Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

By Kilian Thread

Sephora has been carrying a few By Kilian fragrances for a while now, but with the release of the Holiday Discovery Set KILIAN Paris Travel Spray Discovery Set I’m hopeful even more fragrances and other beauty items will soon be sold here as well! 

My growing collection:AA79DD3F-6A6C-47D4-9E80-1040EA8A00A7.jpeg12EB63CA-9772-4CDD-A860-3B5A1A1C2A98.jpeg

Top: Dangerous Rouge Satin, Bottom: Rouge Nuit Matte

Re: By Kilian Thread

New on Sephora this morning:

Screenshot 2022-02-15 054744.jpg

B8A7065C-81E5-4DAC-877A-7DC16D98BF3B.jpeg
Beginning 2022 by ending my Kilian Discovery journey! Straight to Heaven, a fragrance that came out way back in 2007, is all cedar wood and patchouli on me. I don’t get any rum or vanilla, or anything else for that matter. It’s a fancy cedar chest, or a a bag of cedar chips waiting to be placed in a garden, depending on how you feel about this particular wood scent. I don’t think it stands along very well, but layered with ginger (Origins Ginger Essence is my go-to) or with orange (Jo Malone Orange Peel is my favorite right now), and then finish with some florals (literally any floral you want to dirty up a bit) and you’ve got a great scent for these long wintery nights.

B7FF7C21-A334-4AE7-8E74-F88D6B798EB9.jpeg

Getting close to wrapping up the Discovery set adventure! Rolling in Love, a 2019 creation, is perfect for this time of year when we’re prone to reminiscing. This scent reminds me so much of other gourmands from the last few years: Scarlet Poppy from Jo Malone, Good Girl from Carolina Herrera, and a less floral version of Dancing Flowers from Viktor & Rolf. It’s a sweet, safe perfume that did indeed garner me compliments from people who kept guessing it was just like other scents that are well known and loved. For the price point, I honestly expect more daring, more sex appeal, more oomph from Kilian. As I already own all of the above mentioned perfumes I am not in the least bit compelled to pick this one up. However, if you like this scent, you’d be just as well off getting one of Carolina Herrera’s many Girls (each flanker so far has her own charm).

07421051-D9C6-4EF8-8258-4B787A1E773A.jpeg
After a holiday break it’s time to start wrapping up the discovery set tour. Moonlight in Heaven, a 2016 production, is not what I was expecting from this house at all. It’s vaguely tropical, with citrus top notes and a synthetic coconut scent that clashes rather than blend seamlessly with the underlying florals, which they themselves are just hinted at but never truly present to my nose. It’s more of a head scratcher than an outright scrubber, but I’m not crazy about it. Then again I’m more of a dark and mysterious gourmand lover, and this concoction is strangely timid and unsure of itself. It’s like Kilian was trying to think outside the sexy box and came up with something that you’d find at a kiosk also selling puka shells and sarongs to cruise ship vacationers. This reminds me of my disappointment at Jo Malone’s various stabs at going tropical (Tropical Cherimoya, Red Hibiscus, and Yellow Hibiscus in recent years).

2B32243D-0E5D-416A-A0E5-0ACC5E3F3FD2.jpeg
Getting through the Discovery Set pretty quickly, I must say! For the next few days I’ll be rocking Love Don’t Be Shy, a 2007 classic! This scent is a total sugar bomb! Like wearing an orange blossom flavored marshmallow, it’s a fun scent that will make you feel like wearing pastels and twirling around a lot 👗

I don’t ordinarily enjoy sweet scents, but Love is very pleasant once the initial sugar rush settles down. You can get a way with this scent all year with some layering, a light citrus for spring and something muskier for the colder months, but even by itself it’s just pure fun.

52E67903-9BEF-4E0F-AB0B-BA1690052CF7.jpeg
The perfect scent for the chill of autumn: Intoxicated. This 2014 fragrance is the type of gourmand that’s in my wheelhouse: coffee and cardamom! Here’s the thing, I already own a very similar fragrance: Gorilla/Lush Cardamom Coffee. Side by side these two are incredibly similar, except that Intoxicated is a bit weaker when first applied, and has more floral undertones in the dry down. Cardamom Coffee is more linear but packs a bigger punch. Both have similar wear time on my skin, and when layered together, well, they can only be described as a delicious concoction. My search for a Kilian scent to add to my collection must continue, but I have enjoyed Intoxicated more than any other scent thus far.

@LCResz This is one of my favourites from the house 🙂

There is a Kilian Virtual Master Class coming up:

2816DC41-7A06-41E8-ACFD-BDF48B20C1C5.jpeg

I am inviting you to our Kilian Holiday virtual event happening on Tuesday,  November 16th from 5pm-6pm EST.

Please read invite & rsvp to reserve your spot.

This will be an amazing event where you can here from our creative director himself what is in store for the holidays & more.

We will offer complimentary deluxe samples with all orders and complimentary engraving on site with all pre orders too.”

Spoiler

@LCResz @Sunnysmom @blackkitty2014 @curlychiquita @Titian06 @pocketvenus 

@eshoe Thanks for the tag! I've got a meeting  😢 but I hope everyone who attends enjoys it. Every interview I've read with Kilian makes him seem really lovely.

Oh I am so sorry you will miss out, @pocketvenus! I’m looking forward to hearing him share more now☺️

@eshoe Appreciate the tag and looking forward to reading about it ❤️

Thanks for the tag, @eshoe !  I'm registered!  💖💖💖

Yay, @Titian06 🙌🏼 you’re welcome!!

Thx you so much @eshoe for the tag. Signed up! 🌹

You are welcome, @blackkitty2014!

Very cool thank you @eshoe ! 💞

You’re welcome, @Sunnysmom!

@eshoe Thanks for the info about the upcoming Masterclass! Love getting new gifting ideas!

You’re welcome, @LCResz. Yes to being in gifting mode!!!

Registered! Thanks, @eshoe! 💖

Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 223 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos13
  • AA79DD3F-6A6C-47D4-9E80-1040EA8A00A7.jpeg
  • 12EB63CA-9772-4CDD-A860-3B5A1A1C2A98.jpeg
  • Bamboo Harmony
  • 75D0E9F8-9DB2-4205-9D1D-43BDF030880A.jpeg
  • This beauty showed up yesterday!