Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

For the love of all things Guerlain

There is a line that has buried itself in my heart (and my pocketbook), and it is Guerlain.  I know Im not the only one out there.  I thought I would start this thread for the discussion of all things Guerlain, skin care, makeup, perfume, places to get good gwp or good samples.  Experiences people have had, looks people have created with the products.  

For me it all started with a makeover by Guerlain's own Marie Line at my local Neiman Marcus.  She spent an hour with me and I left feeling calm and happy.  

As a mother of 4 year old twins and as a doctor I spend my live rushing through the day, often without enough sleep, more often without enough water, taking care of everyone else.  It shows on my face, in the fatigue in my eyes, in the puffiness and dark circles under them.  While I have been blessed with good skin it can be confused, aging (I bought my guerlain the day prior to my 40th birthday), but still with an oily t zone, and with patchy dry spots on my cheeks likely from the dry air in my medical work environment.  One of the things she said to me was- make it about a ritual for you, and dont leave it until your going to fall asleep.  I walked out with the orchidee imperiele gel cream, eye and lip cream and white/brightenining serum.  It was a birthday gift to myself.  And now every night I sit down for 15 minutes and wash my face and slowly carry through the ritual.  a ritual of energy expended and renewed.  Breathing in the soft smell of the orchids.  Im still using a cleanser and exfoliator from another line given how much I spent, but I have seen substantial change in my face in the 3 weeks since.  

so thats my story, and I would love to share a discussion with other lovers of Guerlain, especially as we eagerly anticipate the 2015 holiday collection.

Guerlain-Holiday-2015-Neiges-Merveilles.jpg

guerlainparis.jpg

Re: For the love of all things Guerlain

It's a little bit hard to see in your picture, but Meteorites I've bought usually have some dust - I consider it normal when it's very fine, and on the bottom of the container. My holiday pearls are in the best condition I've ever seen any new Meteorites in. 

Hard to say - but it looks like you almost have some Meteorites "crumbs" in there... on the one hand, they really do last a looong time. But I can understand being disappointed if they don't look like they're in good condition 😞 It's hard for me to say one way or another, but I'm sorry if you're feeling disappointed!

Have any Canadian ladies managed to find the holiday Rouge G lipstick yet? It doesn't look like Sephora will be carrying it and my Bay and SDM counters haven't received them yet (although I did snag the meteorites online from the Bay when they came out). I just thought I'd see if anyone else was stalking this in Canada and was in the same boat!

Nordstrom vancouver might hv it they got their stuff yesterday, you can pm for the SAs info.

Awesome, thanks! I'll definitely pm you 🙂

Got it and replied 🙂

Woohoo! The rep from Nordstrom is shipping out their last lipstick to me. Thank you again for your help - you're the best!

I got mine from the Bloor St boutique middle of October - so they definitely had them in. Shipping was free

Oh wow! I never even thought of that - thank you, Lachaton!

I ended up ordering mine from Nordstom even though it was quite pricey,I was scared I wouldn't get one at all.It is backordered until Nov 20 but at least I should get it eventually.

Nice! I checked online with Nordies and didn't see them, I might have to go in person...

I got mine from Holts (they got their shipment in on Friday)! Try calling them and see if they have any left!

Thank you so much, k617! I left a message with their Guerlain rep...

I hope you get one!

Sadly she didn't call me back yet - but dioraddict's SA from Nordstrom Vancouver was able to ship their last one out to Calgary free of charge. So it all worked out! 🙂

Hooray!

Yayyy I am glad u got it, I got hold of one for another BT-er which i am picking up tonight 🙂

Thanks for the heads up, didn't know Holts already got them. 🙂

Awesome, thank you guys!!

First hints I've seen of a spring collection - not too exciting yet, although I'm really curious about the compact. It looks almost speckled to me, like that Diorsnow powder compact.

IMG_5250 (2).png

I think that compact is really pretty too! Thanks for sharing the photo 

Any one tried the new Parure gold liquid Foundation? Thoughts on it? And the Face powder? I liked the liquid foundation when I tried it but I think its a bit too moisturizing on my oil/combo skin.

1,676 Replies
testing