Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

How Is School/Class Going So Far?

I know there are quite a few of us still in school, whether it be middle school, high school, or college.  If I remember correctly, a few of you thought about/are taking an online class.  How is the semester going so far?

According to my ETSU schedule, the semester is halfway over!  I'm just waiting for midterm grades to be posted.  The semester has been going fairly well so far, especially since I decided to go for the 15 credit hours.  I usually hear horror stories around here about taking that many hours.  I have been quite stressed at times, and once to the point where I did have a panic attack at Lanndan's mamaw's house.  However, I did eventually overcome it.  Give my OCD an inch and it takes a mile.  Here are the classes I'm currently taking:

• World Literature: Love, love, love this class!  I've enjoyed all of the readings so far.  However, I think I was slightly picked on by one girl in my class when the tests were returned so we could see our grades.  It involved a lot of writing, and only 5 people, including me, finished it competely.  I made a 100 on it, and the professor drew a smiley beside my grade. The girl beside me said to her friend in a kind of mean tone "I didn't get a smiley face."   I just thought, "If you did the readings you probably would have done better."  Oh well.

British Literatre II: I'm doing well in this class, too.  The professor likes to find all kinds of political meanings in works, even if they aren't political.  And I'm the least political person ever lol.

Second Year French I: I'm a step closer to finishing my foreign language requirement that I wasn't told about until I was almost finished with my first year! lol.

American History I online: I took the second one last semester.  I wish Mike Rowe was my professor.  It would probably be more interesting, then lol.

Educational Psychology online: Very interesting class.  I think it will definitely help me to become an excellent teacher, even though I know I have typos on here lol.  I blame fast typing lol.

In a couple of weeks, I have one of the most important interviews of my life.  The interview with the board of the College of Education.  Even though Education is my minor, I still have to be accepted into the program.  They won't let just anyone be a teacher.  I believe I have the grades for it, and I've been told to number drop my English and Reading ACT scores.  I am a bit nervous about the interview, but the education advisor I met with believes I will do very well.  Fingers crossed!

Re: How Is School/Class Going So Far?

School is going great! I am a junior this year, and I am attending an online highschool.

My classes that I am taking:

American Literature- this class is not my favorite just because I really dislike reading "short" stories (only because they are not short at all!! haha) but I am doing really well in this class, I have a 98% Smiley Happy

Astronomy- I love this class! I love to learn about are surroundings in outer space, it's awesome! I am doing really well in this class too Smiley Very Happy I also have a 98% in this class.

Algebra 2- This is my worst class! I absolutely hate math because I just don't get it, especially algebra.. it's my weakness. I'm not doing so hot in this class, I have 80%, which is no bueno for me lol, I am trying my best to get it up to an A and luckily my boyfriends sister attends Colorado School of Mines and is majoring in math.

Inquiry Based Science- This class is okay, it's a science class filled with all sciences, I have a 94% in this class.

Sociology- I like this class, it's pretty easy and not filled with too many assignments, I have a 86% in this class, which I definitely need to get up to an A but that shouldn't be too hard.

World Geography- This class is somewhat difficult for some reason lol, it seems like it should be easy but for some reason it's not, I have 88% but like I said with my other classes, I need to get it up to an A.

My goal for the year is to get straight A's, which I know I can do if I just put a lot of effort into it. I have ACT's this year and I'm pretty nervous for them, but I am definitely going to study my butt off haha.

Don't be nervous for your interview Kimmi, you will do great! I just know it! I'm excited to hear how it goes so keep us informed with everything! How are you liking your online classes? Are they more difficult than you expected or are they easier?

LexiKaye<3

Ha! And they said being a senior would be a breeze - well I'm only probably stressed out because I'm applying to colleges and I decided to pretty much max out my schedule, which may have or may not have been the best idea. Well I'm just gonna stick with it, so here it is:

AP French: I actually thought I was going to hate this, but I wasn't. They created the class first period for us, so there's me and two other girls. We pretty much speak in French all the time, and we're getting into writing full essays and such, but I've heard that the AP exam is next to impossible if you're not fluent, so hopefully that will turn out okay. I love it though, I like the challenge and getting to speak/learn a language that I really do enjoy! But on Monday I have to give a 3-5 presentation on Morocco in French, so that's daunting.

AP English Language: This class is a breeze, my teacher is chill and young and we don't do too much. He's a funny guy. And everyone in my class is really great and funny. He can talk to us at our level I guess, I don't have much to rave/complain about since it's pretty great.

Honors Physics: Ugh, it's really boring. We sit in pairs and I sit with this kid Nick, who I have a couple classes with and we're friends I guess. I'll definitely get him tot open up soon! I pretty much sit in there, write notes, doodle, talk to Dave and Bobby who sit behind me and Nick, and well Nick too. We don't really learn much, but the teacher is really nice so I can't hate her, it's just the way the class is run. I need to find a way to preoccupy myself really, oh and my friend Matt is in that class too, but he had to sit with a junior girl and the teacher moved him away from us):

Honors Japanese I: So I always wanted to take Japanese, I got closed out of it last year though, so I took it this year and switched out of gym! So like that's killing two birds with one stone - and I get to take it with my good friend Sonia and then Christian, who I adore. It's a relatively easy class too, and the teacher is chill and awkward and funny. It's very low stress.

AP Euro: God, I do so much more work for this than I did for APUSH last year, like this year I take notes. And she pop quizzes us when she feels like it and I have actual homework, but I'm not used to in a history course. But I like her, I think our class is going to an art museum over one of the long weekends just cause. I've been doing well. A 92% on my first FRQ, a 92% on our exam on the Renaissance, a 94% today on the Reformation test and our first DBQ hasn't been graded yet. I take it with a few friends of mines - Sonia and Dom and it's great. Too bad it's a lot of work and a lot of things to remember.

AP Calculus AB: So I love our teacher, he's the sweetest thing, plus the people in the class, well one half of the class I'm pretty good friends with. My best friend sits next to me and Christian behind me and Bobby in front of me so it's always a good time! I'm only upset because I'm carrying a 78% average since we had two quizzes and I've done pretty badly on both of them.

AP Chem: Oh my god, this might be my favorite class. I'm holding a high B average, I love the teacher, he's like one of my favorite teachers in the whole school - he's wonderful and omg - and I'm pretty much recreating my sophomore year of Hon. Chem with Sonia since we sat in the same seats we did two years ago. Plus Matt and Nick are in that class too and my friend Claire just got moved in today and everyone is great and funny and the labs are fun too, plus we don't get too much homework in this class anyways.

Theology: We meditate. Every. Day. It's a wonderful wind-down yknow?

Trying to keep my head above water!

In my Anatomy & Physiology course, we've had 4 tests (2 exams, 1 quiz, 1 lab practical) since September 20th, and have 1 quiz next week and then another exam the following week!

I'm killing it in my Statistics course. It's boring though, and since it's in the morning makes me really sleepy. Got another test in that coming up.

I'm taking a math/functions class online and it doesn't receive enough attention but I'm still passing, I have a midterm in about 9 days.

I'm doing a work study program that so far has allowed me to study a LOT on the job.

BUT!!! After I finish this semester I can apply to Nursing school!!!!!!! YEAH!! And then wait approximately 2 years to get in thanks to the insane amount of people trying out for Nursing. But I've got more pre/co-requisites to fill my time and I might get my CNA licensure so I can be bumped up on the list and directly placed through the hospital I'm doing my work study at.

Go students!! Give 'em hell!

Highlighted

Middle school is so much harder than 6th grade!!! But I love seeing all my friends again.... schools kinda why I havent been posting much lately...I feel drowned in HW lol. My teachers aren't exactly the best either Smiley Tongue I am making A's and B's (wish they were all A's) and am working sooooo hard. I also started vocal lessons and am in love haha PM me I love just talking to u guys!!!!!

-Jessi

Math: A's as usual. I am in advanced math this year so it's harder and they expect more. I had a test today so fingers crossed!!!

Woodshop: It's so fun! I luuuvvvvvv my teacher and I haven't cut off my hand yet!!

REACH: its basically advamced social studies for like creative people. I presented a project today and i dont think i did as well as i had planned, but in my defense i only had like 2 periods to work on it.

Reading: My teacher...treats us like we are 5. I am ok at reading, i mean its not the hardest sug\bject ever so yeah.

Spanish: spanish is kinda like an easy A. And my teacher is so nice! (my mom used to b a spansh teacher so she helps me when i need it)

Science: Lets just say I'm not exactly the scientist in my family. I'm doing better then last year which is good. My teacher is the best! Luanching eachother down the hallways next week!!!!

Writing: Used to b my best subject,its now my worst. It's not that i suck at writing now, It's just my teacher is a tough grader. You dont have an answer sheet and can say, "ok this answers right, this ones worng." It depends on if the reader (my teacher) likes it or not.

-Jessi

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 34 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors