Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

*12/15/19 - The 2020 thread is now live: Pan It! - 2020 Challenge!

๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ Hi All!

Can y'all believe 2019 is literally knocking on the door??  Given its proximity it's high time we get the 2019 Panning Challenge Rolling.

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

May pan be ever in your favor!

Re: RE: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

@Kaylabr This is so inspiring! I really need to focus on using why I have & love!!

Please keep us posted of your progress! ๐Ÿ˜˜

@Sodayui awww thank you! i hear that - it can definitely be hard to keep focus with all the great sales and new product launches happening now. but i've definitely been having fun shopping my stash and finding new ways to use what i have. i'll definitely keep posting here - it definitely gives me more inspiration seeing everyone's progress.

@Kaylabr Great job! 

Best,
Rebecca

SO much pan! Great job @Kaylabr!

Thank you, @ShortErica - it's such a good feeling to be so close to finishing a product up.

@Kaylabr  Wow, nice work!!! I wish my Natasha Denona palettes looked more like this. The pans are so huge ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Ahh thank you, @PinkEvergreen! You got this! That'll make it feel so much more rewarding when you get to pan!

Re: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

I took a slightly different approach in May, so I only had two empties from my original challenge, which are the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub and Benefit Pore-fessional Mini. My new approach is to focus on one product per category per month (one blush, one lip gloss etc), but still allow myself to rotate in other less used products. Iโ€™ve basically finished all the skincare category, and makeup is harder. Here is my May progress (and I guess early June) on some of my project items, and some โ€œunofficialโ€ products that I would like to go through as they approach expiry. Out of my 51 official project items, Iโ€™ve finished 29, gave away 1 and one broke. So I only have 20 left to go in the second half of the year!Unofficial project - covergirl clean matte powderUnofficial project - covergirl clean matte powder

The benetint is 2/3 full and the Becca has 2 -3 uses leftThe benetint is 2/3 full and the Becca has 2 -3 uses left

This is great work, @cianni!

You're tolling through your items @cianni and it's great that you've been able to finish so much of your items within the first half of the year!

@ElleElleG thank you! This challenge has kept me motivated โ˜บ๏ธโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿค—

RE: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

Not a lot for May but thatโ€™s okay since I previously had a great April! May 2019 Empties: -Lโ€™Oreal Paris Lash Serum Solution 1.5 ml/0.05 fl oz -Mineral Fusion Bath Soap 35 g/1.25 oz -Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream 3 ml/1 fl oz -Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Auburn 0.085 g/0.003 oz -Burtโ€™s Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm 4.25 g/0.15 oz

April 2019April 2019

May 2019May 2019

RE: Re: Pan It! - 2019 Challenge!

Awesome job!!!!

@ElleElleG  Wow, great job!!

I have this palette as well!! Loving it!

@ElleElleG Great job!!

Best,

Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT ๐Ÿ˜

This is so impressive @ElleElleG. Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks @ShortErica ๐Ÿ’•

Your progress pics are always amazing, @ElleElleG ! You're doing great!

Thanks @SpaceLlama ๐Ÿ˜Š

Photos463
  • Lorac Mega Pro 3
  • ABH Master Palette by Mario
  • ABH Modern Renaissance
  • Urban Decay Naked
  • Urban Decay Naked
  • Too Faced Chocolate Bar
  • Too Faced Chocolate Bar
  • Tarte Tartelette
  • Tarte Tartelette