Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|
Anonymous Insider

Air dry products that reduce frizz and make hair low maintenance?

I have very long light brown hair that's naturally wavy and very frizzy. I never damaged it with heat or dyes, but I think it's frizzy because my hair is thin and the strands break when I brush, creating split ends and random short hairs. I honestly always have tangles and knots no matter what.  I'm looking for a product that I can use after showering that will reduce the frizz and enhance the waves/curls as my hair dries naturally (but curl definition is optional, I'm mostly interested in frizz reduction). I've worn my hair scrunched for the last 7 years (it turns my hair completely curly and voluminous), but I'm open to other styles. For those 7 years, I used Garnier Curl Construct Mousse everyday and I loved it. However, I think they changed the formula because now it leaves white residue on my hair which makes it unusable. I'm just looking for a product that I can slather on and then stop worrying about my hair for a couple of days (all I have to do in the morning is reapply the product). I don't mind crunchiness, but I do mind stickiness, residue, and loss of volume. Do you have any suggestions for me? 

Re: Air dry products that reduce frizz and make hair low maintenance?

The Living Proof In-Shower Styler is my latest obsession. Definitely pick up the travel-size and give it a go. I don't really like the scent, which is usually a deal-breaker, but it makes my fine, wavy hair so pretty. The MOST compliments.

I have long, fine hair that has some wave to it. 

I like to use the DevaCurl Waver Maker Texture Whip (https://www.sephora.com/product/wave-maker-touchable-texture-whip-P411357?skuId=1844323) 

Followed up by the IGK Rich Kid along the bottom half to two-third of my hair because I find it controls the frizz and smooths things out a bit, where as the DevaCurl enhances the wave (https://www.sephora.com/product/rich-kid-coconut-oil-gel-P410477?country_switch=ca) 

Hair products are one of the things I've had excellent luck sampling in store. I can usually tell from one or two uses if it's a hit or a total miss for my hair, so I generally try before I buy on all hair products. 

RE: Air dry products that reduce frizz and make hair low maintenance?

My favorite is Davroe Ends Repair...my hair is also thin and curly and this defines my curls and reduces frizz without adding too much weight. I’d also invest in a wet brush...my hair has gotten significantly less frizzy, tangled, and damaged since starting to use mine!

RE: Air dry products that reduce frizz and make hair low maintenance?

Bumble and bumble and living proof both make product but for air drying hair. Bumble and bumble don’t blow it and living proof in shower styler. Both are applied wet and made for heat free styling. Taming frizz and enhancing natural texture.

hi! I have really frizzy wavy curly hair too! I love using Moroccan oil curl defining cream along with their hair oil. It works wonder and is totally worth the price

Love the Morrocan oil curl defining creme but don't recommend for coloured hair. I found it made my hair colour fade to a brassy colour from blonde.

celia1502 wrote:

hi! I have really frizzy wavy curly hair too! I love using Moroccan oil curl defining cream along with their hair oil. It works wonder and is totally worth the price

Love the Morrocan oil curl defining creme but don't recommend for coloured hair. I found it made my hair colour fade to a brassy colour from blonde.

celia1502 wrote:

Anonymous Insider

I've always wanted to try Moroccanoil products but wasn't sure if they would be worth the price. Now I'll give them a try for sure. 

I have a similar hair texture. Pureology Hydrate Air Dry Cream (applied to towel dried hair) is fantastic

Anonymous Insider

Ooh, I heard the Allure box had that one month. I really want to try it

30 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 6.53.59 AM.png
testing