Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

The Disney Thread!

I've been meaning to start this thread forever and thanks to @lmi82 for giving me the push! Please post any current or upcoming Disney collections here. There are so many which include beauty, fragrance and fashion. Whether it's Sephora, Danielle Nicole handbags, Jamberry nails or my favorite cheap stuff from the drugstore collections, add it here. There are so many Disney fans here on BT and our posts get scattered. Hope this enables our shopping habits all the more.  Faith, Trust and Pixiedust!

IMG_4411.JPG

Re: The Disney Thread!

These are beautiful!  I think I'd be nervous having them in my house, though, because I'd always be waiting for them to talk and start moving around...

LOL @greenwenvy sorry about that Cat Happy added a spoiler to save any more heartache & disappointment on the article below. hee hee

I like these!  Gonna check 'em out!  

np @ZombieMetroAnt it was interesting, just not what I was expecting. The candlestick and clock are really neat now only if they could talk and clean my house too they would be perfect. 🙂

Lil.JPG> ETASpoiler Alert - this is not a Disney movie, (but apparently one is in the works). 

Spoiler
Article from Glamour:

The first look at The Little Mermaida live-action film based on Hans Christian Andersens fairy taleis here, and you'll want to watch it again and again. That's because, between the brief glimpses of what a mermaid looks like in the ...er, fins (a.k.a. special effects magic) and all of the plot twists, there is a lot to take in.

Before you dive in, it might be helpful to get the characters straight: The 2017 version of The Little Mermaid centers around budding journalist Cam Harrison, played by William Moseley, who is sent on assignment to investigate a possible real-life mermaid (played by Poppy Drayton of Downton Abbey fame). Cam takes his younger sister Elle (Loreto Peralta) along for the adventure and, shortly after, the trio are acting as a unified team against a man trying to steal part of the mermaids soul. Were treated to a snapshot of this drama in the two-minute clip, which also features Shirley MacLaine, who appears to be pro-mermaids. Theres no such thing as mermaids, a little girl says to the acting legend. You wouldnt say that if you met one, she responds.

This film is different from Universal Studios's Little Mermaid remake, which once had Chloe Grace Moretz slated to play the magical mermaid. (She later dropped out.) Walt Disney Studios, the force behind your favorite animated telling of the story, is also planning a live-action remake. It's likely that their mermaid will have red hair. (Lindsay Lohan is vociferously petitioning for the role on social media.)

Wow....that left me underwhelmed.

More like "The Little Mermaid, but not the animated Disney version where Ariel is a defiant, red-headed 16 year old determined to win the heart of a blue-eyed, human prince, gives up her voice, has a rag tag crew of animal sidekicks, puts her father's kingdom in danger, but ultimately gets all she wants because the human prince is extremely cool with suddenly learning he's almost been brainwashed into marrying an evil sea witch who shape-shifted into a hot chick and that the voiceless girl he's been hanging out with for three days has the lower body of a fish so he's all for standing up for her honor and rescuing the day!" nor is it "The Little Mermaid, but also not the Hans Christian Anderson fairy tale either in which a teenage mermaid saves a prince she finds is a total dreamboat and gets her feelings hurt when he's found on the shore by a human female and has no clue who actually saved him so she trades her voice for some legs, only to feel the sharp stab of knife jabs every time she walks, hangs out with the prince and learns he's promised to marry another girl from a different kingdom, but oh...plot twist, it's the girl on the beach and he's totally happy so the mermaid is devastated so her sisters sacrifice their long hair to the sea witch for a dagger to give to the mermaid to murder both the prince and his new bride so that when their blood splashes on her she can get her tail back and she can be with her family again, but she can't do it, so she jumps to her death into the ocean, but wait, doesn't turn into foam like she thought she would and instead becomes an angel and has a voice again!"

Sorry, my inner cinema sins voice over took over.

I hated it. 

I have yearned for a live-action little mermaid since about the age of 8.. and THIS is what my 30+ year wait gets me??

*grumps*

I watched this but was not sure how I felt about it..I'm really not sure how I will feel about the Disney live action since that's what I associate Little Mermaid to be and I LOVE Ariel. 

Beauty and the Beast / Pandora! 😄

upload_531555994620815351.jpg

Spoiler
The exclusive offer is for a free lithography and movie soundtrack with purchase of the Beauty and the Beast gift set, in stores only.

@lyravega @Tamara76 I found our new umbrella! Just bought it at Hot Topic. 

IMG_2943.JPG

Also they are having a sale on their clearance outerwear, BOGO. I got a red Villains sweater and then got a grey Villains sweater free! You can't add the free shipping code but I saved over $30 anyway. 

Also a ton of really cute BATB stuff so if you're a fan, go check it out. Everything is on sale for 20% off. 

Ooooo! Me like! Thanks for the  tag, @pixiedust2 !

This is awesome!  Thanks for the tag!  @pixiedust2

I tried the Grey Stuff! It was SO yummy! 

Red Rose Sippers were still sold out!

Also, DCA Food & Wine Festival is now thru April 16th. 100% improved from last year. There are so many amazing food kiosks. I posted a few.

The event is free once you're inside the park. But, food and VIP events cost extra.

If you're an AP you can buy a Sip and Savor badge. It has 8 tabs you can redeem at festival kiosks for any food or drink (alchololic beverages not included) and you get a cute AP button with each redemption. You can also buy a mini gift card that comes with a stretchy wrist band for easy paying. (More pics in spoiler)

IMG_3169.JPG

I love Chip & Dale....

Spoiler
IMG_3154.JPGIMG_3157.JPGIMG_3151.JPGIMG_3156.JPG
Vanilla Bean Creme Fraiche Panna Cotta
IMG_3153.JPG
My iced tea with orange pearls (YUMMY), my friend's blood orange ACE hard cider.
IMG_3162.JPG

Part of my haul...

I found the Beauty & the Beast Tea! They were also selling it at The Vault. A friend got me the ELP turtle glow cube (I tried to buy it 3x and it was sold out). The AP $1 popcorn refill is still on. I'm going to miss that when the AP promo ends!

I also got "pegged"..I'll post about in the Party thread.

IMG_3145.JPG

Disney and food. What more could you want? lol. Ok so for our BT Convention maybe we should all just meet at Disney when this is going on next year?! 

@veronika23 @Randell @pixiedust2 @Tamara76 @ZombieMetroAnt @angel7594 @Asche @unfungirl @heartsmyface 

And everyone else who ever mentioned wanting a BT get-together 😄

That sounds like a blast! ❤️ @Mcakes

Magical idea @Mcakes !!😍

@Mcakes, That sounds amazing!! 😄

@Mcakes  Let's do this!

Related image

I'm sooooo in @Mcakes!!

This sounds f-ing awesome @Mcakes!!!

Holy moly. I envy you so hard right now. 

About the Beauty and the Beast tea, are you referring to the collectible tea set? I have been going back and forth about purchasing it since I already got the Alice and Wonderland one from a few years back and I bought that one for $100 less than the Beauty and the Beast one, which is going for way more this time around.

At the bottom pic, is that also a special shirt just for AP holders for the Electric Parade return? 

@Carpineda They did have an amazing collectible tea set, but I did not look at the price. I was referring to the Twinings Tea that is specially packaged and comes in 4 flavors. It's to the right of the mug in the pic. If I see the tea set again, I'll snap a pic.

Yes, that is a special AP shirt. It glows in the dark. They had a men's & women's style.

2,378 Replies
testing