Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I know youโ€™ve tried a sample (or ten) of something and it was so magical it made you stop everything and buy a product cause it was love at first sample!  What was it and did the full sized version live up to your initial heart-melted impression? Or is it still on your shopping list to pick up at your earliest convenience?  

The first time I can recall this happening to me was when Sephora still carried Dermadoctor.  I had a sample of their KP Duty Body Scrub.  I used it just to push it through my stash and was absolutely blown away by how immediately soft and exfoliated my skin was!  Instant purchase!   Itโ€™s been six years and I have yet to find any body scrub that compares -and Iโ€™ve tried!

A more recent love-at-first-sample is the Dior Backstage Face and Body Primer!  Itโ€™s a slightly peach tinted,creamy gel consistency and is mega hydrating while blurring subtle imperfections on its own but making foundation apply so smoothly!!!  Plus it has a beautiful floral fragrance which may not be everyoneโ€™s cup of tea but itโ€™s very pleasing to me. ๐Ÿ™‚  

Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif

โ€ƒ

3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I have a new item that really impressed me. I received samples of Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Medium Coverage Liquid Foundation with Hyaluronic Acid 11 Cool in shade 4 neutral. I used half of a packet and I was shocked how good my skin looked. I plan on trying it again later today before I order it. It did not settle in my lines and best of all it looked like my skin but better.

@Loretta55  This foundation is on my list.  I have been wearing more sheer makeup lately so the rate Iโ€™m going through what I own has slowed down substantially.  Iโ€™m teetering between this one and the Valentino which likely means my indecisive self will be getting both ๐Ÿซฃ

@Loretta55 I got this and love it so much! You should go for it if you like dewy skin!

@Loretta55, this is a beautiful foundation! I remember it selling out like that when it launched. For good reason. 

I have it sitting in my basket @itsfi @BluePaisley . I am waiting for the F&F sale to pull the trigger.

I got a sample of Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 

I loved this stuff after my first use and every use after. I just put it on, let it sit, than massage all the eye make up right off. Than washed it all off with my regular cleanser ๐Ÿ™‚ 

A little bit goes a long way,  as soon as my jar is empty i am going to buy the regular size version. My skin is soft and clean and not stripped at all ๐Ÿคฉ

560dce3d-8ba7-5b69-8453-7a5e70aced25.jpeg.jpg

โ€ƒ

I love this and the fenty one best cleansing balm Iโ€™ve tried๐Ÿ˜ถโ€๐ŸŒซ๏ธ

@CynthieLu, love the Farmacy cleansing balms; they're fabulous!

@CynthieLu I love how gentle and effective this balm is ๐Ÿ™‚

That is the best makeup removal balm that I have tried @CynthieLu. You may want to try the various scents that Farmacy releases. I use a full sized tub every other month. Highly recommended!

That's really good to know @Loretta55 ๐Ÿคฉ

I was intrigued by Saint Jane Beauty Luxury Sun Ritual Pore Smoothing Face Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL when I first saw it online but decided to be good and wait for a sample. Swooped in to pick up the gwp and was hooked @heartsmyface๐Ÿ’– Silky smooth, subtly tinted, lightly hydrating, physical sunscreen with a faint floral scent that spreads easily and without the chalky white cast and gives a lovely (and non greasy) glow to my complexion.

Saint Jane SPF.jpg

It sounds interesting! I've added it to my loves list, @itsfi.

@curlychiquita, it's a nice one. Another favorite to add to my SPF rotation! Would love to hear your thoughts on it if you end up picking one up in the future.

@itsfi that sounds so nice!  I don't think I've really heard anyone talking about it, either.

@CookieGirl1, it seems like thereโ€™s been so many sunblock launches this year (which I think is great), more so than in previous years. This one may have slipped through the cracks or just been flying under the radar. I donโ€™t recall a lot of announcements for it. I actually first saw it in another beauty store but they sold out quickly. Was happy to see it included in Sephora; hoping more of the brandโ€™s products become available at Sephora, especially their array of lip products and colors. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ 

That sounds nice, @itsfi ! ๐Ÿ˜

@Titian06, Iโ€™ve been really happy with it so far. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I love this thread! Fragrances I found captivating from first sniff

• CdG Original
  • Hermes Bel Ami
  • Frederic Malle Une Fleur de Cassie
  • Libertine Fragrance Chlorophyllia
  • Hiram Green Moon Bloom
  • Dusita Le Sillage Blanc
  • Apoteker Tepe The Peradam

There are others, these are just the ones off the top of my head. There also a kind of reverse-recency bias at play. I've smelled hundreds of fragrances at this point so it's really hard to impress me now!

I looked up Une Fleur de Cassie, @pocketvenus. It sounds beautiful! I'll have to buy a sample.

@curlychiquita It gets overlooked as it's more retro than the others but it's the first Malle I bought because I liked it so much!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • 3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg
  • DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif
  • Sample 2 Full Size - Lancoฬ‚me.jpeg
  • Photo from US Lookfantastic site
  • D009A711-0D6A-4BED-9508-2474B3E39253.jpeg
  • Benefit Concealer.jpg
  • Screenshot_20220826-133617_Chrome.jpg
  • Saint Jane SPF.jpg
  • 560dce3d-8ba7-5b69-8453-7a5e70aced25.jpeg.jpg