cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

NATURAL Blonde hair tips for those with ZERO color treatments

HELP! Natural blonde advice! 

What products or processes (regular, preventative, supportive, corrective) are natural blondes using?

Does anyone know of any brands/product lines (the cleaner, the better) dedicated to preserving our natural hair color?

It seems like everything is designed for color treated hair — and because this IS chemistry, I feel like these products will be lacking what my hair truly requires. 

When commenting, try to share whatever you can about what your hair encounters (hard water, chlorinated water in showers vs pools, etc). 
And any other details about your natural blonde tone before the environment and/or age has made its mark on your head. 😁

Please don’t post if you’re not a natural blonde who has NOT colored their hair. 🙏🏼Licensed professionals are welcome to weigh in. 

CANOPY Filtered Showerhead for Healthy Skin & Hair 

T3 Showerhead Replacement Filter 

Olaplex No.4P Blonde Hair Hydrating & Brightening Purple Toning Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL 

Olaplex No.4P Blonde Hair Hydrating & Brightening Purple Toning Shampoo 250 mL/ 8.5 oz 

Moroccanoil Brilliant Blonde Anti-Brass Discovery Hair Set 

Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Purple Hair Oil for Blonde Hair 1.7 oz / 50 ml 

Re: NATURAL Blonde hair tips for those with ZERO color treatments

HI @mariacbigs . I am a natural blonde. I used to get my hair highlighted four times a year, but when COVID shut down salons in my area, I decided to let the highlights grow out and concentrate on hair health. After four years, my highlighted hair has completely grown out. I try to use only products without any pigmentation that might darken my hair.  I also use clarifying products, products designed for blonde hair (but I generally avoid purple products because they can make my hair dark if overused), and clarifying products that remove heavy metals.  Some products that keep my hair bright:

OUAI Detox Shampoo 10 oz/ 300 mL , Kérastase Mini Blond Absolu Strengthening Hair Oil for Very Damaged Blonde Hair 1.7 oz/ 50 mL , Kérastase Mini Blond Absolu Hydrating Illuminating Shampoo 2.71oz / 80 ml .  

I recently tried L'Oréal Professionnel Metal Detox Anti-Breakage Hair Mask 8.5 oz / 250 ml .  It seems promising, but I would like to try it with the corresponding shampoo.

I have never had a problem with chlorine, even when I was a kid and my hair was very very light. Hard water is my main focus.

Hi, thanks for sharing! I too, had super light blonde hair as a kid. My hair is still on this light end of the spectrum where people assume it’s dyed but it’s not a dramatic platinum color like little kids have. 

Have any one of these products stood out significantly for you? 

Can you describe the type of water you have at home and if you’ve ever considered a filtered shower head?

After moving 5 years ago to an area with hard water I’ve gradually noticed that my hair isn’t the same. I wouldn’t say it’s terrible but it’s the first time I’ve ever really had to think about improving my hair color and it’s starting to bother me.

I’m in a rental for the next month while having work done at my house and this property has noticeably hard/iron-rich water (mine is technically hard but not noticeable). So now I’m thinking this is really going to set off the brass that’s already been accumulating in my hair.
There’s a plethora of information for colored hair in regard to the order of operation and chemistry to gain a desired color or color correction, but resources are seemingly nonexistent for natural blondes… I’ve not had noticeable chlorine issues either, but I thought I’d mention it after thinking about how colored hair works and those complexities. I can only imagine that some of these overlapping factors may influence our hair as well. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@mariacbigs I have not tested my water, but I am guessing that it has a lot of iron because it stains the shower curtain liner. I really need to get a water softener.  I would say that of the products I listed, the Kérastase Mini Blond Absolu Hydrating Illuminating Shampoo 2.71oz / 80 ml has the biggest impact.  I just remembered Living Proof Clarifying Detox Shampoo 8 oz / 236 mL .  I tried a sample of that a while back, and it seemed promising.  The sample came with a water test strip.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing