cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Workout Accountability/check-ins

Hi All,

Hoping people would be interested in this. 

I want to work out regularly and have a group of people who can keep each other accountable, just do daily check IN’s. I keep falling off the routine and then get into inertia and then it takes few weeks to couple of months to start back up. I am still not fully recovered after last years health issues and excercising is imperative to my health and everyone’s health. 

Please let me know your ideas !! We can structure it how everyone wants it.

I was thinking a check in and any tips people have, every day. This is the social group I interact most with and love the company of you kind and fun ladies. 

Also let me know if we need to move this thread in any other group.

Some tips I learned for athletic/ athleisure clothes I used buying new workout clothes as my motivation incentive for being consistent for 1 months rather than any food incentive. Used points to convert to gift cards and then bought 2 sets during sales. Before this I just had 1 legging and 2 Costco shirt. I didn't want to spend any money till I convinced myself that I would consistently use the clothes. Now I do so did some shopping 🙂

Leggings (criteria not rolling down on tummy fat, not needed to be pulled up a lot during the workout) - 

• Old Navy compression leggings - Very highly recommended and affordable
  • Athleta Contender Leggings - Mid range, they have sales (semi-annual and general)
  • Zella Live-in leggings from Nordstorms (people stock-up during anniversary sales)
  • Sweaty Betty Power Leggings
  • LuluLemon Fast & Free - High price but people love these
  • Reebok Cotton 7/8 - I love these for yoga. These are my most "roll-down-proof-during-downward-dog" on my tummy since I gained mass in mis-section after surgeries. 
  • Nike Dry Fit etc. from big box sporting goods store (name starts with D)

Shirts -

• I like short sleeve so most of mine are from Costco (Tuff brand or Kirkland)
  • Tanks from Athleta. They have most of their styles in all sleeve length (from Tanks, short sleeves as well as long sleeve shirts)
  • Tanks from Old Navy
  • Calia by Carrie Underwood - I have been eyeing some but waiting for them to go on sale
  • Nike Dry-Fit
  • Under Arrmer compression shirts

How to take care of your workout clothes - I learnt about these recently. I always bought workout clothes from clearance racks in the past so used to just wash with regular clothes in normal cycle. That can cause them to fade soon. If investing in pricier/ better clothes, better take care of these 🙂

• Wash in cold/ delicate/ "activewear mode" if your machine has one
  • If not washing immediately, let them air out if wet and not put it in hampers
  • Line dry or tumble dry WITHOUT heat
  • If too sweaty/ too stinky soak in a bucket full of water with 1/2 cup white vinegar overnight and then dump in the wash

*****Goals ***** <<still updating>>

@naturalooks15  Excercise 4 x week. still get to 7000 steps on off days. PT specific exercises 4 x week

@Brutalitops 

-Exercise at least once a day, no matter how little

-Go to an (easy) yoga class once a week until I can do it without muscle soreness the following day

@RNGesusPls 

Weekly goals: 

Run 30+ min on at least 1 weekday, 6 miles on a weekend

@scott1201 

• Exercise class 6x a week
  • At least two long walks around the neighborhood 
  • Try out all the trials from local studios (1st class free! One week for $10, etc) before committing to a new studio contract
  • Make myself talk to a person at each class

@MissPuff 

Goal: 6-7 miles a week, split into 2 or 3 evening runs

Proof: Selfie or run stats screenshot

@gonerogue 

personal training/weight lifting 2x a week

add in a 3rd day of boot camp (class) and

a 4th day of just cardio (running)

@jen143xo 

Exercise 5-6 days a week (Lifting and cardio)

add more HITT cardio in approx 2x-3x a week

Hit my macro numbers everyday

Drink more water

Re: Workout Accountability/check-ins

@naturalooks15  I have a hard time tracking that kind of thing because I never remember to constantly wear my tracker!

Need to check-in more often here.

How is everyone doing ?? 

Weekly check-in 7/21 :

Exercise goal and move goal completed 4 days. Forgot to wear the tracker on Fri so not sure but I don’t think I moved much anyways.

Barely keeping my head above water on other things but this is one routine that is giving me strength and helps me be calm. I am grateful for it.

FDBD69E4-272F-44E7-8CFC-51391F1902D9.jpeg

Weekly check-in:

I was unfortunately quite sick this week, so Monday was a bustfor me and I didn't get to the gym this week. However, I walked over 50km at work this week in addition to other walks and swimming for exercise and I made another regular-intensity yoga class on Saturday. I think I will make a regular intensity class my new goal with possibly a slow-flow class as an addition, but I'm going to see what my other options in the area are first before I commit to a twice weekly/membership level attendance.

Calorie logging was also a fail this week, but I logged my calories for today and I've been trying to keep track of my protein and vegetable intake as both have historically been lacking in my diet. I've been eating much less since I spend my workdays walking around a (very) hot, humid production floor so prioritization with my food choices has been extra important

Weekly check-in: Move goal achieved 6 days, exercise goal achieved 4 days. 8CBE3B33-F2A5-4DAC-86E7-C7F3B9292EA5.jpeg

Sat 7/13 - Yoga 1.5 hr

Sun 7/14 - Orange Theory 1 hr

@naturalooks15 Way to go!

Checking in for the week!

I'm on a business trip in CDMX so i haven't been doing traditional workouts. But, i have been walking more than 10k steps each day, which is surprisingly a great workout. Also, i like to think the altitude gets my heart rate up, haha

👍🏻 @scott1201 

Check-in Wed 7/10: 1 hr Orange Theory

I love this thread! I train about 5 times a week (If I can get there due to babysitting work husband schedule etc)

This week schedule has been:

Sunday Legs (no cardio)

Monday Shoulders (20 mins stairmaster)

Tuesday Back (30 mins treadmill)

Wednesday off

Today I plan on going if my husband doesnt have overtime, if he does ill just do cardio at home.  I love seeing everyone's work outs, I am going to look through and see what you guys are doing 😄 TY @naturalooks15  for creating this thread! Working out and nutrition is such a big part of my life

Great going @jen143xo 

Check-in Tue 7/09 : 1.5 hr Yoga

Check-In!

The running has been meh, it's been crazy humid and hot in the northeast, so I've been using that as an excuse to be lazy 🙂 Only run last week was a 2.5 miler to pick up burritos for dinner 😛

Non-running based exercise has been good though! Got in a solid hour of lifting on Tuesday before leaving town for the holiday. Went to a Swerve spin class with my BIL on Saturday (complete torture), then a Brick B|X class with my sister (even worse!) Sunday morning. It's amazing how your body adapts for the exercises you do most frequently and all that gets thrown for a loop when you do something else! The intensity of spin and the brick class...bananas! 

@MissPuff I’m afraid to look up those classes because honestly they both sound horrific😄 good for you though it’s always better when it’s over and you can feel proud of yourself, ha!

@MissPuff  I agree running for burritos is AMAZING!  I will run for burritos everyday LOL Your work outs sound amazing!! I love spin and lifting!

@MissPuff Excercising for burritos is still progress! Way to go on the classes, it's somehow always easier to get the motivation to go when you have a buddy 

@Brutalitops  I totally agree! The buddy system for classes is the only way I'll get to a class, something about suffering in company 🙂 I always push myself more with a friend than alone!

@MissPuff I really just need someone to get me to go, once I'm there it's fine. I think I'll take a page out of @scott1201 book and make it a goal to talk to someone at class. I don't have a regular schedule there yet but there are always 1-2 faces I recognize each time I go

That’s such a great goal @Brutalitops. I’m a natural introvert but love people, @scott1201’s idea is one I want to copy, too.

Sounds like you had some great workouts @MissPuff  

I've still being going to yoga and enjoying it. I don't think i'll get a monthly unlimited to this studio in the future but will definitely pop in sometimes for a relaxing class. I've found a couple of instructors i really like so that makes those classes even more enjoyable.

On Saturday i tried out a class called Shred 415. It's literally the same workout as Barry's Bootcamp - half the class on the treadmill and half on the floor with equipment. I really liked it! Afterwards i found a groupon for 4 classes that ended up being around $8/class with a coupon. I'm going to try it out a couple more times (hence the Groupon) and decide if it's a good studio and workout for me for a membership.

Other than that, i've been doing pretty well talking to people before class. I have a built in topic since i just moved and can ask people if they've taken the class before. 

update

Monday: Wen for a walk

Tuesday: 2 miles on the stairmaster, went to the gym(!)

Wednesday: Went for a walk to the park.... for our annual funnelcake and a snow cone. But still, exercise 

Thursday: A walk down to summerfest and around the fairgrounds

Friday: Yoga class! A more intense poweryoga session, my arms still hurt today lol but it felt great, hoping to make a more intense session every other week

Saturday: Again counting work, not much outside time

Sunday: A three mile round-tripwalk to downtown

Results: met my goals for the week, hope to maintain next week and add in calorie tracking (probably net calories on this forum) 

Conversation Stats
Photos12
  • 1D7A64A5-759D-465A-B88C-65A93D884A3A.jpeg
  • 8CBE3B33-F2A5-4DAC-86E7-C7F3B9292EA5.jpeg
  • FDBD69E4-272F-44E7-8CFC-51391F1902D9.jpeg
  • D8081EA1-E34B-4E0F-B853-AD7B005CB4A5.jpeg
  • IMG_20190728_103226.jpg
  • 6A104437-13A4-4701-AD3E-B5A7FA8EB6B4.jpeg
  • CFB89364-C082-4506-A7EA-DF632FB0F7A7.png
  • 4165BE47-B0D5-4782-BC39-18B4869C324A.png
  • 204778EC-3F1B-478F-BE56-19C410F7DEFB.jpeg
  • B39643BE-5B23-46C9-8319-48A3EB8F2835.jpeg