Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC Holiday greeting card exchange? 2023

Hello lovelies!  I know in the past a couple of us have mentioned that it might be fun to exchange greeting cards around the holidays.  I thought I would bring it up, and see if there is any interest in it....

If there is interest, I have no clue where to begin!  For example, how would we organize information?  We'd have to share personal info, and obviously while we want to be inclusive we also want to be safe.  And IDK what would be an efficient way to make up a greeting card list and distribute it.  So, if anyone has any ideas or special computer form skills/privacy safeguard knowledge then please let us know.

Also, we may wish to develop some guidelines.  For example, would BICers prefer generic/non-denominational cards or is "Merry Christmas" OK if that's what the sender is planning on?  And while adding a little something like a sticker or a sample is OK, let's keep it simple b/c we all have budgets.

If this turns out just to be beautiful dream, then we can always figure it out next year or just post well wishes on BIC.

Thanks beauties!

christmasbeauty.jpeg

Information exchange deadline (exchange via PM): 12/12/23

Deadline to mail cards: TBD

ETA: sign ups are now closed.  Deadline to mail cards is open-ended, as I know we're all busy.

If you could not participate this time around then we hope to see you next year!

Re: BIC Holiday greeting card exchange? 2023

Many thanks to those of you whose cards I've received thus far.  I'm so sorry for my lapse in acknowledgement.   I'm on day 9 of flu, have awful laryngitis, lingering thrush and currently have back spasms that are making me scream out in pain and literally cry.  My husband has the fly too.

@Samtian @Westcoasty @makeitup305 @gonerogue @Mellmars1185 @caitbird 

@QueenMarceline 

OK!  So I reviewed a lot of posts on this thread.  I really like makeitup305's idea of a deadline.  IF we are going to move forward, I propose a deadline to sign up of 12/9/23.  The deadline to send out cards could be by 12/19, or even by 1/3/24 since it's a holiday greeting card exchange so the spirit of the season would still be with us.

Also, if we start a sign up then please reply to this thread clearly and tag me.  I can update the final list of sign ups on the OP.

It looks like this is being kept small.  That might be good for our first time doing this 🙂  If this stays relatively small, I think we could just PM BICers on the list personally and exchange information.  Maybe by 12/12/23.  If this gets larger, then we can chat about how to manage it best. 

Friendly reminder that there's no judgment about who you wish to exchange with.  We're all friends here, but we all wish for privacy, security and a budget.  And also, if you are not comfortable with a "Merry Christmas" greeting card then please let us know and we'll work something out.  Finally, this is meant to be light and fun.  So, just a card will suffice; you may put something small inside like a sample or a sticker but please keep it cheap and cheerful!

Random points:

-be sure to mark your country on your contact information

-let's help each other know how many stamps to put on for USA to CA, and CAD to USA

-I'm open to suggestions!  This is my first time doing something like this.  Thanks for your patience!

@Samtian @makeitup305 @QueenMarceline @caitbird @Mellmars1185 

I responded to all your PMs.  I addressed everything and plan on mail on Monday.  I hope everything makes its way to you safely. 

So pleased that we're able to do this!

@greeneyedgirl107 Super excited to participate, I'm shooting for mailing out by Sunday-Monday! 🤗

Just PM’d you @greeneyedgirl107 ! Let’s do this!

@makeitup305 Yay! Thanks! I started preparing today.

@greeneyedgirl107  awesome! I am still interested in participating. 🙂 Thank you for helping to coordinate this!

@caitbird excellent!  Thanks for responding. 

@greeneyedgirl107  I’m still in ❤️ let me know when list is final so I can reach out for contact info and vice versa

@gonerogue great!  Good to have you on board.

@greeneyedgirl107   Much though I love this idea, I'm afraid I need to remove myself from the list. I'm moving this month and it's killing me. I just don't have the capacity to send out cards, alas. But please hit me up next year!

@Westcoasty moving is so stressful! We can try again next year!

Thanks, @makeitup305  - sounds like an excellent plan! 

@Westcoasty that's perfectly fine.  Have a smooth move!

Thanks, @greeneyedgirl107  - sorry I couldn't join this year. Happy holidays!

@greeneyedgirl107 Love this idea 🙂 I'm still very interested and think this would be a good way to keep things as easy to manage as possible for every one involved. 

@QueenMarceline Hello!  I PM'd several BICers, but you were on my list last due to alphabetical order.  I am getting an error message saying that I've sent my max number of PMs and that I should try again later.  I've seen this error before - even when I've only sent one or two message.  I only sent out five PMs, and you would have been the sixth.  I have NOT forgotten about you.  I will try again tomorrow.  Hoping they get this fixed.  I know that other BICers have experienced this issue.

@greeneyedgirl107 Since we have been having some issues, I wanted to check in to see if you got my message? 🤗 I sent you one then afterwards then I got your original message (with exchange details) right after I sent that message (super strange) and also replied to the original message as well. Fingers crossed! 🤞

@QueenMarceline I got your PMs!

@greeneyedgirl107 No worries at all, let me PM you and see if that helps! 🙂

47 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 182 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • christmasbeauty.jpeg
testing