Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What’s in your cup?

A companion thread to What's on your plate? 

I thought it would fun to share what we’re all drinking. It could be your favourite tea or show of your crowd pleasing cocktail recipes. What’s in your cup?

Right now, I’m enjoying a nice cup of ginger peach tea with milk and honey. It’s nice and calming before bed. 

IMG_3067.jpeg

Spoiler
And shout out to the original thread  I kinda found out too late about this and it’s been far too long since it was updated. 

Re: What’s in your cup?

@itsfi  I'll definitely have to try it then, when strawberries are back in season!

I'm an old fashioned kind of gal. 😉😚

Old Fashioned x 3.jpg

First pic was at pizza before Sephoria; second was over dinner with @Mellmars1185 during the last of the last session on Day 2, and the last pic was from an impromptu get together with some folks here in one of the hotel bars. There was a fourth old fashioned that night, a double old fashioned that was the clear winner of the bunch. That's the first time I've had it and would not have even known it's a thing but for the lovely @sister13, aka my double-old-fashioned-buddy! It is a pretty thing, in appearance and taste, but sadly, I did not take a photo of it. 

@itsfi  Oh my,  I love Old Fashioned’s .   🥃🥃. They are soooo good!  Glad you all enjoyed yourselves!

What is not to love @Cissy63?!! 🥰 So good!! Do you have a preference for bourbon or rye with your Old Fashioned? 🥃

@itsfi  I like bourbon better.  To me has a smoother taste 🥃

@itsfi “double” old fashioned? What’s the difference? I’m curious to know more about this drink!

@JoSometimes, my understanding of it is that a double Old Fashioned has double the pours of whiskey as you would ordinarily receive in your standard Old Fashioned. Like a double espresso, there’s extra goodness in it. 😜 If that’s not correct, please someone let us know. 

@itsfi Ohhhh! I thought there was something more to it than that. 

@itsfi Ohh look at all of the variations! My SO says "excellent drink choice". The third one looks pretty. I like the glass and the garnish. The hotel bar made some great drinks for sure. The bartender eyeballed her pours. I am not used to that where I live.

Yeah, my drink of choice is usually whiskey neat or an Old Fashioned, or wine with dinner, @Mellmars1185. Interesing about eyeballing the pours - maybe the bartender at the hotel was new? I haven't really seen that when I've gone out here. Thank you so much for getting us drinks when we were chilling at the hotel bar the last night.

AMAZING!!!! @itsfi 

The last one, unpictured, was definitely amazing @sister13👍 Best of the ones I had in NYC, which was surprising, but I guess it's true - saved the best for last! 

Found a new coffee/tea place thanks to a girl in my Pilates teacher training class. Got a matcha latte yesterday and tropical green tea today.  They have funny stickers. 
IMG_4333.jpeg

@SportyGirly125  I love the sticker! 😂 Yay for finding new drink places - I hope it was tasty!

@caitbird @It was really yummy. 

Great find @SportyGirly125! That sticker is pretty funny. 

@JoSometimes @You should see the one I got today. I can’t post it on here because of what it says but it’s pretty funny. 

Reporting back about my experiment with boba tea at home.  I have a pan with sticky, dark, flat boba soaking in the sink.

I had no idea they were so fragile before boiling!  I cooked them too long, so next time I'll test them as I go.  I didn't waste any of the drink mix by trying them with the mushy boba.

Aww that’s too bad @Ispend2much6. Hopefully, the next time around is better. If they’re like the boba I’m used to seeing, once they float, I reduce the heat and just let them simmer until they’re chewy. Then I drop them into cold water to stop the cooking. 

Excellent advice @JoSometimes - thanks!

Oh, no, @Ispend2much6 !  I would have thought the tapioca used in boba bubbles would be as sturdy as the tapioca used in pudding.  Guess not.

707 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos142
  • IMG_3067.jpeg
  • FAF0780A-4344-45D4-9440-83E80D0F608B.jpeg
  • 236160DF-6ACE-497A-8A9E-3DA153D782E8.jpeg
  • IMG_3209.jpeg
  • IMG_20230613_081511027.jpg
  • 20230510_131519.jpg
  • 20230509_131445.jpg
  • AD24716E-769D-4543-9F3E-8A7CD3E9AA6C.jpeg
  • IMG_9708.jpeg