Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Deva Curl

What did Sephora stop selling Deva Curl? I was about to replenish and the items I purchased are no longer available. 

Re: Deva Curl

@caradd78 what is deva curl what does it help with 

Devacurl was that it girl for products then there was a scandal where naturals claimed the products made their hair fall out, changed their curl patterns et al. I personally never had an issue (thank God), and to be honest I truly loved the products and they kept my hair moisturized. Sephora no longer carry them. 

@caradd78 how curly of hair you have mine is super curly to do you get frizz sometimes any items find best to help for that 

@caradd78  Did you use the deva curl product often. What do you use for extra volume or to help with frizz any faves? Do you wear hair up at times is bristle or paddle brush best for that

Devacurl super cream was one of my favourite products… it was moisturizing and was awesome for a twist out. But again, sephora doesn’t carry and though I love and miss them, some ppl don’t like them. So, do your research before checking supplier or venders who sell the line. I do wear my hair at times in a high puff and a paddle brush is best to work with and in sections, 

@caradd78 how high can you get your hair up? Can you get it super high? When do you find wear it up you ever do ponytail as well 

I can get it comfortably in the middle on the top. 

@caradd78 do you ever struggle getting it that high at times 

@caradd78 How do you get it that high? Do you flip upside or lean forward? Do you always do it super high? Do you do pony that high 

@caradd78 Can you get it right on the very top of head? Do you do it messy or sleek that high 

@caradd78 Devacurl had a big controversy a couple of years ago that I think really affected sales. It's possible that Sephora decided not to renew their contract with them because the sales just weren't there. You can still find them at Ulta.

Thank you… I posted another comment bc I didn’t see a response at first. It’s been a minute since I last checked.

Deva curl is not what it once was. I wonder if that is why they no longer carry it. I was never a huge fan of it. I swear by CurlSmith which Srphora does carry. I have very curly to coily curl pattern. I use Curlsmith Curl Quenching Conditoning Hair Wash Curlsmith Hydro Style Flexi Hair Jelly Curlsmith Bonding Hair Oil 2 oz / 60 mL & the Triple action conditioner that can be used as a rinse out, leave in, or mask. 

I do have some curlsmith products but I have to admit I love Devacurl and I’m said to see Sephoria no longer carries the line.

14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing