Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

HELP!! In Search of the Perfect Dark Spot Correcting Product

With all of the newness coming along this year, there just has to be something there for me, right?

I am a 24 year other, combination-skin having, beauty junk that has been dealing with hyper-pigmentation for what seems like my entire life. As a black woman, I am aware of the struggles melanin-rich skin usually faces and i recognize that hyper-pigmentation and melasma were a package deal for me but i need help reducing this issue. 

My skin is combo-normal but could be on the more oily side due to my genetics. I suffer from dark spots left from acne but i also have so pigmentation around my mouth and chin which is darker than the rest of my face. (This is a usually issue BIPOC people face, i recognize this.) 

Currently, I use a niacinamide serum from Glossier that helps significantly to keep my breakouts and texture at bay but this does nothing for my pigmentation. I also use an SPF 50 each morning to help protect my skin and ensure these spots don't get worse. Is there anything else I should be doing? Have I tried everything? Will there be a product out there for me? Is accepting that my skin will forever be scarred the first step to my mental recovery? I'm not sure but help!

I've been looking into a few of the following products, im interested to hear thoughts!

Re: HELP!! In Search of the Perfect Dark Spot Correcting Product

Hi! I would highly recommend getting the "CLARINS: pore control" which will help you reduce dark spots. Sephora doesn't have that product nowadays, but i'm pretty sure u can find it online. I also think the Origins GinZing™ Ultra-Hydrating Energy-Boosting Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  Murad Renewing Cleansing Cream 6.75 oz. And the Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Brightening Serum I think will work really good on you. 

Re: HELP!! In Search of the Perfect Dark Spot Correcting Product

I have scarring on my face that's red/white and textured, it's 10 years old but I finally decided to do something about it recently and these products seem to be working. I've been using them for about 2 weeks and at certain times of the day I definitely see a difference. But sometimes it looks the same. I think in a few months it'll really work.

Kate Somerville +Retinol Vitamin C Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Youth To The People 15% Vitamin C + Caffeine Energy Brightening Serum for Uneven Tone 1 oz / 30 ml 

Mine aren't acne scars but I believe these products are designed for acne scarring and dark spots like you describe.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing