cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Positive Vibe/ prayer request thread

Hi All,

Don't want this to be whining or venting thread but this is pretty much the only community I am active in and really really like it so thought of posting here. 

This is for everyone to post if you like/need.

Some of you may know that I have been though toughest time of my life for last one year and every aspect of my life is hit. Looks like the ordeal is not over and now it's onto my career and in turn mental wellbeing . Without going into too much detail, my health was compromised to the point that it was life threatening, my personal life crisis beyond belief that I never thought would happen to me and crushed me. Now my career is taking a hit for various reasons plus my health/ some physical limitation causing me further stress, anxiety, having hard time concentrating.

I am doing everything I can. Fighting this very hard, trying to stay positive. I have started working out regularly because I think that will help physical as well as mental wellbeing and doing everything I can but I feel I am at a point where it's getting tiring I can use some positive thought and your prayers. 

Also, if you are someone like me where sometime I am at a loss of words and not sure what to communicate to the person but I still pray for them, that is ok too, no need to feel pressured to post anything.

Feel free to post your own requests in this thread. Again, not a pity party and definitely do everything in your control to power though but sometimes positive vibes and prayers are just the things we all could use. 

RE: Re: Positive Vibe/ prayer request thread

I wanted to update. This is the second day my mom has bern hospitalized where she is at, theres no date of release yet but it seems she is doing better, i haven’t talked to her but we were told today she slept 8 hrs and has been talking in a group i believe i heard. Thanks for the positive vibes and prayers you guys. I have been praying and i hope everyone is seeing a little bit of sunshine today too. Im trying to distract myself at the waiting room at the vets office cause i just want to run out with my anxiety and my cat.

Re: RE: Re: Positive Vibe/ prayer request thread

@Blackwhiskey , this all sounds emotionally and physically exhausting. You are doing an amazing job.  I think it may be best for your uncle to go to a home.  It's a lot on you to be the sole caregiver for him.  But you do it if you're ready, not because your Aunt tells you to.

@Blackwhiskey - Sending positive and happy thoughts your way!  I hope your cat's vet appointment went OK.  My cat Ivan is black & white too.  Maybe we're related by fur?  😄

If you need to run, Run Wilson Run. Take the cat running too so he can be the rational one and tell you when it’s time to go home. I went to the beach on Monday and danced in the bathroom. Sometimes life requires a physical release. 

RE: Re: Positive Vibe/ prayer request thread

Thank you guys. Unfortunately some stuff came up since this post. It has to do with the aunt that came to “help” us. She verbally lashed out at me because finally she recognizes her brother who my mom and i have been taking care of since i have been little is her brother. And according to her because she is the sister she and her other sisters are going to decide what to do with him. Aka put him in a home. I know it is the correct thing to do for my moms sake since she is 78. But I’ve been doing the heavy lifting with him and hygiene care and stuff. But the way my aunt speaks its in her understanding that ive only been doing it these weeks that my mom has been like this. Which is bs. I am torn. I want to have ny own life and not worry every morning noon and night to feed and change someone and bathe. But on the other hand how can i do that.. my mom loves him. My grandma lived for him. How can i in good conscience just toss him in a home.. its so easy to dictate and judge people when you’ve had an easy life. Im sure she got pissed that she had to bathe him twice the other day even though i carried him to the showers. Its just crazy. This may be too much but i have no one else to vent to anymore and im sorry. Im hoping my mom gets better soon. Thanks for everyone below this comment. I have to go feed my uncle now because heaven knows neither of the two sisters of my mother that are here will. As the mean one nicely put “isnt it lunch time? Shouldnt he be fed? Yeah jenni will do it.” Thats when she forgets he is her brother. I have no choice in the matter. I just want to scream.

@Blackwhiskey I just read your posts and my heart aches for you.  Everyone always talks about how amazing family is but sometimes family doesn't act like they should. At the end of the day, you've done so much for your uncle and while it doesn't seem like he's doing very well, there are still some very humane aspects of him left and he understands that you and your mother love him.  And are taking care of him.  Arguably, more than anyone should have to take care of another but that burden doesn't seem as real because it's someone you care about.

An assisted living home is really not all that bad.  While you want to try to make sure that there aren't obvious signs of mistreatment, these people are almost exclusively compassionate people who want to take care of others.  That way you can go back to living more of your life for you-- and you're not just throwing him away, you can always go visit.  ❤️ ❤️ 

All I can do is encourage you in the Lord and let you know I heard you and will always read your post. God bless you. I said a prayer for you.

@howconnie 💗💗💗 your words of encouragement!

❤️

@Blackwhiskey not sure I have the right words to say but I’ve cared for another in the same regards and it is a full time job as well as extra-ordinarily stressful. It sounds like you’ve allowed yourself to acknowledge that, which is good and necessary.

My heart and prayers go out to you💗

My apologies for not staying in touch. This whole ordeal hit me even harder than i expected. I had a nervous breakdown and it took months to recover. I am in a better state right now but with everything that happened with my mom i also lost communication with the guy i was so head over heels with and it also broke me. I hope to be able to reach out to you soon for that drawing i promised. 

@eshoe wrote:

@Blackwhiskey not sure I have the right words to say but I’ve cared for another in the same regards and it is a full time job as well as extra-ordinarily stressful. It sounds like you’ve allowed yourself to acknowledge that, which is good and necessary.

My heart and prayers go out to you💗

@Blackwhiskey   You obviously care very, very deeply for the people in your life and they are fortunate to have you.

I hope this isn't a trite comment, but from your pictures you look like a little bitty thing- I don't know how you are able to carry a grown man to the shower.  

@Ispend2much6 wrote:

@Blackwhiskey   You obviously care very, very deeply for the people in your life and they are fortunate to have you.

I hope this isn't a trite comment, but from your pictures you look like a little bitty thing- I don't know how you are able to carry a grown man to the shower.  

I won't lie, my back has taken a beating as well as the bones around my ankles and feet. But that also has to do with the many car accidents I've been in *mind you I was never the one driving except for the one time that I crossed a green light and a car rammed into me from the side.*

But I've always been "strong" and a tomboy when I grew up, all that muscle I built up worked a purpose. Usually once I lift him up its easy because he will move his legs, just not on his own or anything else for that matter. We have a shower chair so its easy that way.

@Blackwhiskey   I'm sure you do get tired and sore. 

As far as car accidents go, I've had a couple.  In our driveway.  Hitting one of our other cars while backing down the driveway while in a hurry. 🙂

Re: Positive Vibe/ prayer request thread

@Blackwhiskey - Sending positive thoughts to you and your mom!  I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety disorder, so I can understand your situation.

This sounds so hard.  I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and for your mom, @Blackwhiskey!  I hope the appointment points your mom in a better direction.

If you ever need ANYONE to talk to, I am here for you!!! Don't ever be afraid to reach out!!! I have been diagnosed with a variety of daunting mental illnesses and Generalized Anxiety Disorder is one of them. I have had it my entire life and can definitely understand how life events can trigger/increase/intensify anxiety significantly. 💖 Stay strong, sister. I know it is hard... but you got this. @Blackwhiskey 

Hello all! I wanted to give some updates on my fibromyalgia management journey. My case seems to be in no way typical, and people generally suffer for years before finding any sort of consistent relief, but for about a month I've been trying some things and has been symptom free or nearly symptom free for almost a full week now. I had one bad flair up about a week and a half ago, but my pain has been slowly subsiding since, my nausea has improved, and my mood swings have stopped. Next week, I'll start going to a pain management group physical therapy class, so I'm curious to see what sort of tips, tricks, and techniques I learn from that. But, this has been my regimen that seems to be working... 

ATTITUDE: I refuse to let this slow me down, and I refuse to dwell on it. I continued living my life, going out, meeting with friends, staying as active as I can be. I've gone on road trips and planes. If the pain started to get bad while I'm in public, I just work through it. I might walk a little slower, and I might need to rest, but I keep going. The fact I was so motivated to "solve" it, and I knew some of things I started doing wouldn't be instant fixes, gave me the patience and drive to try different things and see what happens. Attitude is everything with something like this - if you let it get you down, it'll get you down. I don't have time for that, I'm a PE teacher and a coach, I literally need my body to function to do my job. 

SUPPORT SYSTEM: I've only chosen to disclose this to a few people, my closest friends, my family, and my boyfriend (can I call him that now?? For this sake of this I will). My mom is a Young Living consultant, and my dad is an avid runner, so my mom was doing tons of research on natural remedies using EOs, and my dad found some other runners who struggle with FMS and shared their stories with me about how they used activity to overcome the physical symptoms. Being a runner myself, I was a bit worried running would be out of the question. But, it seems I can continue running at least short distances to start. I told my friends when we'd go out, just so they would bare with me if I was a bit slower, but since I didn't make a big deal about it, they were like "Whatever," and didn't make a big deal about it either, which is what I need from my friends. I've also recently started seeing someone (some of you may remember my "WHAT SHOULD I WEAR???" first date nerves hahahah), and I took a risk and was straight forward about it with him right away. I just basically explained to him it's something I'm dealing with and trying to figure out, and I don't know how much it will effect me in the long run yet, I have good days and bad days, etc. He didn't know a lot about FMS, but also was basically like "Yeah, whatever, we'll figure it out." I knew if we continued the relationship, it would come up eventually especially on my bad days, and I didn't want to feel like I was a burden or too high maintenance for a new relationship. But he told me he really liked my attitude about it, thinks it speaks a lot to the type of person I am, and he's been totally great about it. He asks how I'm feeling, will notice when I'm walking better, and is understanding enough that if I happen to have a bad day in the future, won't hold it against me or resent me, and said he'd help out any way he can if I need it. He likes me for me, and if I struggle a bit on occasion, it's not enough for him to give up on me. If I'm being honest... I think that helped A TON because I had no idea what sort of guy would want to deal with this. Turns out, I found one, and feeling like I don't need to take this on alone has been a huge relief. 

DIET: I have read certain foods can help/hurt FMS symptoms, but I eat pretty healthy already, so there wasn't much I could do to change or improve my diet, other than maybe cut out a few things like gluten or inflammatory foods such as tomatoes. Honestly, I wasn't even eating much as it was, my nausea was so bad I didn't want to eat anything most days. But honestly, I haven't changed a thing now that I feel okay to eat like normal. I am, however, off the IPAs... I don't think my body can handle those anymore. So now I stick to ambers, pale ales, and red wine. Moderate alcohol consumption can actually improve FMS symptoms due to the GABA release (more on that later), and I live in a region that's the best for beer and wine so yeah... it's a big part of my life and I refuse to give it up hahahaha. 

SUPPLEMENTS: For about a month, I have been taking 2 Olly Goodbye Stress gummies each morning. Those have GABA, which is an inhibitory neurotransmitter that dampened the nerve response. A theory with FMS is a deficiency in GABA, so the nerves are firing more than they should. I have also been taking 100 mg of 5-HTP in the morning and before bed. This is the precursor to serotonin, a NT involved with pain management and mood. I had some CBD oil and CBD infused muscle rub delivered about a week and a half ago. I take 50 mg of I think it's a 500 mg CBD oil? I need to look... once a day and use the muscle rub as needed. I have also been taking an antioxidant drink once a day. The CBD is thought to have a TON of benefits, due to the fact you have a naturally occurring system for it in your brain already. And it seems to be working pretty well for me! 

So there ya go! Sorry that was long... but it's been a process! 

God bless you 

@alexasteph I was unaware you were going through this. I feel honored that you would share it with the BIC family. It sounds like you have a great attitude and have been doing research and working hard for improvement. I am sorry to hear you are going through this, but clearly (and thankfully), you're a very strong woman and tackling it head-on. Bravo. As for the disclosure with the guy, you made the right choice. Better to be upfront about it early on. It helps you learn what kinds of person they truly are. I'm glad he responded positively. I hope it continues to go well with him. So glad to hear you've seen symptom improvement. Keep taking on the world girlie!

Thanks @sprocketta. I'm pretty lucky in that I figured out fairly quickly how to manage it well, and he came in to my life at just the right time. I have no way of knowing if I'd feel how I do if I hadn't have met him, but it is a big relief to have a partner in this. He's pretty awesome! 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos16
  • 298A47C1-DAF8-4F33-B766-9D0B7F2D7812.jpeg
  • tenor
  • 63C7652E-AFEC-481E-817A-F72B5A410AF5.gif
  • 83EFEFEF-B7B8-4C84-BADD-BBD6378CF08F.jpeg
  • 816RBKPUyKL._SY550_.jpg
  • CAD775D7-0AC9-4851-899F-B6AEF3522C6D.jpeg
  • Hugs to you!
  • giphy - 2019-11-15T001525.267.gif
  • rooting for you gif.jpg