Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Best shampoo and conditioner system for extreamly dry and breakable hair?

I have damaged my hair to the point that I can't even wear it down. It is coarse, dry and brittle. I want it soft, and manageable again. I need a really good shampoo and an awesome conditioner and mask. Also a leave in spray would be great alao that would leave my hair super soft. I want to be able to wear my hair down, not look stiff and actually run my fingers through my hair and for it to not stiff out. Please, I need help. Cutting my hair is out of the question at the moment so I just want my hair to be manageable again. Thanks fellow sephorians! 

Re: Best shampoo and conditioner system for extreamly dry and breakable hair?

So I had the same problem! It’s taken me a lot of trial and error with brands. Personally I’ve only found the brand Davines to be extremely amazing with my hair. 
look at their products and determine which is best for your hair it tells you exactly which each one treats! 🙂 

I highly recommend their NaturalTech Renewing conditioning treatment! (It’s a mask for in between shampoo and conditioner)
Use a shampoo of your choice from that brand and then I personally like the Love. OI, or NouNou conditioner. But read on each to pick what is best for your hair! They all are different 🙂 

Another tip: I always use leave in conditioners. I personally enjoy OI all in one milk by Davines, One United: multi benefit treatment spray by Redken, and olaplex no7 bonding oil 🙂 

I suggest the "Its a 10" leave-in spray products. 

They are really good.

@personathalie 

Do you have chemically treated hair? There’s a few things going on to address. 

When hair is breaking it is usually (not always) because chemicals have destroyed the cystic acid in the hair thus leaving it vulnerable to breakage. 
Here’s what I would use: Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo Mini 3.3 oz/ 100 mL 

Redken Extreme Bleach Recovery Lamellar followed by Redken All Soft Heavy Cream Treatment. I believe you can get the Redken at Ulta. For a leave in use Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme 3.3 oz/ 100 mL . 

@GG84 While you're mentioning Olaplex, I was looking into the Olaplex No. 8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL .  I posted in the Q&A section asking if it had the same bond building capabilities as the No. 3.  A Sephora Employee and another BICer sd that it doesn't.  I'm curious to hear *your* thoughts, though!  🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 

I’ll DM you about that. 

@GG84  I am interested in knowing this as well please. 

@personathalie I've been using Redken All Sot Heavy Cream Super Treatment as rec'd on BIC, and am really seeing great results.  I also rec using It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Treatment.

I agree with @Mcakes about using a hair oil.  I've gone back to my old fave buy Matrix which has been discontinued for quite a while.  I'm sorry I don't have any recs on that front....wait, you might IGK Crybaby Anti-Frizz Smoothing Serum .  I found it to have very good results, but the scent was a deal-breaker.

Best of luck!  🙂

@personathalie I have long hair and my ends definitely get dry, I found that using a deep conditioner every time I wash my hair and using a hair oil (just on the ends) on off days helps keep them moisturized. Here are some of my favorite products:

Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask Kit (just the mask, not sure why it isn't tagging sorry!)

OUAI Hair Oil 1.5 oz/ 45 mL 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing