Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Count (if you dare)

I know there are many ladies on here that qualify as beauty addicts and product junkies and I was wondering, "How do I compare?" So let’s take a count (if you dare)! How much do you have?

Foundations/TMs –

Primers/Luminzers -

Powders -

Blush -

Lipstick/lipgloss –

Eyeshadows –

Eyeliner -

Multi-use Palettes -

Re: Count (if you dare)

10,000 dollars in 4 months.... you need beauty rehab!! haha. My husband would litterally have a heart attack if I spent that much in 4 months. If he didn't you would see him on the news "Man Kills Wife for Beauty Addiction" LMAO! You totally win!

Now I feel much better about mine! It's all about perspective.

@pinkjunkie:  LOL! You win the prize!  Maybe Sephora should give you a gift card, kind of like a gold medal!!!!!

Ever since I did this, I keep finding mini-stashes in drawers and random bags and keep having to change my count.  Bah, I give up!

Here's my count!

Foundations/TMs – 2

Primers/Luminizers - 1, although my eye primer just ran out

Powders - 2

Blush - 3 (one powder, one gel, one cream)

Lipstick/lipgloss – 15-20. I'm quite lazy so I like to store a sheer lip gloss in every one of my purses!!

Eyeshadows – 5

Eyeliner - 5

Multi-use Palettes - 0

Mascara - 2

Eyebrow pen - 1

Mine is not as impressive as other peoples but  I had to join in on this board cause you guys sound like your having a blast.Smiley Very Happy  So here goes....

Foundations/TMs –  2 foundations

Primers/Luminzers - 3 primers, 2 luminizers

Powders - 1

Blush - 4

Lipstick/lipgloss – 16 lipglosses, 3 lipsticks....I'm working on expanding my lipstick collection

Eyeshadows – 21

Eyeliner - 12

Multi-use Palettes -  8 different eyeshadow palettes

Nail polishes- 31 colors

I know this isnt much compared to some of the girls but I'm still working on expanding my makeup collection. I would probably have more if I held on to everything I ever bought but I do give things away if I see that I dont use them. In the meantime I spend lots of time scouring Sephora for all of the things I would love to add to my collection Smiley Happy

Sorry,  i hope you don't mind that I'm joining in on this kind of late but it looks like so much fun!  And that is such a great idea to donate slightly used makeup!  I will definitely be looking into that.  Here's my count!  

Foundation (TMs): 2

Primers/Luminizers: 1 primer, 3 luminizers

Powders: 2

Blush: 2

Lipstick/gloss: 8

Eyeshadows: 35

Eyeliners: 4 (one black, two brown, one white)

Multi-use palettes: 3

Nail polishes: 0-That's the one thing im not really into.  

haha I know its not too impressive but im placing an order soon!  😄

Looks pretty impressive to me! 

@daisy - Yes, you have to count your backups!  No hiding them away and pretending they're not there! 🙂

@mermade - I am anxiously awaiting your count!

@sarithor - I almost passed out when I got to 75 lipsticks/glosses and realized I had a whole makeup bag left to count.  I need to go back thru my order history and see how old some of these are.  Some of the glosses should probably be tossed!

@katimae - Waiting for your numbers too!

@pinky13 - That's great that you give you away things you don't use!  If they're new or gently used items, or if you have a bunch of samples laying around you should join our next TSB!  At the end we donate all of the items to a women's shelter so it's swapping makeup and doing good all wrapped into one! 

Boy did it take me forever to count this up!  I got counting and realized that I could be cleaning out and tossing expired stuff while counting and it took me hours!

So here it is:

Foundation:1

Primer: 2

Powder: 1

Blush: 5

Lipgloss:4

Shadow: 41

Palettes:13, but some of these only have 4 colors in them!

Polish:20

Mascara: 13 (I bought the lash stash recently and have just started the 1st one)

Liner:13

@mermadelove:  Love that garlic as a vegetable!  

Oops, I found my small train case with 36 lipsticks and 5 lip pencils and my small travel makeup bag with a full set of makeup = 3 more shadows, 2 mascaras, 1 bronzer, 1 blush, 1 tinted moisturizer, 1 shadow and 1 face primer, 2 glosses, 3 eyeliners, 1 concealer, 1 luminizer. (Actually, that small travel bag sounds like a big one to me!)

Is there any category for fragrance?  I'm a bit overboard on that too.

prettyinpa: Fortunately, I only have ONE fragrance! Unless you count essential oils.......

@Mermadelove: So what kind of essential oils?  Fragrance kind or healing kind?  I have always been fascinated with these, I tend to get floral or green fragrances (CLEAN or these cool ones from an Italian perfumery in Soho).

Say, has anyone been to that new Make Up for Ever boutique in the Sephora in Soho that was featured in the new catalog?  I am dying to go there, maybe for my anniversary in March, I always go to NYC for that, maybe a quick side trip to the Soho Sephora for me!!!

@prettyinpa: I use EO's for healing work. 🙂 But some of them smell pretty good! Like lavendar ( my fave), ylang ylang and jasmine. I also love the rosewood and sandalwood.

mermadelove wrote:

@prettyinpa: I use EO's for healing work. 🙂 But some of them smell pretty good! Like lavendar ( my fave), ylang ylang and jasmine. I also love the rosewood and sandalwood.

I *love* using EOs - esp in diy beauty. I only have 8 scents right now but would like to expand... lavendar, ylang ylang, jasmine, lemon, bergamot, clary sage, tea tree, eucalyptus.

What are your favourite blends, mermadelove? For winter, b/c it's flu season, I like a mix of eucalyptus and lemon to clear and warm the air. Actually, if you have the time, I would love to hear your advice... I currently have all top/mid note EOs and would like to have a bottom note, but am not sure which to pick up next. What would you recommend?

I'd like to hear your picks and favorite types too. I have rose, jasmine and fir tree needle EO (nice for scenting storage closet/boxes and keeps away moths!)

I have some essential oils too!. I haven't used them in a long time though. I just rediscovered them in my little wooden box I keep them in. I left it at my dads house when I moved away aparently and he gave it back to me.  I have Basil, Bergamot, Geranium, Ylang, Ylang, Sandalwood, Lavendar, Sweet Orange, and Lemongrass... I use to have soo much more, but I don't know what happened to them.

Oh, yeah since we're talking about fragrances, I have 12 sample perfumes, 8 full size perfumes and 8 body sprays. I love perfumes and stuff haha. I like to wear them according to my mood for the day lol. I love the free samples that sephora gives out too..

I have more than a dozen perfumes...  Seriously, guys, my addiction is to EVERYTHING.  I don't think there's a category in which I am moderate, except for mascaras, but that's a recent thing. 

Tags:

I don't wanna count my perfumes! *stomps foot*  I was considering going thru my hoard of body washes, lotions, etc too but I'm scared!

Smiley HappyFor the longest time I had an insane amount of body lotions. Then I forced myself not to buy any until I start finishing some of the bottles I already have. Now I only have maybe 3 different body lotions (yes for me this is a HUGE accomplishment! haha).

The one type of item that I am terrified of counting is my hair products. I am always looking for that miracle product that will give me fabulous hair. I always buy the smallest bottle that the company sells but then I only get about halfway through that bottle before I discover my next favorite hair product.  Sooo bad..... haha Smiley Happy

19 Replies
testing