Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Brand Loyal
|

Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

If you are a fan obsessed or just a beauty lover curious about Diptyque, come on over! I thought this would be a fun place to share your thoughts, collections, decorating ideas, questions about the fabulous world of Diptyque.

I started out with one candle, the Beverly Hills candle-which is so fabulous-I'll post a picture of it tomorrow-thinking I was crazy to buy a $70 candle. Yes, it's crazy-crazy good! I've since collected 2 or 3 more and purchased a perfume. This week I got my first body care item, the satin body oil. I really love everything from Diptyque.

So let's discuss Smiley Happy One question I have is how do you get the inside cleaned out so you can use the jars for pretty collections like I see a lot of on social media?

RE: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

I’m not sure how to start a new thread about diptyque since this is my first posting on these groups-sorry! Butttt I was wondering if anyone has any inside info if diptyque is doing anything holiday? Through Nordstrom or any other department store etc? alsoooo- I just bought the huge Baies candle for our home to burn and then use to hold some makeup brushes and as its burning my husband tells me never buy it again bc it smells like soap! How dare he! Hahah ♥️

Re: RE: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

Diptyque sent me an email with early access from Oct 10-13.  I was good this year and ordered the 70gm coffret to try the candle scents first instead of buying all three 190gm like I normally do.  If I like them, I'll order the full size.  Let me know what you get!    https://www.diptyqueparis.com/en_us/l/diptyque-s-lucky-charms.html?utm_campaign=101019_Holiday_Previ...

I've had the page open all day. I usually only like one or two out of the three, but they never sell out, so I'm not too worried about that. I'm considering the carousels as will sell out quickly and the 5 or 12 candle sets. The lid is beautiful, but wow that price! I'm looking for confirmation to pull the trigger on any of them. 

I took a chance on the larger carousel.  I purchased it last year and it never hung level and was unusable. I have the little carousels and have never had a problem with them so I was particularly disappointed with the large one.  Ordered the 12 candle pine set; seems like a very cute idea.  Was intrigued with the lid, but told myself to really think it over at that price.  20 mins later when I went back to check, it was OOS.  Probably just as well, but I could really use the luck and harmony they advertised this year!

@cyan8181 

That's good to know. I was thinking of getting a carousel this year and debating between the sizes...Maybe will just grab a small one then. 

Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

City candles are available online until 09/16.  You can always get the US cities by calling Diptyque stores in that particular city (NY, Beverly Hills, Miami), but it's a little tougher to get the internationals if you aren't traveling there.  I have them all by now, but my repurchase is always the Paris.  It's a bit like Baies, but more complex.  London is a powdery floral, Berlin smells just like Tilleul if you've burned that one.  I don't love any of the others and am trying to work my way through them.  Anyone else a fan of any of the city candles???

RE: Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

I love the Beverly Hills Miami and Shanghai. Tried all the others and those are the ones I’m repurchasing. @cyan8181 thanks for update!

The GWP for the valentines collection is up on the Diptyque site  $150 buy in

B4B83E14-F81F-4D7F-893A-2254FE4DCEB8.jpeg

Looks like this will be branding for the 2019 valentine’s collection. I got this pic from selfridges. All the items were standard “roses” scent. The candle wasn’t posted yet, so maybe they’ll do something different  though they generally do the candle and hanging tablet thing in the same scent. 

3E971A43-A54D-4FC1-81E5-0B2B4B704580.jpeg2019 Diptyque

RE: Re: Discussion for the Diptyque Crowd (please join!)

I had a necklace to return to Nordstrom and was surprised to see diptyque, I didn’t know it was there! I thought after some expanded notes that I would want daninesca instead of my original choice of centifolia. I ended up sticking with centifolia, I loved the fresh scent. They weren’t stocking the minis so I ordered the mini through her and she included a mini rose too! Successful trip 🎉

@CC3616, Thanks for the post. Could you possibly describe...

@CC3616, Thanks for the post. Could you possibly describe the Damascena smell? Was it overpowering rose?

Re: @CC3616, Thanks for the post. Could you possibly describe...

@Luvstravel Forgive me because I’m not a fragrance expert at all! The centifolia was very fresh, I did get a lot of the greenery but also had a good balance of rose. The daminesca smelled like musty non-specific floral to me and I didn’t pick up a lot of rose from it. I didn’t get the honey notes either at all!  It’s funny how individual it is because IIRC you didn’t get much rose in centifolia but I did. 

@CC3616, On my way home from Dallas. Stopped in the Diptyque Boutique and smelled both candles. They had both burning so the store smelled so good, but I really wish just one was burning so I could have gotten a better sense of the candle. After smelling both, I did prefer the Centifolia over the Damascena but sense I didn't fall in love with either one I passed. I really wished I lived closer to a bigger shopping area so I could stop in whenever new products and new makeup is released, but oh well, it's by mail for me 🙂

@Luvstravel I understand, it's an hour plus to sephora/nordstorm/saks. It was pure luck that I landed near a store last week! I would be interested to smell them together, but that definitely doesn't help you with your purchase. I was originally going to purchase the mini set because of how the online description had them playing off each other, but I'm glad I stuck with just one. Money saved for something you love! 

@CC3616, I completely understand. I think I'm running to Dallas this weekend, so I will definitely stop in Nordstrom or the Diptyque store itself.

There's a Diptyque in Grand Central and they were burning one of the roses candles and the whole hallway smelled wonderful (quite the feat considering how big the space is!).  I'm excited to pick one up!

@lipstick4soul

The valentines collection just launched on Nordstrom! individual minis ($36) this set ($72) and the scented hanging oval you posted ($55) as well as a couple perfume sets! I love the concept 

What it is: A limited-edition set featuring two fragrances from the Roses collection, which celebrates the rose in all its form.

diptyque valentines.jpeg

What it is: A limited-edition set featuring two fragrances from the Roses collection, which celebrates the rose in all its form.

Fragrance story: This two candle gift set celebrates the most emblematic roses of perfumery: the centifolia rose and the damascena rose. Two singular rose scents in candles that can be lit together or separately. Individually, each candle releases its own singular scent. Together, they complement each other as the refreshing, delicate fragrance of one mingles with the luxurious, honeyed notes of the other.

Set includes:

- Damascena Scented Candle

- Centifolia Scented Candle

• 2.4 oz. each
  • Made in France
  • Item #5768169

@lipstick4soul and @ talifromcali, just received my Dipty...

@lipstick4souland @talifromcali, just received my Diptyque Centifolia candle and I'm returning it. Maybe the smell was too green rosy for me, I guess I might prefer the old lady rose smell better 😊

Re: @lipstick4soul and @ talifromcali, just received my Dipty...

Did you light the candle @Luvstravel? It’s quite possible that the “rose” would be more pronounced when the wax warms (again,  I don’t have the candles but going off what I know of the essential oils and how they behave). 

Re: @lipstick4soul and @ talifromcali, just received my Dipty...

@lipstick4soul, No I didn't light it because I wanted to be able to return it, so that may possibly be true. Hope someone purchases both so they can give a better comparison 🙂

803 Replies