Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

THE HAIR THREAD

a thread to talk about your hair goals / experiments / fails / wins / products etc. consider this a RANDOM THOUGHTS: HAIR thread 🙂

when i joined BT years ago, i was at the beginning phases of growing out a shaved head, after a decade of cropped pixie cuts and avant garde styles as well as defying my natural texture. my hair is past my shoulders now, and am fully immersed in this world of hair care and styling that i had been absent from for so long. 

this thread can be about anything. thoughts, questions, anecdotes that you feel like sharing but for whatever reason don't want to start an independent thread about. cheers !

Re: THE HAIR THREAD

hahahahahahah!  I was just gonna tell TopazBeth.......you look a lot like @Sprytely!  Glad you see you around.  PM your addresss!  (bc, it has been forever and I just want to make sure it is the same).   

@Sprytely

You have never looked unkempt.  I can attest to that.

The purple looks more vivid than I even remember!

Oh! Also my eyebrow color feels off to me but I'm not really sure how to fix that, purple/pink brows are not the way I want to go...

Fun color!

Hmmmm... I would probably go for a cooler toned ash brown or for a light black brow since that shade is on the cool side.  

I always go warm 'cause my hair generally has always had a lot of red in it, definitely have to try cool toned... I think lighter might be the way to go? Experiments!

Cool thread @jemly! Hair is a new focus for me. About 8 months ago I did "The Big Chop". I cut off all of my hair so that I could have my natural curls. It was a scary experience because I didn't know what my natural curl pattern even looked like! I ended up loving it! It's growing and I can't wait to have all my hair back. This process has really had me spend way more time looking up hair care and focusing on making it healthy. Here is a pic of the day I cut it (at the salon and completely shocked) and the growth as of the beginning of April.

IMG_1082.jpg

@mrsbaine - I love your new natural hair!  You look awesome!

I love love love your natural hair, @mrsbaine. I don't recall when I first saw a post of yours with the new style, but I was, and continue to be, floored. You and your hair are so beautiful.

@mrsbaine

I had forgotten how short it was the day you got it cut.  I quite love your natural hair look - it is very sophisticated and chic.

Your hair has grown so much MrsB!  It looks wonderful!

Thanks @michelleshops! I'm liking my girls a lot more! My little trip to MoKnowsHair taught me A LOT!

Wow I had forgotten just how chopped it was! I like both on you!

Thanks @Sprytely! I do all the time too!!!! It still feels like it doesn't grow but then I look at pics and realize I'm crazy!

I'm still trying to figure my hair stuff out. I don't cut my hair often because my anxiety likes having control and avoiding change. So my hair has gotten pretty long and heavy, and I'm struggling to take care of it.

My favorite product right now is the Briogio Rosarco leave in milk spray. It makes my hair feel so soft. It has helped me cut back on conditioner - which was really weighing down my hair. 

My biggest struggle is volume and color. My hair is naturally bright silver now and doesn't hold my red hair dye like it used to. So as much as I hate change....I have a salon appointment for my birthday to dye it BROWN. If anyone has some good color protecting products please let me know!

For now, here's some of my hair inspo!

beautsoup

red

short

@ShannonAlexis - Bright silver?  I would embrace this color and work with it rather than hide it!  Put streaks of color in (I love the color in the top pic) or just enhance the silverness.  You may have to tweak the color a time or two before you get to the right shade(s), but you'll love it once you do!

@ShannonAlexis Bright silver?! Oh my, you must truly be a goddess. 😮

As far as volume, is the L'Occitane shampoo still working well for you? I had some complications with my oily scalp, but I'm back on it and I looooove my weightless fluffy clean hair.

@ShannonAlexis you're gonna look beautiful no matter what. red hair, brown hair, silver hair, bleach blonde, purple, whatever--you are enchanting. 

i used to be scared of change (to my hair) and then i chopped it all off and became a hair-change junkie ! chasing the high !

🤔 hmmm, idk bright silver is kind of having a moment.... 

The thought of Mermaid Princess ShannonAlexis with brown hair has me, as the kids say, shook.  Have you tried the Drybar Triple Sec for volume?  I've heard it works really well at the roots!

Beautsoup is all the goals.  

I haven't! I almost got the little one when it was a point perk...but I wasn't sure exactly what it was. I thought it was just a hairspray haha. I have tried a BUNCH of different volumizing mousses though and will make a post about them later tonight (when I can gather them for a photo). My favorite one is still the Big Sexy Hair mousse.

I'm really hoping the brown will look good! I'm having separation anxiety, but I think brown dye won't wash out as fast.

I've had both red and brown dye in my hair. My hair grows in pretty 'salt n pepper' and I've found that red dye was the dye that faded the quickest.  This includes faster than the blue highlights I have now.  I've been told there's something about the red dye particles that makes it fade so much quicker.  All that being said.... i LOVE the hair in that top photo with the silver/lavender shade and think it would look amazing you!  

2 Replies
testing