Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What is the best brush sets?

I have always bought cheap brushes so i’m not too familiar on what’s the best brand of brushes … I want to start using brushes to do my foundation and concealer 🙂 . Any advice or recommendations??

Re: What is the best brush sets?

Not available at Sephora (sorry!), but I purchased an all white brush set from Colour Pop for a decent price and still use it to this day.

Real Techniques is also a very affordable brand @kkaitlynbrooke .  I also like Sigma Beauty, more midrange (vs drugstore vs higher end)

Also, elf makes a great face sponge, which can be used for foundation/concealer.

@kkaitlynbrooke  The best I’ve found is Sonia G. They are very pricey though. A more affordable option are the Sephora Collection Pro brushes. They are great for the price.

I would recommend Smashbox brushes, or Morphe brushes they are nice I personally have the Smashbox brushes, but I have heard the Morphe brushes are nice.

@kkaitlynbrooke What’s your definition of cheap? I’m using elf’s brushes and I think they’re fantastic for what they cost. Definitely a lot of bang for buck. 

@kkaitlynbrooke  You might wanna buy a couple individual face brushes instead of a full set. You’ll spend less money and have a chance to try a new-to-you brand’s brushes before committing to a set. Also, for foundation and concealer, you’ll want either natural goat hair brushes or synthetic/vegan brushes. 

Goat hair: Sonia G., Wayne Goss, Chikuhodo, and Koyudo. All 4 brands are sold at Beautylish, and you can find a wider selection of the last 2 brands’ brushes at sites that sell Japanese handmade brushes like Fude Beauty. Also consider Rephr brushes, available at the brand’s own site. 

Synthetic: Luxie, Sephora Pro, Chikuhodo, and Koyudo spring to mind. I’ve heard good things about Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Face 1.0 All Over Complexion Brush - For Foundation, Blush, Bronzer & P... . And some folks love Hourglass brushes. 

@kkaitlynbrooke SoniaG brush sets or if you are on a budget MorphexAriel brush sets 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing