cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

SPLIT ENDS SOS

IMG_8779.jpeg

Hey all! I’ve recently been struggling with split ends and hay like hair. pls help i need products or strategies to help!!! 

Re: SPLIT ENDS SOS

@eeellieee  I have dry hair and have gotten good results from Oribe Shampoo for Brilliance & Shine 8.5 oz/ 250 mL and Oribe Conditioner for Brilliance & Shine 6.8 oz/ 200 mL .  Also  IGK Legendary Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL . I have not tried the matching conditioner for that one.  These won't help repair split ends, but they do help with dryness without weighing your hair down.

@eeellieee  Split ends can’t be fixed, unfortunately. The only solution is to cut them off before they travel farther up your hair strands. Any product you apply to “fix” split ends will only temporarily hide them, not actually repair them and stop them from traveling. 

Some folks claim K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL repairs split ends, but last I checked, K18 themselves don’t make that specific claim. Once you’ve had your split ends trimmed away, K18 (and probably Olaplex) can help prevent new splits from forming, if those products are used correctly. 

Ooh looks dry! 
For quick fix, try Living Proof No Frizz® Instant De-Frizzer. It kind of works like a “dry conditioner.” 
Probably swap your shampoo and conditioner to something more aimed at repair (going to again recommend LP, just because I have been a tester in their test salon and can speak to the quality). Maybe try Living Proof Restore Jumbo Set (not jumbo 😂 but it’s the set). If you air dry your hair, try JVN Complete Hydrating Air Dry Hair Styling Cream 5 oz/ 147 mL as a styler after washing, focusing on the ends of your hair. Maybe a leave in conditioner as well. 

what products are u using .let me know 

i use not your mothers grow shampoo and conditioner and quai leave in conditioner 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_8779.jpeg
testing