Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What is your favorite fruit?

I know it is such a weird question but because spring is among us what is your favorite fruit? I decided to try dragon fruit and it was kinda gross (no offense to people who like dragon fruit). My favorite fruit is green grapes and blackberries.

Re: What is your favorite fruit?

@itsfi Papaya makes pretty good juice if you can find a good ripe one. It doesn't separate as much as a say strawberry or something like that. 

@makeitup305, as I think about it, I don’t think I’ve ever had papaya juice. Papaya, yes, absolutely. Papaya juice? Hmmm… 🤔 may have to try juicing it myself. Thank you! 

Love your list so many great ones! I saw you made a smoothie I’m interested to know what you put! Now I want a smoothie haha 🫶 @itsfi 

@peculiarzmakeup, I usually use a mix of greens (spinach or kale, or both) and fruit in my smoothies, but the one I had made was all fruit - banana, pineapple, blackberries, plum, pine berries, water and ice. I forgot to take a photo of it before I drank it. 😔 Here are some smoothies I’ve made in the past - 

Smoothie - Fruits & Veggie.jpeg

Smoothie - Bloom mix.jpeg

Juice 3.jpeg

nice @itsfi ! They look amazing!

Thanks @makeitup305! I'm trying to get back into having a smoothie or juice once a day. I prefer to get my veggies in by eating them, but like to supplement (for more veggie and fruit intake) with juices or smoothies. 

@itsfi if you look in the freezer section at some grocery stores, Goya sometimes sells frozen fruit pulp of tropical fruits. 

makeitup305_0-1710912809693.png

Ohhh! I will look for that in one of the grocery stores the next time I’m there @makeitup305. There’s one near my parents’ place that carries other products from that brand; will see if they have the juice. Thank you!

These are beautiful!! I love the ingridients too, it’s so creative and unique flavors. Thank you so much for sharing, I think it’s so cool to see what everyone likes and smoothies are a great way to get those fruits and veggies in for the day. Wonderful 🤩🫶 @itsfi 

Definitely @peculiarzmakeup. The smoothies can be a good way to supplement the amount of fruits and veggies we need. Do you make smoothies? If so, do you have a combination of fruits and veggies you like to include?

I agree, I often get smoothie king haha but if I were to make one I would make one with strawberries, avacado, banana, matcha, yogurt, and ice. I’m not sure how it would be but it’s worth a try 🫶🍓 @itsfi 

Oh, matcha!! That sounds like it would be good @peculiarzmakeup!

Matcha adds just enough natural sweetness mixed with fruit! It is very good 😊 @itsfi 

@peculiarzmakeup, strawberry matcha lattes were / are big. I’ve had it couple of times - good, but too sweet for me. I should try making it myself; less sweet. Will have to try matcha jn a smoothie soon.

@itsfi I will need to ask my husband to try the Asian Pear again. We used to have 1 big tree with rate A+ fruits. But then couple years later it got attacked by the Apple worms and we didn’t know how to treat it. Eventually my husband had to chop down. You have such a good list. Have you tried this fruit? IMG_2545.jpeg

I know you can find this in China town in Canada, I haven’t seen it in the state. My mom said we do import this now but they’re expensive 

Ooooh, Asian pears in your own backyard? How delicious @blackkitty2014! 😋 

Yes, yes @blackkitty2014! That’s a cherimoya. And now I know it’s called a custard apple too. I’ve only had the one with the off-white inside and green on the outside. I think there’s a red one? 

I’ve seen them every once in a while at the Asian markets and I even saw them at Safeway once. Expensive yes!!! They were $10-$15 for one!!! Sometimes the Asian supermarket will have them at a discount if they are close to being overripe.

@itsfi Wait isn’t the Cherimoya is the bigger one and more oblong shape and the seed more flat. I can’t never know for sure what they are called. (I have to look it up everytime I try to show it to someone) 😂🤣. Ooh I never seen the red version of it. Look it up now 👍

@itsfi   I don’t even no if they have these in America but I want to try Pink-a-boo berries and mangosteen.

@ThatGirlMadi, here they are - Pink-A-Boo Pineberries (aka White Strawberries)

Pineberries.jpg

@ThatGirlMadi, do you have a Trader Joe’s near you? They put out the Pink-a-boo berries over the weekend. They look like strawberries but they’re an ombré pink in appearance. Very pretty!

Fresh mangosteen can be found in Asian markets during the summer season (June, July, August). They’re a little challenging to open. There’s also canned mangosteen, but as with most things, fresh tastes so much better! 😋

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 80 replies
  • 181 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos9
  • IMG_3201.jpeg
  • IMG_9891.jpeg
  • IMG_2545.jpeg
  • Pineberries.jpg
  • Smoothie - Fruits & Veggie.jpeg
  • Smoothie - Bloom mix.jpeg