Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Best shampoo for buildup for thin/fine Hair?

Hey guys, so i use Alot of dry shampoo, and wash my hair mostly twice a week these days.

I have thin hair and i would like to hear your suggestions for a good shampoo that does a great job at removing buildup, that Also wont be heavy as i have fine hair.

Thank you very much!! 

Re: Best shampoo for buildup for thin/fine Hair?

@Emy10 - I have fine, thin hair and love Christophe Robin Volume Shampoo Paste with Rassoul Clay and Rose Extracts 8.4 oz/ 250 mL .  It's expensive, so I only buy it during Sephora's sales.  I use it once every one or two weeks.  It does a great job cleaning my hair and scalp--it feels so fresh and soft afterwards. 🥰

@Titian06 I tried a few Christophe Robin products before and as they seem good, they ended up being too much for my hair.

Its sad because they smell good.

Aww, thats too bad, @Emy10 !  Another product is dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse .  It's not a shampoo as such, but it's used to remove product buildup.  I use it in place of shampoo because it does a great job.  I find that I don't need a conditioner, but that would depend on your hair.  I only need to use it every other week or so.  There's also a lite version which I haven't tried.  dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse Lite.

@Titian06  i might finally check this one, ive been looking at other things while eying this for a long time now 😅😅😅

I have fine hair too and I really like Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt. This really helps get your scalp clean (and hair!) but I wouldn't recommend using it more than once a week.

@Emy10 Have you tried the OUAI Detox Shampoo or the amika Reset Clarifying Gel Shampoo 6.7 oz/ 200 mL?

Ahhh yess!! @CookieGirl1 !!! The Ouai Detox shampoo is on my list, but im still unsure about it because i tried the shampoo for fine hair and strangely it weighted my hair down.

Maybe its an ingredient that doesnt work with my Ph or scalp something like that.

@Emy10 I actually didn't like the OUAI Fine Hair Shampoo either!  I feel like this doesn't weigh my hair down but it will--as many detox shampoos--dry it out a bit.

@CookieGirl1 i know right, thats why they suggest to do a mask after, but like i just removed buildup, i dont want to put a mask on right after lol, i want to let me hair breathe... lol not breathe but you know. 

Another product from Ouai that i like is the leave-in detangler, but we got to be carefull and i cant use it everyday because it weigh down the hair after a few days in a row. 

It seems like i have no choice for now to use the leave-in detangler after the claryfying shampoo.

Also, a salon where i live do hair detox treatment, i might try it some time if the price isnt like too much lol

Use the Malibu clarifying shampoo 1-2 times a month it’s great!! 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing