Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Olaplex ruined my hair!

I have used Olaplex 3 on and off for over a year. I used it to help with my hair’s texture… over the past year I have had a lot of hair loss.

I only recently put two and two together and realized that it was the Olaplex causing it!! I thought maybe it was hormones, thyroid, age… anything and everything… only once I had addressed all of the above did I realize it has been the Olaplex all along. 
This is a photo of my hair before it started falling out by the hand full…. I’ll post a photo in the comments of what my hair looked like 3 mos later (after using Olaplex 3 twice per week) it’s horrifying!! #olaplexruinedmyhair #hairloss #olaplex 

E4D09FE5-D64B-4BF3-B46D-A03E299F7C1A.png

Re: Olaplex ruined my hair!

I just responded to a similar post but please switch to redken!!! It is amazing and worth the price, get the bigger bottles if you do, it saves money, unfortunately sephora doesn’t carry it(hopefully one day!!) but ulta has it and it’s amazing, I also struggled with hair loss and it was a game changer 

Hi, same thing happening to me right now! Wondering if anyone here has any updates since it’s been about a year since the posts? Hoping for the best for all of us

20211111_095847_001.jpg

Has your hair gotten any better since discontinuing?

This just happened to me too. I'm so sorry.  I found this thread when I was searching to see if others have had this issue and to my horror it is not uncommon! I am so incredibly furious. Mine has been falling out for about 6 weeks now and I have 1inch chunks sticking up all over. Has yours stopped falling out? 

I used Olaplex shampoo/conditioner and after a month or so my hair started to fall out (I used the oil once or twice only).   So much kept coming out that it constantly clogged the showers.  I finally realized it was the Olaplex.  I stopped using the shampoo and conditioner.  My hair stopped falling out but it was too late.  My hair was so thin.  It also made the texture so soft/different that it would flip on one side only and not lay right anymore.  My hair was greasy after one day of washing which it never did this before Olaplex.  My hair was stringy and looked unkept. My hair looked so bad that people noticed and even said things to me about how bad it looked (trying to help because they have never seen it look this way).  It never got better.  The only shampoo/conditioner that helped some (a tiny bit) was called "Acure" for volume.  After about a year of this...I ended up deciding to cut my hair.  Long story short...I get a horrible hair dresser who accidentally cut my hair off (was long... supposed to be a bob cut...she cut it to a super short pixie cut...I mean SHORT like 1-2 inches long).  But I do feel like my hair feels thicker now ironically.  I will get vitamins and see what happens as it will take about a year to grow out again.  Hopefully the damage from Olaplex will be gone by then.

Hi there... Please read my story... I'm sorry this happened to you too.

71993A08-3019-4F9E-A7A1-811BD342C69B.jpeg

 three mos after the first pic I posted…

I am so sorry. This is happening to me right now. I think I am going to end up bald. I am so upset. The hair I have left is fried. I'm devastated.  I don't know what is going to happen. 

Same! It’s so depressing…

After my last treatment 

9B46D732-59A1-4E65-BA5F-95612EE89A7D.jpeg

Omg this is exactly what my hair has been looking like after my showers. I only started using Olaplex no.4 a few months ago, back in August 2021. My hair was damaged and I thought it would help. Recently I've noticed how thin my hair looks around the top of my head. It's so unlike my usual hair. I look at old pictures of myself and my hair was full. My bangs look wispy now and I can see my scalp. I only just thought it might be the Olaplex, it's the only thing in my routine and lifestyle that's changed. I threw out my bottle. 

received_636539694047818.jpeg

Mine has been doing the same, since i started using the full line. 

same thing happened to me! my hair has been falling out for 8 months and nothing works to stop it.

Oh my gosh

It hasn't stopped 😱 I'm absolutely terrified I'm going to end up bald

I have not used No. 3 but I have been using No.6 and 7 since March 2021. I was loosing handfuls of hair every wash just like you have pictured here. I thought I might be shedding dead hair since my hair has always been so thick. I realized a few weeks ago how significantly my hair has thinned - I am devastated. I purchased No.0 and 3 treatments but thankfully have not used them yet. And I don't plan to. I just hope I can regain my hair thickness and health. 

Hi there... Please read my story... I'm sorry this happened to you too

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 27 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos5
  • E4D09FE5-D64B-4BF3-B46D-A03E299F7C1A.png
  • 9B46D732-59A1-4E65-BA5F-95612EE89A7D.jpeg
  • 71993A08-3019-4F9E-A7A1-811BD342C69B.jpeg