Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

curly hair

i cant keep my hair curly overnight it just gets all frizzy and i used to have beautiful wavy curly hair and now it’s not as nice because i used alot of heat on it in grade 8. what products should i use to get it back and help it stay nice over night? and tips?

Re: curly hair

@hannahelliott7  I know exactly what you're going through.  I'm trying to get the top layer of my hair to curl again, after getting highlights and using a straightener and curling iron for a couple of months.  I don't know if it's possible to get the curl back on the hair that may already be permanently straightened (my hairdresser said that can happen,) but I do have a few products that I like to use to put moisture back into my hair, which encourages the curl.

Quite a few people here on BIC that have curly hair like to use the Grace Eleyae Adjustable Slap Satin-Lined Cap at night.  It is supposed to help hold your curls, prevent them from losing moisture on a cotton pillowcase, and keep your hair from tangling overnight.  Alternately, the Kitsch Satin Pillowcase Blush is also popular for the same reasons.

For washing your hair, shampoos with sulfate are bad for curls and can cause frizz.  A conditioning, or co-wash, is good for curly hair because it won't strip the hair and adds moisture.  I use these, which Sephora stopped carrying:  Drunk Elephant Laini Latherless Conditioning C-Cleanser, DevaCurl No-Poo Original.  These are available at the brands' direct sites and Ulta.

Today I used the co-wash, then my favorite hair mask as a conditioner- Kiehl's Since 1851 Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak 8.4 oz/ 250 mL .  After that, I used Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Aloe + Oat Milk Ultra Soothing Fragrance-Free Detangler 5.9 oz/ 174 mL .  I let my hair air-dry after that.

I did have most of my curls come back after this.  The key to curly hair is adding lots of moisture.

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing