Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I know youโ€™ve tried a sample (or ten) of something and it was so magical it made you stop everything and buy a product cause it was love at first sample!  What was it and did the full sized version live up to your initial heart-melted impression? Or is it still on your shopping list to pick up at your earliest convenience?  

The first time I can recall this happening to me was when Sephora still carried Dermadoctor.  I had a sample of their KP Duty Body Scrub.  I used it just to push it through my stash and was absolutely blown away by how immediately soft and exfoliated my skin was!  Instant purchase!   Itโ€™s been six years and I have yet to find any body scrub that compares -and Iโ€™ve tried!

A more recent love-at-first-sample is the Dior Backstage Face and Body Primer!  Itโ€™s a slightly peach tinted,creamy gel consistency and is mega hydrating while blurring subtle imperfections on its own but making foundation apply so smoothly!!!  Plus it has a beautiful floral fragrance which may not be everyoneโ€™s cup of tea but itโ€™s very pleasing to me. ๐Ÿ™‚  

Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif

โ€ƒ

3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Thank you lovely, you're so kind @heartsmyface ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster  Your hair looks great!

Thank you so much!! @Cissy63 

@lmaster  All I can say is wow!

I didn't hesitate to buy the FS @Ispend2much6 thank you!

It looks fantastic, @lmaster! I'm definitely willing to give it a try.

I'm in love with this!! @curlychiquita 

wow your curls look gorgeous @lmaster !

Thank you so so much!! @Kim888 

@lmaster I never thought I'd be a hair oil girlie but wow, they can make SUCH a difference!  This one hadn't been on my radar but now you have me curious ๐Ÿ™‚

I would strongly recommend trying a sample before purchasing because the scent could be too strong for some people, however, that's one of the qualities I love about it @CookieGirl1 

@lmaster I usually love strongly scented hair products but that being said, can you describe the scent?  I wish that more stores actually carried the line.

Ok I used it yesterday, it seems like the scent is the strongest the first couple uses, then it tones down. @CookieGirl1 @Loretta55 it's like a sweet perfume scent, a good one though

@lmaster is it very heavy or lighter?  Can you compare it to any other oils?  

When it comes out it seems like the same consistency of a hair oil, but when I apply it, it's very light weight, more like a serum @CookieGirl1 

Do you blow dry your hair or do you let it air dry @lmaster? Your review has me curious about the product. When I air dry my hair it can take up to 10 hours to completely dry. Also can you please describe the scent.

@Loretta55 I rarely blow dry my hair, usually I'll wrap my hair in a microfiber towel and scrunch it ever 30 min or so. It's a strong sweet perfume scent

You scrunch your hair for 30 minutes @lmaster? Wow my hands hurt just thinking about it.

No lol I scrunch it for a few seconds every 30 minutes or so @Loretta55 

Thank you for clarifying @lmaster.

Late posting of a new favorite. I worked through a 14-day sampling / trial set of the EADEM Milk Marvel Dark Spot Serum with Niacinamide and Vitamin C 1 oz/ 30 mL and fell in love with the results. My skin tone started looking more even (less sun spots and discoloration), to the point where other people, including my aesthetician, noticed and made comments on my skin looking better. ๐Ÿ’– I knew I needed a full size. I wasnโ€™t as consistent with it last month as I should have been, but we can change that, right?!! Right!! Jumping back into being more diligent with this serum and am excited for the results to come. 

6.2023 Eadem Dark Spot Serum.jpg

356 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos23
  • 3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg
  • DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif
  • Sample 2 Full Size - Lancoฬ‚me.jpeg
  • Photo from US Lookfantastic site
  • D009A711-0D6A-4BED-9508-2474B3E39253.jpeg
  • Benefit Concealer.jpg
  • Screenshot_20220826-133617_Chrome.jpg
  • Saint Jane SPF.jpg