Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

*GIVEAWAY CLOSED* Best Hair Ever Sweepstakes: Enter For a Chance to Win One of Fifteen $200 e-Gift Cards!

BestHairEver-Sweepstakes-050222.jpg

[[UPDATED 6/1/22]] This giveaway is now closed. Thanks to all who entered, and stay tuned for an announcement of our winners!

The Beauty Insider Community is full of great tips about taming your tresses (or letting your locks be free!) – and we’re hair for it. 💁‍ This month, we’re rewarding all your great advice by randomly giving away FIFTEEN $200 Sephora e-gift cards in our Best Hair Ever Sweepstakes! Share how you care for your hair (or scalp!) and you could win big.

Between May 2nd and May 31st at 11:59pm Pacific Time, comment on this thread by hitting “reply” and sharing a hair tip that changed your life! It could be a game-changing hair routine hack, a tool or styling product you swear by (don’t forget to tag the product using the “#” symbol!), or even a hair-care or scalp-care staple. Don’t forget to hit “post!” 🌟

By replying with your hair tip, you will be entered for a chance to win one of fifteen (15) $200 (USD) Sephora e-gift cards! You are eligible to enter once per day for more your chances to win – but you must submit a different tip each time! Out of all of the eligible entries, 15 lucky people will be randomly selected to each win a $200 (USD) Sephora e-gift card – no professional hair or product knowledge required. See official rules in the spoiler tab below.

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. US/CAN residents (excl. Quebec), age of majority (& at least 18). Skill testing question req’d for Canadian winners. Sponsor: Sephora, USA.

Spoiler

OFFICIAL RULES

Best Hair Ever Sweepstakes

No Purchase Necessary TO ENTER OR WIN.  

ELIGIBILITY: Open Only to SEPHORA COMMUNITY MEMBERS WHO ARE Legal Residents OF, AND RESIDING IN, THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) WHO ARE OF LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE (AND AT LEAST 18). Void in quebec and Where Prohibited. Employees (and their immediate families (spouse, and parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related) of Sephora USA, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants (and, if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or judges, which are binding and final on matters relating to this sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws.

SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes will begin on May 2, 2022 at the time the Sweepstakes Post is posted, and ends May 31, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PT (“Sweepstakes Period”).

HOW TO ENTER:  During the Sweepstakes Period, to enter, find the post in Sephora’s Beauty Insider Community forum about this sweepstakes and comment with your best hair tip. There is a limit of one (1) entry per day; however, each entry must include a hair tip that is substantially different from any other hair tip provided by you, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on May 31, 2022. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries in excess of the stated entry limit will be void. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple accounts in an attempt to circumvent the entry limitation. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent these Official Rules, your entry may be void. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor. All Community terms and guidelines apply.

Drawing:  Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing held on or about June 6, 2022 from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by direct message and may be required to execute and return an affidavit (or, declaration) of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within seven (7) days of date of issuance. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these rules or is no longer a Sephora Community member, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner will be selected. If a Canadian resident, the potential winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited, skill-testing question without any assistance in order to be eligible to receive a prize. Failure to answer the question correctly will result in the prize being forfeited. Only three (3) alternate winners will be selected after which the prize shall remain unawarded.

Prize And APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) (15): USD$200 in Sephora e-Gift Cards (terms and conditions apply to use). ARV: $200 each. Total ARV of all prizes USD$3,000. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All federal, state and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes), if any, and all other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer prize, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. Prize is not redeemable for cash. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person.

PUBLICITY GRANT: Except where legally prohibited, by acceptance of a prize, each winner grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, user name, address (city and state/province), photograph (including, but not limited to, profile photo), voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, in any manner, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice, review, approval or compensation.

General Conditions: Entrants, by participating, agree that Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in this sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or garbled entries, comments, email, direct messages, posts or other communications; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the sweepstakes or website or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserve the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.

Use of Data:  Sponsor will be collecting personal data about entrants in accordance with their privacy policies. Please review the Sponsor’s privacy policy at https://www.sephora.com/beauty/privacy-policy for U.S. residents and at https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/beauty/privacy-policy for residents of Canada.

Winners LIST: The names of the winners will be announced via a Community thread following winner verification.

Sponsor: Sephora USA, Inc., 525 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94105.

Re: Best Hair Ever Sweepstakes: Enter For a Chance to Win One of Fifteen $200 e-Gift Cards!

Oribe Run Through Detangling Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL Protect your hair from damage from tangles. 

Re: Best Hair Ever Sweepstakes: Enter For a Chance to Win One of Fifteen $200 e-Gift Cards!

I’ve always struggled with my curls up until recently

what really damaged my hair was dying it ombré last year. 

I currently use the Loma Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I’ve been using a few drops of  castor oil in my shampoo and that has helped my hairs softness come back. 

I use the Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme 3.3 oz/ 100 mL in my hair after I shower styled to my liking. It adds moisture and reduces my frizz for up to 72 hrs

I top it off with the Olaplex No. 7 Bonding OilI put that on my ends. It’s awesome because it also helps protect your hair from heat damage up to 425 C if you like to blow dry/straighten your curls or touch them up

My curly hair game has gotten on point during the lockdowns. I have had the possibility to experiment and so far, this is the combo that works:

1. washing hair no more than once a week
  2. shampoo scalp, conditionner on mids and ends
  3. use leave-in conditionner to untangle hair
  4. either finger comb or use wide comb
  5. apply light, runny kind of curl cream (actually this works well with my thin and curly hair)
  6. apply very runny hair gel
  7. scrunch
  8. air dry for a while and move the hair to add movement (see Mane by Mel on youtube)
  9. use diffuser : roots first, then rest
  10. scrunch the cast out. Apply little hair oil to end
  11. sleep with satin pillow cover, satin bonnet or satin scrunchie 
  12. humidify hair to refresh curls in the morning

The Ouai leave in conditioning spray is the first and only leave in conditioner or spray that I can use on my hair daily.  It smells wonderful is thick and nourishing which has helped my hair.  I always have a backup.  

The results speak for themselves. The BondiBoost hair growth system is legit and I love it. My hair grew more in one month than it usually does in 6. 

26790CB4-004E-4053-84A0-56EF2AF73BC9.jpeg

this is a product I received in a sephora luxe box and it works so well, if you’re looking for some added volume this is a great product to try

Christophe Robin Mini Volume Shampoo Paste with Rassoul Clay and Rose Extracts 2.5 oz/ 75 mL 

I use Brigeo scalp revival charcoal + coconut oil shampoo and mask weekly once to get rid of flakiness due to workouts. Briogeo Scalp Revival™ Soothing Solutions Value Set for Oily, Itchy + Dry Scalp 

Use high quality products if you want high quality results!

Don't sleep with wet hair. At least dry it until it is damp. Helps with breakage and no frizz in the am.

Using a silk or satin pillowcase dramatically cuts down on frizz and breakage while sleeping. Highly recommend! 

coconut oil!

I have to fight my frizz.  #Moroccanoil Hydrading Styling cream is the absolute best!

I always use a deep conditioning mask two days before I color my hair - helps cut WAY down on the damage!

I use a scrub on dry hair for those really flaky times and then wash, just so I can get it all in.  Much harder for me to work in when it's wet. Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo 32 oz/ 936 mL 

Religiously getting my hair cut/trimmed every 6-8 weeks. As well as, adding a deep conditioning treatment. 

Once a month I use dandruff shampoo to help keep my scalp from flaking.

Hair tip- (for long hair) Put all of your hair in a high pony. Grab 1/2 inch sections of the ponytail and curl!! It's the fastest hair curling method I've tried and works great. 

My hair tip is to use a 100% silk pillowcase my favorite is Slip Silk Pillowcase - King 

My curls love PATTERN by Tracee Ellis Ross Curl Gel  when I'm getting ready quickly in the morning--shower, dry, gel, go!

❤️BEST HAIR TIP❤️: Whenever I am going to straighten my hair I always use Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Heat Protectant Leave-In Conditioner first when it’s still damp, and then I apply heat and it is a game changer! Not only do my curls not get damaged from heat when I apply this product but it looks super silky! YOUR HAIR WILL THANK YOU! I love my curls but sometimes I like to switch up my style and go straight but it’s so annoying when you destroy your natural hair structure such as curls when applying heat but this product is such a heat protector! Once I’m done with a heated style and ready to go back to my norm my hair’s natural structure and curls come right back like heat never touched it at all because of this great product! 

testing