Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

keratin treatment vs olaplex for breaking/damaged hair??

I am natural brown hair but used to get my hair highlighted light blonde every few months. It caused a lot of dryness so I then started to ombré my hair to reduce color treatments. This last July I wanted to lighten it up got highlights again which then caused breaking!!! My roots are growing out so I was thinking of doing a longer ombré so mostly brown and the bottom fade out in combination with either a keratin treatment or an olaplex treatment.. however I saw some comments about Keratin treatments causing more damage??. So I just wanted to help or tips about getting my hair healthier! I use sulfate-free shampoo/conditioner and I try to only use heat 1x a week with protectant. In the pictures you can see the top of my hairs starting to break off. Pleaseeee help! Thanks

Re: keratin treatment vs olaplex for breaking/damaged hair??

Sorry that you are experiencing damage! Your hair still looks beautiful. I would steer clear of the keratin right now, unless there’s one that does not involve flat ironing. Your hair needs tlc, bond repair from the inside out, and hydration. Olaplex will work with just the first treatment, and prep your hair for more color and or keratin down the road. You can also visit www.olaplex.com to use the salon locator to find a stylist who will use the Olaplex #1 as a stand-alone treatment to give you the most powerful treatment available. Wish you the best!

Hi! Thank you for your interest in Olaplex! Olaplex can absolutely help! You will notice a difference in overall integrity with just one treatment! No. 3 It works best on clean, towel dried hair. Apply a generous amount and comb through. Let process a minimum of 10 minutes then shampoo and condition! You can leave on longer for added benefits. Because there is no protein, you can not overuse Olaplex. We recommend weekly treatments to maintain healthy hair along with in salon professional strength Stand Alone Treatments. Let us know if you have any further questions! 

What is the difference between the No. 3 and the stand alone treatment? I've also seen some No. 2 before and was curious what the difference between the treatments are and how to access different ones. 

You are a perfect candidate for our Iles Formula products!  They provide INSTANT repair for all hair types. You can take a peek at our reviews, learn more and purchase right here on Sephora.com if you end up liking what you see.  You can also check out our profile page to see some images that all of our fans tag us in after using our formulas.  

https://www.sephora.com/product/discovery-travel-kit-P406284?skuId=1793843&icid2=iles_formula_lp_hau...

I bought the olaplex (#1 and 2 are for processing, and #...

I bought the olaplex (#1 and 2 are for processing, and # 3 is for home use in between) and I really like it. I also use a keratin mask and a deep conditioner. My hair is naturally level 3-4 and I was a high lift blond (it was damn near white). I've gone back to brunette, and it's been about a month of the products and I've got about 60% improvement.

I get KeraStraight done it helps to strengthen my overly bleached hair-my natural hair is black, but I’ve had to bleach it numerous times to dye it teal and sky blue. Also, it smooths the follicle so I can just wash and let it air dry instead of having to use styling heat tools. I also invested in high end heat tools. My T3 hair dryer has been shown to be healthier to use to blow dry hair than letting it air dry. KeraStraight lasts up to 12 weeks. Worth every pretty penny. 

Olaplex is a treatment done when you're dyeing your hair...

Olaplex is a treatment done when you're dyeing your hair - make sure your stylist does it during every color/lightening session. At the end of the appointment, seal it in with a Keratin treatment. Get that redone every 4-6 weeks and in the mean time, use a hydrating/repairing mask 1-2 times a week.

RE: keratin treatment vs olaplex for breaking/damaged hair??

Skip the chemicals & the heat implements. Spend the winter being kind to you hair. Invest in good products , Phyto, Kerastase by Well. Sleep in masks & air dry. By spring you'll be ready to rock a new look!

I had the Keratin treatment (or Brazilian Blowout) done and it was the best decision I have ever made. I have naturally very curly, frizzy, thick hair. My hair is strong and shiny after doing this treatment, and I have far less breakage. It also lightened up my hair a touch. Highly recommend it!

I also I’m dark brown haired naturally and been a blonde for few years!! My hairdresser has advised me to NEVER do keratin as long as I’m blonde!! Olaplex however is amazing he uses it every time we colour and also as masks when I get haircuts. In between what I use is organic coconut oil as a weekly mask (overnight) which is amazing!! Just by doing this my hair is in excellent condition.
Anonymous Insider

I'm a hairstylist.. would recommend to do the keratin tre...

I'm a hairstylist.. would recommend to do the keratin treatment. restores your hair follicles and helps with frizzness.

Re: I'm a hairstylist.. would recommend to do the keratin tre...

Are you familiar with the Organix (ORS) brazilian therapy keratin treatment?  

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos2
testing