cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Positive Vibe/ prayer request thread

Hi All,

Don't want this to be whining or venting thread but this is pretty much the only community I am active in and really really like it so thought of posting here. 

This is for everyone to post if you like/need.

Some of you may know that I have been though toughest time of my life for last one year and every aspect of my life is hit. Looks like the ordeal is not over and now it's onto my career and in turn mental wellbeing . Without going into too much detail, my health was compromised to the point that it was life threatening, my personal life crisis beyond belief that I never thought would happen to me and crushed me. Now my career is taking a hit for various reasons plus my health/ some physical limitation causing me further stress, anxiety, having hard time concentrating.

I am doing everything I can. Fighting this very hard, trying to stay positive. I have started working out regularly because I think that will help physical as well as mental wellbeing and doing everything I can but I feel I am at a point where it's getting tiring I can use some positive thought and your prayers. 

Also, if you are someone like me where sometime I am at a loss of words and not sure what to communicate to the person but I still pray for them, that is ok too, no need to feel pressured to post anything.

Feel free to post your own requests in this thread. Again, not a pity party and definitely do everything in your control to power though but sometimes positive vibes and prayers are just the things we all could use. 

Re: Positive Vibe/ prayer request thread

Thanks for the support @WinglessOne I'm sorry you have your own struggles with mental illness and anxiety.  My anxiety is there, but not super terrible.  I feel bad for anyone who experiences anxiety attacks as those are scary.  I'm glad you're taking steps to help yourself.  Sometimes meds make a big difference.  Of course they carry their own downsides as well, but I have no doubt you're well aware of that already.  I hope you find the right balance for yourself.

I'm glad you were able to find something funny in a rough moment.  Every time I find myself looking back on years of illness and feeling like a failure, I remind myself that those thoughts only take me down a dark path that isn't constructive.  Hard to do that in the moment, but I do manage it.

We really do need to get together again.  I'm not working downtown anymore but I could do it on a weekend.  I'll pm you.

@sprocketta  ugh so sorry!  I think a lot of people here have a shopping addiction also, it doesn't help when people are always posting their hauls, it just makes you want to buy more so you can show it off too!  which isn't great if you can't afford it...and it also doesn't help when people (especially guys) are constantly criticizing and commenting, like "you bought MORE stuff? don't you have enough!?" or "how much was that?" it kind of takes the fun out of it and just stresses us out more. 😞  but I tend to only buy things when they're a good deal or get a good gwp or points, etc., which makes me feel better lol..also I sometimes sell things on ebay, so it helps if you've gotten it at a good price, which can ensure that you get your money back.

@treestar86 thank you for the support.  I do agree that people here share the shopping addition issue.  I really need to stop looking at the haul thread.  I LOVE posting there, which doesn't help.

Sounds like we suffer from something similar @sprocketta . It’s like walking on a tightrope. Unfortunately I’m too embarrassed to take things back so I’m in a financial hole right now. I haven’t been in touch with my therapist in months so things have gotten bad. Sending you positive vibes and prayers if you want them. I’m around if you ever wanna talk.

@divaknits you can try selling on ebay.  if it was full price you probably won't get all your money back, but if you got a gwp or points, etc., that could offset the difference...

That’s something I hadn’t thought of. Thanks @treestar86!

@divaknits  @sprocketta  Gals, I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I think a wide majority of us have overspent on beauty at least once (and probably more). Big hugs 💕

Not sure if you’re looking for advice, but here’s mine: take a big step back from BIC for a few months, stay away from Instagram (especially updates from Trendmood and other similar accounts), and beauty websites and YouTube channels. After 3-5 months, you may feel much more in control and balanced. 

Thanks @PinkEvergreen! I’ve dropped out of sight from here for a few weeks before. I was so busy. Since I came back I’m not here as much, but maybe it’s still too much. Something to think about.  

@PinkEvergreen I appreciate that advice.  It has occurred to me more than once, but I haven't done well with stepping away.  Thankfully my new job gives me less time to noodle around on here during the day, but I still find time for it.  Maybe I can give it another go.

Oh, @sprocketta , I am so sorry that this is happening, but know that we are here for you!! I so hope that you're able to get a med change if necessary,  that will help!! I really hope things will get better! My thoughts are with you!!😔Hugs to you!Hugs to you!

@yankeefaithful Sorry for the late reply, totally missed this comment.  Thank you for the support.

Hugs to you dear girl  @sprocketta. 🤗😘I’m so sorry all this is happening for you. Be gentle on yourself. You have a lot of friends and support on here also! XXOO 💞💞

Thank you @Sunnysmom It feels weird to post this in this forum but there are so many supportive people here

Nope don’t @sprocketta . We are all here to support each other I think and not just for makeup! Can def go deeper I think. 🙂 Glad makeup can make you feel happy and better too , so nothing wrong with that. 🥰☺️

And recognizing the issue and gently working on correcting it is great progress too I think. You got this @sprocketta ! 😘

Thanks @Sunnysmom I know I'm doing all I can to take care of myself and being aware of the arising issues. I really appreciate the support. It helps more than you know.

I am so sorry @sprocketta. I hope you feel better soon.❤️❤️❤️

CAD775D7-0AC9-4851-899F-B6AEF3522C6D.jpeg

Thanks @faeriegirl that helps 🙂

God bless you all 

🙏 for all the well wishes. I got out of very stressful (and no support) project. I found another opportunity that might be better and has flexible timing that will help with keeping up with my med appointments and workouts going BUT I took maybe 2 days too long to decide and the person is not responding. 🤞hope that person is just busy and I will get it. If not, something better is probably out there for me. 

Just wanted to pop in here and say thanks for all the well wishes I received.

@naturalooks15 Like you said, there could be something better. If you don’t get it, don’t worry. Something else will come along, it always does. You will get everything you need done. ❤️ 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos16
  • 298A47C1-DAF8-4F33-B766-9D0B7F2D7812.jpeg
  • tenor
  • 63C7652E-AFEC-481E-817A-F72B5A410AF5.gif
  • 83EFEFEF-B7B8-4C84-BADD-BBD6378CF08F.jpeg
  • 816RBKPUyKL._SY550_.jpg
  • CAD775D7-0AC9-4851-899F-B6AEF3522C6D.jpeg
  • Hugs to you!
  • giphy - 2019-11-15T001525.267.gif
  • rooting for you gif.jpg