Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Sephora collection New Releases and Discussion thread

I think Sephora collection is one of those underrated brands that has so many great products. I didn't find any thread dedicated to the brand so I thought to state one. 

Come discuss you favourite Sephora collection and post if you hear about something new coming soon. Ask question and give/get suggestions.

IMG_6087.JPG

Re: Sephora collection New Releases and Discussion thread

Awesome idea, @fatimamummy! I've been hesitant about the SC, but I've discovered a few gems. Hopefully I can find more with this thread 😄

Here are a few of my favourite SC products:

• Pro brush line (#57 is my HG concealer brush)
  • Cream Lip Stains (40 Pink Tea in particular, the shade extension was much needed)
  • Smoothing & Brightening concealer (this used to be my HG concealer mixed in with another - I'll need to revisit it. It didn't cover my bags, but it made them more youthful!)

@Melissa136 - I have the #57 brush too.  I don't know how I lived without it!

Great thread! I love the green tea sleeping mask! The Almond Foot Mask and the Lip Cream Stains. The new collection of bags are soooo cute!!

I love The Sephora Collection @fatimamummy

I especially love the Vacationer make up bag. It is perfect for carrying all of your make up essentials and brushes! I love that they typically come out with a new design every few months. It is the perfect everyday make up bag! 

I also love the Black Magic Set of 2 Makeup Remover Cloths. These are amazing and so affordable. When I am being lazy, I love using these to remove my make up and it removes it all!

Best Wishes,

Janean 

These makeup removing cloths are on my love list for a while now @JaneanBT One of these days I'll pick them.

Great idea for a thread@fatimamummy

I'm fond of quite a few of the Sephora pro brushes, which I think are good quality for the price.

My only gripe with the Sephora Collection as a brand is that it's what I consider an ephemeral brand, which makes me, TBH, avoid trying most of their makeup and skincare products. I've had numerous items of theirs that I loved be discontinued. I'm not sure how they could remedy this but to me it sort of makes them similar to drugstore brand makeup in my mind. I wish they could figure out a way to keep selling the more popular items/colors. As it is, when I find something I like (despite my trying to avoid the brand), I have to buy one or two backups. This continual discontinuation of their products makes me antsy when I even walk by their displays.

@DiVWA I know where you are coming from. At the moment a product I can't live without is their bright future concealer. I dread the day when they decide to discontinue it without advance notice.

Some of the items I loved from the Sephora Collection were discontinued, but there are still a few I love.

Almond Foot Mask - very hydrating; not the peeling type. I always keep these on hand.

Cream Lip Stains

Ultra Shine Lip Gels - Pin Up Pink was in a promo awhile back and I've been in love with it ever since.

Pro Brushes - these make up the majority of my brush collection

There have been a number liners and mascaras I've enjoyed, but I think they've been discontinued.

I love Almond foot masks, I don't like peeling masks because I can't stand the idea of skin peeling off my feet making them look rough. Due to their quality and very low price, these are my new favourite Add On to meet the minimum spend for promo code. Which means I have a never ending supply of these masks 🙂

Yay for SC! Thanks for starting this, @fatimamummy 🙂 

@fatimamummy This thread is a great idea. Sephora's house brand has some hidden gems. I agree that the brushes are really nice and the lip stains are fantastic. I love the makeup storage bags, they always have the nicest prints and are good quality. I've been meaning to try their concealer and the spray foundation. The new blush palette is also calling my name. My biggest recommendation right now:

http://www.sephora.com/smooth-finisher-exfoliating-bath-mitt-P414214?skuId=1867506&icid2=products%20...

This bath mit is awesome. 

Great idea for a thread @fatimamummy! I love to poke around in the Sephora Collection section on the website and see what new things I can find. It's a good way for me to explore without spending too much 🙂

My current favorites are:

Illuminate Palette

Almond Foot Mask

Pro brushes (eye)

Creamy Night Mask

Super Nourishing Lip Balm

Strawberry Macaroon (I think?) eyeliner

Charcoal Swabs

Colorful Gloss Balm in Peek-A-Blue

I also bought the Perfection Mist Airbrush Blush for my daughter and it looked amazing on her. I've considered purchasing one for me but I haven't yet.

This is a great thread! I agree, Sephora is one of the most underrated brands. 

Top 5 products:

1. Brushes(Pro especially)

2. Cream Lip Stains

3. Shadow singles

4. Highlight Palettes

5. Concealer

Anonymous Insider

@fatimamummyThis such a great thread idea! I can't believe BeautyTalk has been around so long without it.

Right @Anonymous, Sephora deserves a home brand thread on Beauty Talk.

I agree the Sephora brand is underrated! There are really some gems in the collection...I love their lip creams, and most of the brushes I use are Sephora brand. 

@k617 My brush collection ( which isn't very big) has most of the brushes from Sephora collection. 

Yay! Thank you for starting this thread @fatimamummy 🙂 I love Sephora Collection and am always excited to see their new launches. So many of my favorites right now are from this brand!

@Mcakes Me too, All the products in pictures above other than highlighter palettes are my favourite. I haven't used there skin care products other than masks but I love all the Sephora collection makeup products I own.

I'm in love with Sephora Brand. It flies unders the radar and it's a shame. My HG foundation AND lipstick are both Sephora and both are discontinued. I stockpiled a bit of the foundation, it's powder, but once it's gone, I'm really going to be sad. Finally found a very close dupe for my lipstick with NARS Bound. It's 98% there so I'll just have to accept it LOL. 

My loves list is long:

Spoiler
If you have green eyes, you need this. Trust me. Jumbo liner in Purple
http://www.sephora.com/jumbo-liner-12hr-wear-waterproof-P284507?skuId=1311190&icid2=products%20grid%...

Eyeliner in Flirting Game
http://www.sephora.com/waterproof-contour-eye-pencil-P377784?skuId=1473883&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap...

Diamone eyeliner in Ruby. I just know they're gonna DC this. Another winner for green eyes. 
http://www.sephora.com/diamond-eyeliner-P400506?skuId=1746924&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap400506

I love this brush!
http://www.sephora.com/pro-tapered-liner-brush-33-P405527?skuId=1774215&icid2=products%20grid:p40552...

LOVE Fig, Ruby and Scarlet. Get 'em now because they're on the way out the door. Another product that didn't get enough love due to the uber-matte liquid lipstick craze. Now every brand is copying this formula. 
http://www.sephora.com/luster-matte-long-wear-lip-color-P385561?skuId=1568070&icid2=products%20grid%...

Closest dupe I could get to my HG is #10 Miss You. Such a perfect nude for pale skinned girls. Not too pink, not too yellow or brown.  Just right. Paired with NYX Mauve lip pencil, this is a perfect combo. 
http://www.sephora.com/rouge-shine-lipstick-P310714?skuId=1738830&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap310714

And last for the day, because I know there are more, is my HG tanner which I've just found is...discontinued. Sephora, why? Why you do this to me? I'm praying you bring this back for the summer. I'm not a tanning kind of girl, but sometimes I need a bit of color on my neck to match my ghost face. Because my neck is translucent LOL. This self tanner was the best!!! Water based, no silicones so zero breakouts. Just swipe on with a cotton pad and boom, color in a few hours. I also use this to contour without makeup. I swipe a bit down the sides of my nose and around my jawline. No makeup contour, super easy and shows through my makeup. It's just a slight enhancement that helps my ghost face. Oh please bring this back!
IMG_3046.JPG

Thanks for sharing your favourite products @pixiedust2 . I have a few eyeshadow singles that are surprisingly good quality. One of my favourite easy to wear highlighter is Sephora micro smooth baked luminizer in light beam. It has such a pretty colour shift. I am thinking to pick the shade Stardust as well because these are on sale and may be discontinued once the stock sells out.

2 Replies
testing