cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Curly Hair

Hi,

I have blonde curly hair. I was wondering what a good shampoo/conditioner would be. Or any additional hair products would be. 

I'd prefer nothing with coconut oil, as that just makes the outside of my hair feel greasy and waxy, but does not actually provide the moisturizing qualities needed. In addition, Argon oil tends to be more drying.

More on my hair: it gets knotty, and obviously can only be brushed when wet. I've tried most store brand conditioners, and most are too heavy and weigh down my curls. The only one that seemed to work was "Beach Blonde - detangling conditioner" by John Freida. However, like most hair products my hair "builds a tolerance" and that no longer works.

TLDR; Need hair product recommendations for curly hair.

RE: Curly Hair

Sheamoisture they are organic products, smell divine and work. I have curly hair too and my hair feel way better since I use their products 🙂

Re: Curly Hair

DevaCurl 

If your hair doesn't like protein you might need to use looser oils

MelSchn wrote:

Hi,

I have blonde curly hair. I was wondering what a good shampoo/conditioner would be. Or any additional hair products would be. 

I'd prefer nothing with coconut oil, as that just makes the outside of my hair feel greasy and waxy, but does not actually provide the moisturizing qualities needed. In addition, Argon oil tends to be more drying.

More on my hair: it gets knotty, and obviously can only be brushed when wet. I've tried most store brand conditioners, and most are too heavy and weigh down my curls. The only one that seemed to work was "Beach Blonde - detangling conditioner" by John Freida. However, like most hair products my hair "builds a tolerance" and that no longer works.

MelSchn wrote:

Hi,

Hello

Iles Formula hair care  is the one for you. The Discovery box is a great way to discover this brand at little expense only 28.50 dollars. It contains 4 lots of the  3 key signature formulas that INSTANTLY repair and deliver the most sumptuous lustrous hair.

Check out the reviews on all these products.

https://www.sephora.com/product/discovery-travel-kit-P406284?skuId=1793843&icid2=products%20grid:p40...

Iles Formula Discovery Pack + TravelIles Formula Discovery Pack + Travel

RE: Curly Hair

I love the Moroccan Oil brand in general. I've used it on my hair for years. The curl defining cream is my holy grail hair product!

@MelSchn The shampoo I use has coconut oil, so I'm not help there.  But I do have recs for conditioner.  I am using Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm right now and really liking it; it's one of the highest rated on makeupalley.com.  I also used Neutrogena's Triple Moisture (in the tub) and it was great.  I used Phytojoba for years and recommend that as well.  I also used DevaCurl's One Condition for years - god, I sound ancient - and liked it but I just felt I needed a little something more.

Good luck!

Hi: Shea Moisture is my holy grail. I find any of the styles amazing. Thant being said one of my favorites is the 10 in 1 Superfruit complex. You can also start with the original #1 which is the Coconut Hibiscus. Shea Moisture is my HOLY GRAIL. I have natural ginger 3a/b fine

MelSchn wrote:

Hi,

hair. Hope that helps.

Just saw the coconut bit. lol try the other styles of Shea moisture. The conditioners are great for detangling (Raw Shea, or Manuka honey etc... )use a large palm full and spread thoroughly and then detangle with a wide tooth comb or I love a tangle teaser. My other fav for detangling is Kinky Curly Knot today, it is a leave in , but I use it as a rinse out I mix with my SM conditioner coat my hair in the shower and tangle tease my knots out. My hair is fine so I knot up easily and these work AMAZINGLY at getting my knots out. super easy slip, and very little shed hair since I switched from standard drug store products full of sulfates etc.. to SM. Has changed my hair 100%.

Hi: Shea Moisture is my holy grail. I find any of the styles amazing. Thant being said one of my favorites is the 10 in 1 Superfruit complex. You can also start with the original #1 which is the Coconut Hibiscus. Shea Moisture is my HOLY GRAIL. I have natural ginger 3a/b hair. Hope that helps.

Hi MelSchn, 

We just had a visit from Vernon Francois and I think you'd LOVE his Curl and Re-Vamp lines!

A great addition to your routine would be one of this Moisture Sprays. They're super lightweight but so effective, and can be used on wet or dry hair 🙂

Bisous, 

Sian

I have long curly hair as well, what I find works for me:

- devacurl (anything)

-pureology hydrating shampoo/conditioner

- bumble and bumble curl line

-Alterna caviar moisture shampoo/conditioner

Deva Curl....... Its not just for african american hair.  So many products are but a lot of newbies are for all curly hair.  innersense is also an awesome line.

I have curly hair as well and have found DevaCurl products to work best for me. Looking at how curly your hair is in your picture, I would suggest using the No or Low-Poo at least along with the One Condition, but if you feel your hair gets weighed down too easily, then go with the Low Poo and One Condition Delight which is for wavy hair.

Depending on how well-defined you want your curls, you can try the defining gel (won't make your hair super crunchy) or for softer curls, Wave Maker.

This is a link to a kit containing the first set of products I mentioned if you want to try them out:

http://www.sephora.com/the-kit-for-all-curl-kind-P397355?skuId=1698117&icid2=products%20grid:p397355...

This is for the wavy set:

http://www.sephora.com/wavy-mini-transformation-kit-P417840?skuId=1926385&icid2=products%20grid:p417...

There is a lot of room for mixing and matching and cocktailing with these products. It's really helpful to visit the DevaCurl website as well to get a better idea of what products do what. There is a little bit of a learning curve with these, but out of all the curly-haired products I've tried, I get the best results with DevaCurl. Happy hunting!

@MelSchn You might want to look into DevaCurl - it's a popular choice for curly hair. 

They have a few different sets you can pick up that are relatively inexpensive to let you try out the products for a little while. It's a line designed with curly hair in mind.

http://www.sephora.com/bombshell-waves-P417005?skuId=1895614&icid2=products%20grid:p417005

http://www.sephora.com/super-curly-moisture-oasis-P417006?skuId=1895622&icid2=products%20grid:p41700...

http://www.sephora.com/curly-mini-transformation-kit-P417839?skuId=1926393&icid2=products%20grid:p41...

http://www.sephora.com/wavy-mini-transformation-kit-P417840?skuId=1926385&icid2=products%20grid:p417...

(Full disclosure: DevaCurl wasn't great for my hair, personally. My hair tends is closer to wavy than curly when longer, and I find just focusing on lots of moisture and hydration works well for me). 

I've heard a lot of good things about DevaCurl, so I think that's a good choice.  I saw they have a mini pack of the products, so I'm going to try that before fully committing. 

Thanks!

We must have been typing at the same time @lachaton! 😉

@jozkid great minds think alike 🙂 

I have the same hair.  I recommend going 'light' for the bounciest freshest hair.

For this I like Dry Bar products.  I think because her line is meant for 'blow-outs'  they don't weigh your hair down. DB products work without making your hair feel gunky. 

The Blond shampoo/conditioner detangle curly hair very well. The Prep Rally Detangler is awesome.  I use the mousse and the hair cremes.

When I want to 'deep condition' I use the Mudslide.

For unruly ends try the silicone Oil she has.  Forgot the name.   It is also very light texture.

I use a lot of products from other brands as well and most work but Dry Bar is a good start. Lots of treasures in her line.  @MelSchn

Also, the Mason Pearson combs are awesome.  They make all the difference. 

http://www.sephora.com/drybar?node=1050092

Thanks i will look into those products!

Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos1
  • Iles Formula Discovery Pack + Travel
testing