Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Packaging Thread

Packaging plays a major role in beauty products. Brands put out releases with special LE packaging. How many times have you drooled over the compact itself or the box or jar? Some packaging is a work of art. This is a thread to show that extra swoon-worthy items you had to photograph and share. I'm a sucker for the PMG lipstick boxes and keep them all. Huda put out a number of lip sets in adorable tins (this tin sits on the bathroom counter). These are a few of my favorite items. Please share yours. I can't walt to see.Huda Contour and Strobe Lip SetHuda Contour and Strobe Lip Set

PMG MatteTrance ElsonPMG MatteTrance Elson

PMG LuxeTrance Sorry Not SorryPMG LuxeTrance Sorry Not Sorry

Re: The Packaging Thread

@heartsmyface What a beautiful collection!

Before I started trying to be practical with my purchases, I had a weakness for gorgeous packaging. But, I tend to move too often to want to haul a huge makeup collection to and from different apartments, and I never have space for a large collection. But, here are some items that I've had for a while and still love because of the packaging.

This Laduree blush looks straight out of a fairy tale, and the blush is shaped like rose petals!

BD81D96F-0210-493A-9F29-10658BF7E326.jpeg

D0D76E78-E0FD-480E-8995-7F9F70F97047.jpeg

I also love some of Nars' collaborations. Man Ray was a fascinating artist, and Erdem has such gorgeous, ethereal designs.

C075ADE6-5FA9-42A0-AD5E-CB08B704B8AE.jpeg

@txcatx Oh man I forgot about those Nars! ❤️

The blush petals are remarkable!! @txcatx 

@txcatx The blush rose petals are beautiful. It is nice that you can  enjoy them as a decoration. I didn't know these existed. I am learning something new almost everyday on BIC!

@txcatx @Those Nars palettes are so beautiful.  Reminiscent of old KVD palettes. 

@txcatx How stunning! I actually am very familiar with the Laduree brand, the blush has been in my amazon wish list for at least 5-6 years now and I guess I never splurged on it (quite shocking, actually lol!) It's such a stunning piece that I'm not sure I'd actually even use it, have you used yours?

@QueenMarceline I tried the blush a couple of times, but there didn't seem to be a lot of color payoff. I just really like it as a decoration!

@txcatx You need to use a rougher bristled brush to scrape the blush off the petals;) 

@txcatx That's completely understandable, I probably wouldn't use it either haha!

@QueenMarceline I saw the price on Amazon, and for a plastic blush container, I really don't think it's worth $152!! Mine was a gift, but my friend got it through some connections in Asia, and I'm sure she did not pay that much for it.

@txcatx They cost about $110 in Japan.  The petals and the container are sold separately.  🙂

@heartsmyface $110 for plastic?! Wow, I had no idea! I saw some going for about $60 on eBay a while back and assumed that was around the normal price. 

@txcatx the rose petals are 3150 yen ($36.40). The pots are sold separately, at 7350 yen ($84.90). $US , so you likely saw just the pot or just the petals refill for that price. Being that it was on eBay it was probably the refill.  

And to be fair, you weren’t just paying for the makeup.  You were paying to enter a fantasy princessy palace one customer at a time and you were waited on by two women while seated on a tufted bench.   You pointed what you wanted out and they’d sit you down and explain all the features of the product.  The shopping experience was part of the price. 

@heartsmyface That experience sounds lovely and would have totally been worth it! 

@txcatx You're absolutely right, probably why I never ended up getting it despite it being in my wish list for so long. A true rarity, I must say. 😂

71znfaDHkIL._SL1500_.jpg

2-2_480x480.jpegimage_f4c1b4be-8a1e-4f94-9276-4f0c3f0deeee_480x480.jpeg

Recently came across this on my Amazon explore page, the Palace Identity Dragon Matte Lipstick. I bought it in the red shade and then was so surprised at how lovely and high quality the packaging was that when they had a lightning deal a few weeks later I got myself two more colors. They all have gorgeous engraving in all the lipsticks. So unique and so happy to get to add these to my collection. 🙂Also technically not a Lunar Item since this isn't LE item or a new release in particular, but I kind of like it because it isn't. Such a great find.

Absolutely stunning packaging @QueenMarceline 

@lmaster Thank you 🙂 I think it's quite nice. Unfortunately this is now the second issue I'm having with the same color (Dusty Mauve) which is a shame because I was really looking forward to it. The color itself is beautiful but my two deliveries (including a replacement) have either been faulty product or packaging. 😕 The other two colors were just fine 🙂

Ughhh!! @QueenMarceline such a shame

@lmaster I agree. Unfortunately, amazon would not replace this a second time but only gave me a refund 😕 I'm currently playing around with ideas. Think I'm going to gorilla glue the top piece of the cap that "slides out" when you open the lipstick. The second one they sent me only has faulty packaging (not product, like the first one) so I'm hoping this solves my issue and that I can call it a "free lipstick" after it's gorilla-glue-surgery. 😂Didn't think my day would consist of lipstick surgery but here we are 😂

Conversation Stats
Photos109
  • Huda Contour and Strobe Lip Set
  • PMG MatteTrance Elson
  • PMG LuxeTrance Sorry Not Sorry
  • Screenshot_20200604-234618_Chrome.jpg
  • 2CF8E62F-BD00-4990-B5A0-6E1C2297D240.jpeg
  • A5EA71F3-65A3-424F-8B57-C4FD829FCDB6.jpeg
  • 6F1D9E6C-4618-4F29-A586-86D942D35888.jpeg
  • 0C41B5C0-60AB-4818-B5FB-7593DC16B65B.jpeg
  • IMG_20200605_085758127.jpg
  • IMG_20200605_102459556.jpg