Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|
Anonymous Insider

Air dry products that reduce frizz and make hair low maintenance?

I have very long light brown hair that's naturally wavy and very frizzy. I never damaged it with heat or dyes, but I think it's frizzy because my hair is thin and the strands break when I brush, creating split ends and random short hairs. I honestly always have tangles and knots no matter what.  I'm looking for a product that I can use after showering that will reduce the frizz and enhance the waves/curls as my hair dries naturally (but curl definition is optional, I'm mostly interested in frizz reduction). I've worn my hair scrunched for the last 7 years (it turns my hair completely curly and voluminous), but I'm open to other styles. For those 7 years, I used Garnier Curl Construct Mousse everyday and I loved it. However, I think they changed the formula because now it leaves white residue on my hair which makes it unusable. I'm just looking for a product that I can slather on and then stop worrying about my hair for a couple of days (all I have to do in the morning is reapply the product). I don't mind crunchiness, but I do mind stickiness, residue, and loss of volume. Do you have any suggestions for me? 

RE: Air dry products that reduce frizz and make hair low maintenance?

Verb Ghost Oil doesn’t weigh hair down at all and makes it incredibly soft. Also helps with frizz.

Re: Air dry products that reduce frizz and make hair low maintenance?

I've used the Bumble and bumble Don't Blow It.  It works okay.  I'm definitely going to try the Verb Ghost line!  Sounds awesome!

Anonymous Insider

I’m loving the Iles Formula finishing Serum. It’s really helped control frizz for me. I was getting so frustrated with my frizz and finally found something that works.
Anonymous Insider

I'm so happy with all of the replies I received for this topic! I definitely need to try Living Proof In Shower Styler, Verb products, and Deva Curl Products. I also want to systematically test all of the other products. Thanks guys!

Oh. Living Proof In shower styler is exactly what you’re looking for. After conditioning, I put a quarter size amount in my palm and run it through my hair. I let it sit for a minute and very, very lightly rinse it out. After my shower, I come through my hair, scrunch with a towel and let air dry. It enhances my natural waves and makes it look perfectly beachy, tousled and absolutely no frizz.

@Anonymous This is what I rec for general anti-frizz routines:

Spoiler
Shampoo: Use a moisturizing shampoo. Many BICers use sulfate-free. I haven't had success with those, so I use John Frieda Beyond Smooth with Pure Coconut Oil

Conditioner: I am in love with Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm. Other good ones are DevaCurl One Condition (popular with BICers), Phytojoba and Neutrogena Triple Moisture (the one in the tub - very affordable).

Serums: Silicone serums are very important in fighting frizz, in my opinion. My favorite is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. I also use it with Phytodefrisant to give my hair more slip when blow drying with a brush. I recently starting using It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product and have been impressed so far.  It's important to just squeeze water out of your hair, then apply the serum - do not towel dry unless it is a microfiber towel.

If you flat iron, I really suggest a flat iron spray. It really helps keep away the frizz. I am currently obsessed with Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press.

Hair oils: Hair oils can do a lot to make your hair more manageable, and less prone to frizz. My fave is Matrix Oil Wonders. Other good ones are Alterna Kendi Oil and Josie Maran Argan Oil. You can use them as a treatment, in with conditioner, as a styling aid, or on dry hair (I use it this way to help with frizz).

Anti-frizz spray: I recently discovered Living Proof Humidity Shield and it really helps! I use it every morning!

Hair masks: Also good for maintaining hair health - or at least the appearance of it! My favorites have been discontinued, so I don't have any recs for you.

Dry shampoo: I highly rec this, as it will allow you to wash/dry your hair less, which means less damage. I like Klorane and Alterna.

Best of luck!!!
Anonymous Insider

Wow, what a great reply. I love Biolage products and will definitely buy some when I come by some cash. The Paul Mitchell serum sounds awesome. I'm definitely going out to buy the Neutrogena Triple Moisture soon. I have tried Kendi oil. It's great, but a bit strong scent-wise. Thanks so much for you reply. I've done some investigating on my own and I've had good luck with HASK Argan Oil vials. They're super cheap too. 

@Anonymous The number one product I would recommend is the Briogeo Rosarco Milk leave in conditioning milk. It smells beautiful and comes in a small travel size that you can try before committing. It has dramatically improved the softness of my hair. 

https://www.sephora.com/product/rosarco-milk-reparative-leave-in-conditioning-spray-P396733 

I also like to use a little bit of the R + Co High Dive Moisture + Shine Cream. I put this on my ends immediately after getting out of the shower, and spray the Rosarco hair milk everywhere. My only hesitation in recommending the moisture cream to you is that I've only ever used it when blow drying my hair - so I'm not sure how what it would be like air dried.

Anonymous Insider

Hi, thanks for your reply!

I think I've tried a sample of Rosarco, but I don't remember how I felt about it. I remember that I ran out of the sample before I finished spraying all of my hair. I need to try it again. I've never heard of R + Co High Dive Moisture + Shine Cream. I'll keep an eye out for it definitely. 

So, I have very long, thick, frizz-prone wavy hair that I very rarely use heat on. I've tried a TON of leave-in products and my favorite by far is Davines OI All In One Milk

It does have a bit of an herbal scent (which I love), but if you aren't a fan of that I know that @ShannonAlexis has some yummy scented choices! 

Anonymous Insider

This looks awesome too! I'm so happy I'm getting so many great suggestions.

I suggest a Ghost oil by verb. I have long hair that tends to get frizzy and this helps to keep it soft and maintained through the day. I also notice my hair gets way less tangled when I use this product. Hope this helps!

We would love for you to try Verb's Ghost Oil! It can be applied on wet or dry hair, and completely restores hair from roots to ends. Let us know what you think!

My hair sounds similar to yours: wavy, thinning/prone to breakage (hence lots of fuzzies). I'm also strictly silicone-free with my hair products, which is an additional challenge. I received a sample of Briogeo's Curl Charisma Leave-In Defining Creme, and I'm obsessed with it. It minimizes the fuzz, provides definition and volume while still being soft and touchable, and re-activates easily to give me good second- (and sometimes third-)day hair. It might be worth a shot! 

Anonymous Insider

Ooh, that sounds awesome

Definitely try samples of Verb's Ghost Shampoo & Conditio...

Definitely try samples of Verb's Ghost Shampoo & Conditioner and/or Living Proof's In-Shower Styler! I live for air drying my wavy, color-treated hair, but I have a ton of frizz underneath, so it can get tricky. After trying every drugstore product for air drying and/or waves, I found Living Proof's In-Shower Styler. Now I panic a little when I'm running low. 🙂 I also recently tried 2 different sample sets of Verb shampoo & conditioners (Ghost & Sea) which were both so good that I didn't have to use product or even scrunch my hair to get the waves I want. The best part was how soft they all leave my hair since I haven't had soft hair in years. I ended up ordering the full sizes for Ghost, but I'm passing on buying their Salt line because it seems to make scalps itchy over time. Makes sense. Good luck & pass along any products that work for you! ETA- I also swear by both types of Aquis hair towels, which I've been using for 10+ years.

Curly, wavy and frizzy hair is thirsty, it needs hydration.  So first and foremost you want to be using haircare products that provide hydration.  This alone could potentially be enough to control some of that frizz you are feeling.  Because when the hair becomes dehydrated, then frizz can start to occur.  If that alone didn't correct the problem, then you would need to be using a styling product that eliminates frizz.  I love our Iles Formula Finishing Serum for this because it can be used wet or dry and eliminates the frizz.  Your waves or curls will come to life before your eyes.  

My recommendation would be our Iles Formula Haute Performance Set.  It comes with our shampoo, conditioner and finishing serum, and the conditioning distribution comb.  You can check out our reviews here on Sephora, and I will add a link to the set here so you can check it out.

https://www.sephora.com/product/haute-performance-set-P406285?skuId=1793884&icid2=products%20grid:p4...

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 6.53.59 AM.png

What works for my hair which is wavy/curly is leave in conditioner, coconut oil (also enhances curl) and Deva Curl Super Cream. I do this right out of the shower so my hair is still soaking wet, then scrunch and put it up in an old tshirt for at least 10 minutes. Then my hair dries mostly frizz free and super curly. 

Also, I wash with Deva Curl No Poo and condition with a silicone free conditioner. I found that sulfates were drying my hair, and if you take out sulfates you need to take out most silicones as well.

I also have frizzy, wavy hair that I am too lazy to heat style. My personal favorites for air drying nice waves are DevaCurl Set it Free spray and Bumble and Bumble Don't Blow it. I use one or the other on my hair and they provide enough moisture to tame the frizz without being too heavy or greasy for my hair.
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 6.53.59 AM.png
testing