cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

ny-132

Hello, hello! Welcome to Year 7 of the No/Low Buy Thread.  

*Many thanks to all who have participated over the last few years.  While I don't

post often I do read the notifications sent to my email and I cannot say it enough,

You all are truly amazing!  Thank you for your dedication and support!!

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from Thread Originator, @lnum )

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

A note from lnum (2016):

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Interested in past threads?  Check Here:

Spoiler

Challenges to Help You Use Your Stash:

Spoiler
* Coming Soon *

Tags:

Re: 2021 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

You nailed it @eshoe !

Thanks, @danielledanielle 🤗!

So very proud of you!!! @eshoe love the spreadsheet idea

@lmaster with your hauls, you might need a little admin help😂 The initial setup, yikes. I had an idea of what I had, but putting it all on ‘paper’ only cemented my need for a no-buy. At least now, I only have to log an empty or purchase the minute it arrives/leaves. I highly recommend! The peace of mind is invaluable💓

@eshoe I'm definitely on a palette no buy, eyeshadow that is, when the kids get back in school,, I'll try to log everything and see what I have to work with

Palettes are a universal soft spot, @lmaster 😂

That’s terrific @eshoe , big atta-girl to you! (And I hope you beat the hubs too?! 😂) 🎉

Thank you, @Sunnysmom - so positively overjoyed to be finished! And yes, I won. But the important thing is, not only did I win the no-buy, but I scored some points in the trust department, too. So in the end, we both won👍🏼

"...at the risk of losing to my husband, stayed on task..."

Hahaha @eshoe! Love it! Congrats! 🎉 

First @lnum with her extraordinary 10-month no-buy, and now you with your awesome 6-month no-buy (and victory over your husband!!! 😁). Well done! You are going to have so much fun shopping! Haul away! 🛍

@itsfi there was just no way I was going to lose to him 🤣 And @lnum - 10 months?!?! I thought you went over seven but wow - you are pretty amazing and it must have felt so good!!!

Picked up a few replacements but nothing major yet…you know, the mundane stuff that gets the work done. And a few sheet masks that hopped into my cart somehow😉 

@eshoe, “the mundane stuff that gets the work done” are precious commodities! ♥️ Yeah, those sheet masks!! A few of them always seem to have a way of finding their way into shopping carts! 😆

@itsfi @eshoe Beating the husband definitely seems like appropriate motivation. I’m on board. 😂

@eshoe Wooooooooo way to go!!!

@Samtian thank you, it is FINALLY the

CB20806D-DC78-4E85-801D-BA15B2A4F7A6.gif

Congratulations @eshoe

Thank you very much, @faeriegirl!

Congratulations, @eshoe! 🎉🥂

Thank you, @curlychiquita - and congrats to you as well! Although I think if I had zero sheet masks, I am not sure what I would do with myself after 7pm 😄

@eshoe Major kudos to you!  I "thought" about doing a low-buy, and probably wound up with one of my highest 1.5-2 months ever (except for when I buy many, many multiples when Ulta has a sale).  I meant to take a pic for the hauls thread.  What springs to mind are the following:

Bio Ionic 10X Pro Styling Iron 1" 

invisibobble Sprunchie Scrunchie 

philosophy Nature in a jar Warming Exfoliator with Jojoba 

innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL 

VERSED Day Maker Microcrystal Exfoliator

Marc Jacobs Beauty Fineliner Ultra-Skinny Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner x4 from MJ direct

OGX Penetrating Argan Oil of Morocco

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting BHA 9 Treatment 0.3 oz/ 9 mL x3

Sun Bum Lip Balms x2

Neutrogena Liquid Daily Sunscreen 

Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen

BBW Fresh Cut Lilacs body spray

I think that's everything!  (I did return the two scrubs and the body spray, though!)

@greeneyedgirl107 that is exactly what I did on my low-buy! I think I ended up spending more than when I wasn’t on it🤦🏻‍♀️

How is the BBW Lilac Spray? I love lilacs, and bought the Aerin Lilac perfume but it so heavy.

@eshoe Oh - I meant to sound off on the AERIN Lilac Path Eau de Parfum .  I had received a sample years ago and was super happy to get it.  I don't remember much about it except being disappointed.  I can't say I recall it as being "heavy," but I do remember being very frustrated that it didn't have much lilac in it.  

I've actually been wondering for years if I should just purchase Demeter scents and see how well they capture single notes like lilac.  I wish Sephora still carried the brand.

552 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • ny-132
  • 2021 Goals.PNG
  • E1C3EE20-4280-4775-92F1-4D5C07D9DFA5.gif
  • IMG_20210103_174920_013[1].jpg
  • giphy
  • tenor (29).gif
  • tenor (16).gif
  • D5DE791F-B1CA-49FC-9B84-E48C95CCD242.gif
  • 57D977F1-5D5A-4198-87B9-2EEFA8C2EE4D.jpeg