than just doing with nothing.  The Briogio one was actually quite nice, but to me it's no better than the Native that's way less expensive and offers so many other scents.  Super excited to try out this one once I see a promo that entices me.  I'm looking forward to hearing all the reviews from BIC here too.  Seems like there are a few of us who are on the journey together!

@missjeanie  omg yes it’s been glitchy for me too!!! I’ve tried the Schmidt’s and I broke out really bad to the point I had open sores. I gave it to my husband he didn’t care for it. I had the unscented too. I got the SC on Friday and so far so good. I did a hard workout Saturday and I felt I wasn’t smelly at all. I tried the Briogio and it left me smelly. I don’t think I was able to finish it. I tried a drugstore crystal one and it was a hard pass as well. I’ve actually not tried the lavanilla yet. I may need to. I can’t get the Native around where I live and the shipping cost was more then I like to pay. Hoping to find something decent where I’m not trying so spend a ton to get it! So far the routine and the SC are winners! I say overall SC because it’s easy to apply. The routine I have a scoop because my nails are long and I don’t want it getting under my nails and then I rub it in is more work than needs to be but totally worth it if nothing else works!

@ather Open sores???? Oh heck no.  That's awful.  I'm glad the SC is working out so far.  It's a good deal and if they happen to do the 30% off again, it'd be easy to stock up.  Too bad you can't find the Native.  I know the first time I got it I was in the US but found a  code online to get a % off and free shipping to me for a purchase over 30$.  I do see it's showing up in my grocery store now as well (Your Independent Grocer). Keep an eye out, you never know where you'll see it.  I'm loving that so many companies are starting to come out with options anyway!

I haven’t tried it yet @ather. I’m planning on getting it and the new dry shampoo soon.

@faeriegirl  Me too. They both look so good! 

E1C805A3-F854-4108-BBEA-E140919DBF44.jpeg

ED7ABE8D-B217-4C2C-896D-4BC053E38121.jpeg

Oooh I need this! 

Holy Moly!  Between this and the deodorant and dry shampoo... talk about new releases SDJ!

That huge Bum Bum cream usually is only a limited edition release around November, right? I just recently opened my jar (I was trying to get through my smaller jar) that I bought last fall. 

I am probably in the minority, but I love the smell of the Coco Cabana cream. I have the spray, body wash and lotion. I’d have that mega sized jar if they made it in this scent! LOL

Curious to smell the newest Bom Dia Bright Cream. It’s in my order and on its way to me. 

@StellaBG  I love the coconut one too (but I love everything coconut), although it is a bit sticky.  I just have the mini sample, not sure if its the old or new one...I'd like to get the Sol de Janeiro Coco Cabana Jet Set ,and would also love a big jar of it. 😍🤗

I like the bom dia...its very smooth too.  I'm suddenly interested in the Sol de Janeiro Açaí Body Power Cream 8.1 oz/ 240 mL , partly bc the purple color is so soothing...I find the bom dia one a bit too fluorescent.

Has anyone tried the acai one? @SportyGirly125 

@treestar86  I tried it too and was also not a fan of it. It was ok, but nothing special.

@treestar86 I tried the acai one years ago when it was launched but it wasn't a repurchase for me.  I love the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Nude Fragrance-Free Body Cream 13.0 oz/ 385 mL 

@treestar86 

The bom dia scent is good, I wish the lotion were a tad bit more hydrating. I’ve used it on my arms and legs yesterday and within an hour or two, my skin felt like it hadn’t been moisturized at all. I’ve not experienced that with the original or the coco cabana.

I have not tried the açaí one. Will you be purchasing it during the sale?

@StellaBG ahh, I've only tried it on my hands, and find theyre instantly brighter and smoother.

I was thinking about it...but theres not a small one to try. 

I was also thinking about getting the biggie bum cream...Ive never tried it, but I have the glow oil so I think its the same scent?  I read some reviews of the acai one that said they tried it bc the bum bum was too strong...so im not sure if it would be too big or strong to use a lot of...thats why I was interested in the acai, bc it seems more mellow, although some reviews say its really strong like floral perfume and gave them a headache, while others say it doesnt have much of a smell, so idk...

@StellaBG Yes the Biggie bum bum cream is usually released around September for the holidays this year they released it earlier. 

I love the scent of the new bom dia bright cream that I got as a sample but it wasn’t hydrating enough for my dry skin. 

Thx to @SportyGirly125 @and @treestar86 i buy the gigantic jar of bum bum cream for my son. My entire house will smell liked delicious banana 😘

It does have a super cheerful scent!   Late last year, I bought the Hand cream, hoping that it'd have the same level of scent & texture. Nope, no such luck! It was just Ok; I stubbornly finished it. But won't re-purchase.

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Touch Hand Cream 1.7 oz/50 mL 

@MvLL I tried the hand cream too and wasn’t that impressed 

01EFFB20-78A0-4704-8F51-90B8A9377713.jpeg

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos28
  • 5076295F-D503-4C4D-8A2D-8B5059898504.jpeg
  • 01EFFB20-78A0-4704-8F51-90B8A9377713.jpeg
  • E1C805A3-F854-4108-BBEA-E140919DBF44.jpeg
  • ED7ABE8D-B217-4C2C-896D-4BC053E38121.jpeg