Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Fine dry thin hair, best moisturizing conditioner?

Hi, I have dry, fine, thinning, straight dark blond hair that is longer and knots(thanks mom).I need a really moisturizing conditioner. I don't care about volume at this point, just something that moisturizes it, bonus if it doesn't make my hair flat and lifeless. Any recommendations??? Thanks!

Re: Fine dry thin hair, best moisturizing conditioner?

I have exactly same hair, I ended up cutting it shoulder length because of the knots forming during sleep. My hair is also fine, thin, dry and dark blonde.  Eating high protein and multi vitamins helps hair grow better. As for the outside of hair: I'm currently using more natural based shampoo such as Avalon Organix  with Biotin from Sprouts or Whole Foods markets and if you want silicone free products Ulta sells Pura D'Or shampoo and conditioner with Biotin as well. They are natural based and don't have harmful chemicals.  For getting our thin hair stronger I like using Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask for protein treatment once a month, too much protein will cause breakage. Also use nutrition once a month using Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL to give hair vitamins from the outside. I bought a Hot Head to use with a shower cap to heat up and get more product into hair when its warm it absorbs better.  These mask do work on my hair.  I highly recommend the Briogeo brand including their oils and leave in conditioners such as Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Strengthening Treatment Hair Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL and Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Strength + Moisture Leave-In Spray Hair Mask 4 oz/ 118 mL . I have tried many products and so far these worked the best for me. Hopefully they help you too.

Thanks I'll try some of these, except cutting it short...too hard right now...but I probably will. I hate those night knots.

Hi, Larysa!  I have fine dry thinning hair that is color-assisted blond with some wave/curl.  Moisture without weight has always been the Holy Grail.  I really enjoyed Verb Ghost Weightless Shampoo and Conditioner, but nothing works for me long term, I don't know why.  I am currently madly in love with the JVN Nurture line and it is very different for my hair because it hydrates hair with squalane rather than loading it up with oils.  There is a repairing line with a conditioner I want to try next, as it has the squalane and adds ceramides to them, which sounds so good!!  There are also treatments and styling products in the JVN brand that might get you what you want.  Ideally, you live close to a Sephora and can sample, but the reviews are very informative if you zone in on ones for the same hair type.  Redken's AllSoft was always a good line for softness and detangling, but I haven't used it since they reformulated with palm oil.  They used to use avocado oil which makes hair super silky, but as avocados have taken off, brands substitute cheaper oils.

Good luck!

Thanks I had to look up JVN and didn't know he has a hair line! I love that guy! Totally trying his hydrating shampoo/conditioner for sure.

@Larysa1 I think you would benefit from a leave in conditioner to help with the tangling and to keep infusing moisture through the day. I’m currently using a drug store brand, but in the past I’ve used Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Strength + Moisture Leave-In Spray Hair Mask 4 oz/ 118 mL . Also, this might not be something you’ve considered, but what is the condition of your scalp? How often do you watch your hair and does it get oily quickly or easily? That can really impact the health of the length of your hair. If you can get away with only washing your hair every couple of days, the strands won’t be as prone to drying. Of course, that isn’t appropriate for everyone depending on lifestyle/natural condition of the scalp. But it can help. Using a gentle and light weight shampoo with tea tree is a great way to keep the scalp healthy without hurting the rest of the hair. 

Thanks for the recommendation! My scalp is ok but  I'll try the Briogio leave in. I used to use Alberto V05 hot oil treatments and they were great but cannot find them now.  

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing