Beauty Gift Bag Enthusiasts- Information, Photos and Recommendations

[ Edited ]

Hey gift bag haulers-I know you are out there! If you are like me and feel compelled to purchase every department store and boutique gift bag event, this is the place to share your info, pictures, decisions, reviews and more.

I just went for the Bergdorf Goodman Be Beautiful bag and will post my picture down below in a little bit. There are more of these GWP bags coming up and I would love to discuss your favorites, what the gifts bags have or will contain. I even have the idea that we could possible negotiate swaps between the gift bags and potentially go in to share a bag (split the gift and $250 purchase) for example..Lots to discuss!

Dates-please post any info that you get and I will try to update

Neiman Marcus Beauty Event February 11th 2016- gift with purchase, gifts and buy in TBA

Space NK- TBA I believe it is coming up in February

Barney's Gift bag- February/March (there is already a thread for this specific event, so just mentioning it)

Let's gift it up!!!

Edit: if you got a gift bag and want to switch up, swap or stockpile your faves, head on over to this thread

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/The-Gift-Bag-Haul-Trading-Post/td-p/2559413

Re: Beauty Gift Bag Enthusiasts- Information, Photos and Recommendations

[ Edited ]

Cult Beauty Summer Goody Bag

110 GBP buy-in 

A fairly boring bag IMO (for me anyways) - I feel like CB's GWP game have gone downhill lately. A lot of their usual brand freebies are either smaller sizes or have a higher buy-in. Smiley Sad

170523_hp_wk22gb-6unu3.jpg

Full details in spoiler:

Spoiler
170524_goodybag_landingpage_june17-po9l3.jpg

(0) Hearts

Bglowing $200 value beauty bundle free with $150 purchase

Kind of mad....got my email and I started my order.  Got all the way through check out and then got an error.  After much research, found that it is out of stock.  

Really?  Out of stock after just the Cult Beauty exclusive preview sale day.  What happens to those who did not qualify for preview purchase today?

(0) Hearts

The last one hung around for quite a while but the others have sold out within hours. I think that is why they focus so much on signing up for early access. 

Just got my email to order the Cult beauty x Caroline Hirons box

(0) Hearts

Ladies, if anyone wants to split Caroline Hirons box. I want Zelens and January Labs and don`t need another things.

[ Edited ]

For anyone contemplating the Cult Beauty X Caroline box, I thought I might give my input - if it helps:

I have used all products in the box, except one.  They are all "goodish" to HG products for me.  

*I haven't decided if I will get the box yet*.  

1. Pixi Double Cleanse - Haven't used this, but I am confident it is good.  The price point is great as well.  

2. Dr Dennis Gross Universal Peel Pads - These pads are my HG/favourite acid peels of all time.  And they are extra special as this was my first foray into skincare about 10 years ago.  I use these ALL the time, but I also have a lot in stock in my house.

3. Indie Lee CoQ10 Toner - I have this, and have used it.  Love the scent, although strong (smells like aftershave from the 90s).  But I am slightly meh on this.  I can easily do without, it has the least tangible effect on my skin.  I have a lot of product still left.

4. Tata Harper Restorative Eye Cream - This is certainly my HG eye cream (daytime, but could also be used nighttime).  It is a perfect product, but very spendy.  I didn't repurchase after my last empty so I could finish up some other "good" eye creams I have in my cupboard.  But I miss it.  

5. Zelens Power D Treatment Drops - I have this and have used it a few times.  More in spoiler:

Spoiler
I just want to say that Dr.Gross was the first person I saw that came out with a Vit D serum a few years back.  I didn't try it, but I remember being so very impressed.  I am forever a fangirl of DDG  - his alpha beta pads were my gateway acid that made me into the skincare junkie I am today.  

Back to Zelens - these drops are good when you have skin issues that has "weakened" your skin.  A vigorous treatment, retinoids, redness, acne breakout etc.  I haven't had the need to focus so much on this aspect much, fortunately.  So these have not been a staple in my routine, but more for "as needed".  Which means I don't go through it quickly at all.  I still have a lot of product left and uncertain if getting a box with a full size is wise.  I haven't made the effort to incorporate it more frequently in my routine, I should think on it.  

6. January Labs Moisture Balancing Lotion - I have this and have used it.  I am meh about it.  It isn't bad, but it didn't bowl me over.  Perhaps I will give it another go this morning to see what I think. ETA - I used it this morning, and I like it!  /it is very light, so more suitable for combo/oily skin, or in warmer climes.  If you have dry skin, use it with an oil or over an oily serum.

I plan to use all these products in my late morning routine today - so I can decide if I want the box.  I will post in the "Daily skincare" thread if anyone cares for a follow up.

Full reveal of the Cult x CH box:

carolinehirons dot com/2017/05/cult-beauty-box-reveal.html

1. Pixi Double Cleanse
  2. Dr Dennis Gross Universal Peel Pads
  3. Indie Lee CoQ10 Toner
  4. Tata Harper Restorative Eye Cream
  5. Zelens Power D Treatment Drops
  6. January Labs Moisture Balancing Lotion

It looks like a very solid box. I am excited to get it! GBP 170 minus UK sales tax.. so it should be around GBP 150 for people in North America?

Just watched the video! I love me a Hirons Cult box! They take off 20% for tax (VAT) and exchange rate is around $1.25:£1, I think so it will be $185-ish @TriesToBoClassy?

@lipstick4soul thanks for the math 😄 that sounds really reasonable for what you get.

Cult x CH second reveal: Indie Lee CoQ10!

reveal_ch_social_v2_indielee.jpg

(0) Hearts

A part of me is kinda glad this is something I already own...gives me a reason NOT to get it. Smiley Very Happy

unnamed (1).jpgunnamed.jpg

Violet Grey

Receive a complimentary 5-piece Green Beauty Set (valued at $135) with all orders over $200.

Set includes: a full-size Joanna Vargas Daily Serum and Kosås Weightless Lip Color, as well as travel-size Pai Rosehip Oil, Pai Calming Day Cream, and Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask.

Caroline Hirons Beauty Box for Cult Beauty is coming soon. There is waitlist opened. At this moment I didn`t see any spoilers, but I hope to see what is inside within next couple weeks.

C_HIRONS.jpg

This looks good so far.  I didn't know about the first box and the second box was not a fit for me.  Hoping I will win the lottery with this one!

Thanks for posting.

First spoiler came out. This is Zelens Power D High Potency Provitamin D. Next spoiler will be on Thursday and then full box video Sunday. What do you think?

Power D Treatment Drops.jpg

Looks good so far; does that mean the box will be for sale this week? @Sansara  Last year it was up around Mother's Day (the US one.)

I think @geewhiz is right - next week. And I like the spoiler Smiley Happy

It will probably go on sale next Wed or Thurs. That's usually the timing after all the spoilers come out (which will be on Sunday). CANNOT WAIT!