Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

What's New Wednesday: Wrap Party

DrybarWNW-1.JPG

The Wrap Party Styling Wand

Want flawless beachy waves or beautiful bouncy curls that last all day? Well, it’s time to meet the next-generation styling wand – The Wrap Party from Drybar. This innovative and easy-to-use tool features a reverse-taper, no slip barrel that creates the perfect waves and curls while holding hair in place. Digital temperature control heats up to 450°F for super-efficient styling, a comfortable ergonomic handle allows for total control, and ionic technology seals the cuticle for less frizz and tons of shine! -Tracy J.

What's your go-to styling tool? Show & tell!

Tags:

Re: What's New Wednesday: Wrap Party

My go-to for curls is actually using a ceramic flat iron. I've used clip and clipless wands before, but they either:

1) don't do a good job curling

2) take too long (i.e., too many small sections required)

3) combo of 1+2

My hair is very coarse and thick and these wands just take far too much time. Probably 45 minutes minimum. With a flat iron it takes me 20 minutes or less and there's way less risk of burning myself.

I'm into the loose beachy waves look rather than the super ringlet look. Wands are good if I want ringlets but not good if I want waves as they're very hard to comb out. And if I don't leave the wand in long enough or use a temperature high enough, there's no curl at all.

I keep seeing this thread in my notifications and am thinking lettuce wraps and burritos!  😄IMG_2801.JPG

IMG_2802.JPG

RE: Re: What's New Wednesday: Wrap Party

I'm down for this wrap party @heartsmyface ! 😝

Agh! This wand is so tempting. I have the Dry Bar Hair Dryer and the 3 Day Bender but my favorite styling tool is a wand and I always wondered if they would release one. I'm curious if they are going to release it in a set at some point with extra goodies.  

This is a tool I don't need but I LOVE Dry Bar diffuser for their blowdryer.

I can dry my natural waves without any frizz using the DB diffuser.

Oh interesting!  The reverse taper looks very appealing as the styling wand I currently have, tapers the other way which makes it difficult to hold while styling my own hair.  I wonder if this is the answer to my styling problems. 

My hair is thick, long, coarse. I never was able to get the curls with any curlers or rollers and just used to straighten it with my Sedu Straightening iron (which btw is one of the best. I have it for almost 7-8 years and it is dual voltage). In the last few months I have learned the trick to give nice curls with the straightening iron from the middle of my hair and leave some strands straight and some strands curls at the ends. So it comes like messy beachy curves but looks so amazing. I can't believe I am actually able to do this after so many years. I love it. I think I am ready to experiment with the curling irons and wands again. 😉 I may have to experiment a few before I guess I like one and master it.

Hair Pro Tip: Hold your wand in the direction you want your curls to fall -- as in, don't hold the wand horizontally if you want your curls to fall vertically.  Even if your wand is off by a few degrees, it CAN affect the way the curls falls and, ultimately, look.  Subtle changes like this can really up your curl game!!

The majority of my hair tools are from T3. I use their blow dryer, single pass straightener, whirl trio styling wands, body waver and a couple of their curling irons. 

Recently I purchased the Revlon One Step hair dryer and volumizer and I have been taking just that tool on my last 2 vacations. It dries and styles all at the same time.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: What's New Wednesday: Wrap Party

I need@this...I have super frizzy hair it's curly until i try to use a pick to comb it out a little Ive been using the cold set on my dryer now with defuser it is working without comb out gives springy curls. Now my bangs are curly lol.. what's up with more curls as I age-😳😂I use a brush with ceramic base or a round brush.. .i have fine hair on top and corse hair a little on the under part of my hair lol I need help... I'm the short one other is my niece who is 5'11''😳

I've been wanting to try the Drybar's wand! This is making me want it more!

RE: What's New Wednesday: Wrap Party

I have thick af hair and have yet to find a curling iron that does the trick for me. My straightener is my holy grail for curls rn ❤️❤️

Re: RE: What's New Wednesday: Wrap Party

@emilymuaddict thanks! Ill definitely go check it out 🙂

Re: RE: What's New Wednesday: Wrap Party

@emilymuaddict teach me your ways!

RE: Re: RE: What's New Wednesday: Wrap Party

Omigod don't you worry it's hard at first but it gets rlly easy after a while! There's a beauty blogger 'Sarah Angius' on insta and a video she made a while back for straightener curls helped me out a whole bunch!

RE: What's New Wednesday: Wrap Party

I usually use a flat iron to straighten my hair or give it more waves. This looks like it would make my life a lot easier in the wave deportment. Would love to try it in person to see how it works with my hair.

I have been wanting a styler wand for a while since I can't figure out how to get waves from a flat iron lol. I air dry my hair and only occasionally use any heat. I feel adding just a curling wand for nice wavy ends after air drying won't damage my hair as much as other hot tools. 

This may or may not be on my holiday wish list 😉 Thanks for the thread @RachelBT ❤

Anytime @Anewxa!! I'm the same way, I have yet to master the flat iron waves 😄

Anewxa wrote:

I have been wanting a styler wand for a while since I can't figure out how to get waves from a flat iron lol. I air dry my hair and only occasionally use any heat. I feel adding just a curling wand for nice wavy ends after air drying won't damage my hair as much as other hot tools. 

This may or may not be on my holiday wish list 😉 Thanks for the thread @RachelBT ❤

18 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 43 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos5
  • DrybarWNW-1.JPG
  • IMG_2801.JPG
  • IMG_2802.JPG
testing