Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Free Calligraphy Class

If anyone is interested in taking a free calligraphy class, The Happy Ever Crafter has online classes starting July 31st.  I took a calligraphy class 2 weeks ago by myself and have always been interested in it. 

Recently, I was watching Youtube videos and stumbled upon The Happy Ever Crafter.  Now I am signed up for her Show Me Your Drills free online classes and cannot wait for it to start.  Her videos are always so informative.  If you are interested or want to sign up search for The Happy Ever Crafter and her site should pop up.  She also has a free course on water color painting.  

@eshoe if you decide to sign up with me, we could share our progress together 😊

IMG_1089.jpeg

Re: Free Calligraphy Class

It’s back again!!!!

If anyone is interested in taking a free calligraphy class, The Happy Ever Crafter has online classes you can sign up for on her direct site.  I took her course last year and saw a major improvement over a month span.  I got so hooked that I purchased her beyond the drills workbook and practiced for another 5 months. It’s definitely worth it and you can do it at your own pace which I love. Highly recommend. 

If anyone is interested in learning calligraphy or buying any crafting supplies, The Happily Ever Crafter is having her Black Friday sale and it’s 40% off for the calligraphy course and the supplies. I got mine during her free course when she offered 50% off and thought it was really worth it. I can see so much improvement and am starting to write words now. 

She also still has her free online course you can sign up anytime. It’s the basic strokes (introduction to calligraphy that I found really helpful. She has videos and a booklet you can download for free). Not sponsored in any way but I am having a blast doing it. You also can go at your own pace. 

IMG_3326.jpeg

IMG_6719.jpeg

After finishing up the minuscule letters today I see so much progress. How I thought the lower case letters would look by finishing the month long drills (free course) to how they actually look after finishing the minuscule (paid course). All of it is free hand and not traced. @eshoe 

IMG_3848.jpeg

@SportyGirly125 your brush strokes here are perfection! You must be so pleased. It looks like the paid course was worth it 🖋👏🏼

@eshoe @Thank you. There are things I do have to change a little from reviewing her critique video but overall I am pleased and ready for the upper case letters. 

Your work is very impressive, @SportyGirly125 - I would be pleased if I were you.

so sad the free course ended today but am so glad at the progress I have made.  She is offering a course called “beyond the drills” but it isn’t free which I have signed up for.  It’s a 6 month course and I can’t wait for it to start September 4th. 

My freehand work, no tracing. 

IMG_2319.jpeg

@SportyGirly125, your freehand is AMAZING. Thank you for sharing it, and congratulations for finishing the class!

I do plan to finish the course. You are most definitely my inspiration 🖋

@eshoe Awww thank you. I’m glad you were taking it with me.  It helped to know that we are all in this together and some have done it multiple times. I know others were hard on themselves in critiquing their own work so I tried hard not to do that. I love that I could always refer back to her videos and have them forever. 

Yes @SportyGirly125, I think learning to not be so hard on ourselves can be…rather challenging, for lack of better words. It is pretty cool that you knew of this class, and nudged me to sign up for it. The techniques and challenges it brings are just what I need right now. Anything memory-related, whether muscle or strictly otherwise, is beneficial 🪷

@eshoe @Are you going to continue with the class?  I bought her printed and digital workbooks for small and big pens. 

Yes, @SportyGirly125, I do plan to continue. I need to order some marker paper and use the light board to help with tracing for now. This is a good reminder to get that ordered!

@eshoe @In her class she showed a Cricut light box and I was intrigued. 

I honestly loved the way she did the course. I attended 2 of her lives. She is so helpful. The daily drills for the month really helped make it easier to learn the basic strokes.  I could see the difference from week one to week 4. 

@SportyGirly125 I attended the first live she did with this course, and she really is such an encouraging person overall. Awesome that you noticed an improvement, I know I did too. It makes me want to go back to using a pen with a nib to see how different it is.

@eshoe @I know the first week day one I tried to do the first three strokes with a nib. It definitely took longer to do and I need to get back to it as well. 

@eshoe @How are you liking the class so far?

@SportyGirly125 I was enjoying it, she is so upbeat and soothing to listen to/watch. With school starting, I have not taken the time to devote to it in...a while 😕 I plan to revisit everything I missed, though.

How are you liking it?

@eshoe I am really loving it.  I have seen such an improvement doing the drills daily.  I love her zoom videos but sometimes I can't watch them live so I watch them later.  I can't wait to keep moving on to her next workbooks.

If it's beneficial to your cause, would it be alright to share this info outside the group? 💕💞💕 

@missaa8 I’m not getting paid or sponsored in any way to talk about this course. It’s something I found online and wanted to tell friends, family, and other BIC members about. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 66 replies
  • 118 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos16
  • IMG_1089.jpeg
  • IMG_6206.jpeg
  • IMG_6205.jpeg
  • IMG_6644.jpeg
  • IMG_0991.jpeg
  • IMG_0992.jpeg