Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Monthly Misses: May 2024

May is almost over...so let's talk about what just didn't work for us.  You know you have something to gripe about!

And for a change of pace for the pic, let's do Mae West for May!

greeneyedgirl107_0-1716423701518.png

Re: Monthly Misses: May 2024

iNNBEAUTY PROJECT The Healthy Skin Edit Bestsellers Kit 

Mostly I wanted to try the iNNBEAUTY PROJECT 10 + 10 Moisturizer with 10% Vitamin C + 10% Peptide Complex + Ceramides 1.7 oz/ 5... .  It has a great balm-like texture, but never soaks in no matter how little (or much) I use.  It just sits on my skin.

iNNBEAUTY PROJECT Slushy Serum Moisturizer Crush Infused with Bakuchiol 1.18 oz/ 35 mL  This seems like a nice product that would be even better if it were significantly more moisturizing.

iNNBEAUTY PROJECT Green Machine Vitamin C Dark Spot & Hyperpigmentation Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL I'm not even sure what to say about this!  If you enjoy putting green slime on your face this is for you.  That's the highlight of this product. 😝

#iNNBEAUTY PROJECT Keep It Clean Hydrating Gel Cleanser with Ceramides & 10 Amino Acids 6.7 oz / 200 mL This cleanser is too drying for my combo/oily skin.  It does clean well both as a cleanser and makeup remover, but I've used better that doesn't dry my skin.

@Titian06 what a bummer that the InnBeauty Project products were a bit of a fail for you!  I don't know why but the brand overall intrigues me.  I've only tried their Lip Glazes (and LOVE them!) but I really haven't tried anything else.

@CookieGirl1 - If you're interested in other products and any are in this kit, then I recommend getting the kit.  It's a great way to try the products in mini form, plus the Slushy is full size.  I don't regret my purchase.  I wouldn't have tried any of these full size except the 10 + 10 Moisturizer.

@Titian06 I've had similar experiences with InnBeauty. It's ok but not something I would repurchase. I've tried the eye cream and liked it but it occasionally pilled under my makeup (either because of it or it didn't like other products). I appreciate the price point but there's more effective products in that range if you look at K-beauty or brands like Naturium.

@Titian06 that whole thing sounds like a disaster!  So sorry!

Definitely not a disaster, @greeneyedgirl107 !  This is why I like sample sets/kits, so I can try these small sizes without buying the full sizes.  I like the Slushy, just not well enough to buy it when finished.  The Green Machine is a definite fail.  I haven't decided if I want to keep using it.  I'll finish the cleanser since I moisturize after; I always do regardless.  I'll finish the 10+10 as well the jar is microscopic.

I recommend this set to anyone interested in trying this brand--better than trying the full size for so much more!

@Titian06 you've got a great attitude!

@Titian06 love the green slime comment.  

LOL - @CorgiMommy , thanks! 😄

I was SO excited to smell the KAYALI VANILLA CANDY ROCK SUGAR | 42 Eau de Parfum so I went to a store, sprayed it on a card, and immediately liked it because I really enjoy sweet, fruity perfumes and it smelled so yummy!  I went ahead and used the tester to spritz a little on myself and within five minutes I was almost nauseated; allll of the yummy top notes had vanished and the only thing left that I could smell was musk and a scent very reminiscent of patchouli (which I hate).  It was also incredibly strong so I literally had to go home later and take a shower just to try and wash off the scent before I could even go to bed that night because I hated how it smelled so much.

Sorry to hear this was a miss @CookieGirl1 

I really liked the idea of this perfume too, but I when I went to the store and sprayed it on the card the notes didn't hit me favorably. I couldn't even bring myself spray it on my wrist. 😅 But I thought maybe it was just an off bottle, the reviews and my experience just didn't seem match up.

@CynthieLu I know, I feel like it's a winner for most people--just not for us, I guess.

I'm not sure what the scent note was that missed the mark for me but even my partner smelt it and he made the bad face lol @CookieGirl1 @greeneyedgirl107 😂

@CynthieLu yes!  It's bad when others notice, too!

@CynthieLu so interesting that everyone is saying this!  This one had piqued my interest but I think I'd agree with everyone here.   

@CookieGirl1 Thank you for the heads up on that. I had just looked at generic notes and thought it sounded good. After you mentioned the patchouli I see it listed in the fragrance description.

@Samtian Patchouli rarely sits well on my skin so as a general rule I avoid it when I'm scouting out perfumes.

@CookieGirl1 

Spoiler
It doesn't smell good on anyone 🙊

@Samtian 😅😅😅

@CookieGirl1 Oh yikes - I'm sorry you didn't like this. However, I'm definitely glad I read this because I almost purchased this without testing first.

32 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 139 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos1
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1716423701518.png
testing