Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today Pt2

Starting a new thread since the old one was taking too long to load. 

Please share your looks and products for what you are wearing today here 

915a4e24eb5c4590ee5f2e5f65bc4fd2_w200.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Re: What are you wearing today Pt2

@Mellmars1185  I love your brows!!   And the almost cut crease shadow is beautiful 

@heartsmyface Thank you so much! 💓

You achieved flawless glowy skin @Mellmars1185 🩷 This is beautiful!  

(I hear waterproof mascara is very important for the big day 😉 in case you shed a few tears of happiness)

@CynthieLu Thank you! Yes I agree on the Waterproof mascara. I do not have one atm. The one I want to get is OOS Yves Saint Laurent Lash Clash Extreme Volume Waterproof Mascara Black . Do you have any recommendations?

I wish I did, thou ILIA Mini Limitless Lash Lengthening Mascara After Midnight came up on a water proof Mascara top 6 list for brides from The Knott magazine in January of this year. @Mellmars1185 

I think I would rather get my lashes tinted and wear falsies lol. But I've never had them tinted, it just seems like it would be no fuss on the big day. 

@CynthieLu So I ended up making a certain purchase on Lookfantasic which included some falsies... hehe oh dear. I was thinking maybe a Waterproof mascara will pull the two worlds together? Oohh thanks for the info!

Aaah nice! You're going to have lash options for the big day.  The Best of both worlds sounds like wisdom to me. 😀

I hope you are having lots of fun experimenting with wedding looks. @Mellmars1185 

@CynthieLu Thank you 💖. I am not much of a planner so I am finding it stressful. I am trying to enjoy it 😊

I think it's natural to find it stressful, especially if your doing a lot of the organizing yourself. I love hearing your trying to enjoy this time too, even if it's not always easy. I think check lists will be your friend right now 🖋📜 @Mellmars1185 

Fresh and soft with a lovely lit from within glow. 💖  A beautiful bridal look @Mellmars1185 ❣️

@itsfi Thank you! It was quite the process. I have noticed that my under eyes are creasing a bit now. I will have to try some different methods to see how I can avoid this.

@Mellmars1185, what’s your current skincare routine or prep before makeup?

@itsfi For this look I used a liquid Exfoliator by Naturium, followed by Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum (from Sephoria). I then used an SPF and caliray So Blown Blurring & Hydrating Collagen Peptide Primer With Niacinamide 1 oz / 30 ml .

On a regular day I use OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum Hydrating Vitamin C Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL (which I am almost out of) followed by an SPF after washing. I am trying to add a toner into my routine more often. What about you?

@Mellmars1185, in the warmer months (which we're not quite there yet over here), I do like to use a toner, possibly an exfoliating one - my skin leans more oily in the spring and summer, so it can handle a little more exfoliation. Right now though, my focus is on getting my skin back on track - in the last couple of weeks, I started breaking out again - it had been under control since almost a year ago. So addressing that and the dryness too is top of mind for me at the moment. Hoping that I can get it all under control this week - 2 breakouts are currently in the healing phase, and I'm working on clearing out and flattening the last pesky pimple. 

Which toner(s) are you looking at or thinking about incorporating into your routine? Do you think you'll repurchase the OH serum?

@itsfi Sorry to hear that your skin has been breaking out after some time. Was there a change in any of your skincare products? I actually am experiencing a few breakouts right now and I am not quite sure what is causing them. I have changed up my skincare products because I have run out of a few. I would definitely repurchase the OH. My skin seemed to really like it. For toner I am finishing up The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL . I haven't been using it consistently, but I have been enjoying it so far. Once I am finished it, I am going to try out a toner by Naturium. Shopper's Drug Mart just started carrying the brand.

@Mellmars1185, there’s probably a few things that are contributing to the breakouts, the more likely causes being that i haven’t consistently been taking my probiotics and I have been having a lot more gluten and dairy than I usually do. I’m sure stress isn’t helping either. lol. I have been better about these things in the last few days. 

The additional dryness in the areas I’m breaking out I’ve narrowed down to a combination of not drinking as much water as I should be and the use of a new-to-me acne spot treatment that is stronger than I anticipated. 😬 I stopped using it and have gone back to my more gentle (but still effective) acne products. Hoping this breakout will just be a blip. 

Elegant and delicate so pretty! @Mellmars1185  🫶❤️

@peculiarzmakeup Thank you! 😊

@Mellmars1185 @Lovely bridal look 

@SportyGirly125 Thank you very much!

🐰🐣A Easter Inspired Look 💚🩷

1000015888.jpg

1000015891.jpg