Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC Holiday greeting card exchange? 2023

Hello lovelies!  I know in the past a couple of us have mentioned that it might be fun to exchange greeting cards around the holidays.  I thought I would bring it up, and see if there is any interest in it....

If there is interest, I have no clue where to begin!  For example, how would we organize information?  We'd have to share personal info, and obviously while we want to be inclusive we also want to be safe.  And IDK what would be an efficient way to make up a greeting card list and distribute it.  So, if anyone has any ideas or special computer form skills/privacy safeguard knowledge then please let us know.

Also, we may wish to develop some guidelines.  For example, would BICers prefer generic/non-denominational cards or is "Merry Christmas" OK if that's what the sender is planning on?  And while adding a little something like a sticker or a sample is OK, let's keep it simple b/c we all have budgets.

If this turns out just to be beautiful dream, then we can always figure it out next year or just post well wishes on BIC.

Thanks beauties!

christmasbeauty.jpeg

Information exchange deadline (exchange via PM): 12/12/23

Deadline to mail cards: TBD

ETA: sign ups are now closed.  Deadline to mail cards is open-ended, as I know we're all busy.

If you could not participate this time around then we hope to see you next year!

Re: BIC Holiday greeting card exchange? 2023

@QueenMarceline thanks for the input!  So important!

@greeneyedgirl107 I’m down! How do we make it happen? Open up a google doc and DM anyone interested the link to the doc? Interested parties have to be known members and have a deadline of a week to submit the info  (it could be just digital, physical or both, depending on their comfort leve). They can state their preferences if needed and we can have a deadline before the document is deleted?

@makeitup305 sounds like a very solid idea.   I'm a real dummy about Google docs/IT.  Let me look into it...or maybe you or another BICer would have some insight. 

@greeneyedgirl107 Awesome idea!

@Mellmars1185 thanks!  I'm hoping maybe it will gain momentum. 

@greeneyedgirl107  Love the idea too. Going to try and keep up with this thread to see if I can join once logistics are figured out 🙂

@gonerogue looking forward to it!  Thinking about coordinating some ideas and tagging those who have posted hopefully in the next day or so.

@greeneyedgirl107 I'd be down! We've used Elfster before for exchanges in the past.

@Samtian let us know if you have any ideas on how to coordinate it.  ❤️ 🌲 

@greeneyedgirl107 I really do like using Elfster but not sure of other options besides putting names in a bowl and drawing them out. 

@Samtian I was thinking that we'd create a master list and each of us would send a card to everyone on the master list.

@greeneyedgirl107 Ah ok. I'm down.

In theory, the master list would be comprised of BICers that express an interest on this thread.  And not everyone that signs up would have to send a card to everyone on the list (familiarity, privacy, time, cost, etc) would all come into play.

@greeneyedgirl107   Although I think that sounds like a lovely idea, the chances of me sending a card to everyone on a master list is slim to none, due to my ADHD. At least if you're talking about postal mail! I could do e-cards. But I'd still rather choose who I send a card to, for personal preference.

@Westcoasty of course!  BICers can send to whomever they wish, for whatever preference.  And the method is flexible, too!  ❤️

@greeneyedgirl107  I hope you can make it happen! I'd definitely participate as much as my scattered brain let me. 😄

@Westcoasty so far it looks like just a few of us have signed up, so I'm hoping it'll be do-able.

@greeneyedgirl107  Signed up where? Do you mean here, or on somewhere like Elfster (which I confess I've never heard of)?

@Westcoasty sign up on this thread 🙂

@greeneyedgirl107   Sounds good, sign me up!

@Westcoasty I mean, we have to start the tradition sometime.  It can always grow next year and the year after.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 182 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • christmasbeauty.jpeg
testing