Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
|

Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum cream-worth it and dupes?

So I got a sample of the SDJ Bum Bum Cream in my Sephora play box a few months ago and am tempted to order the gift set with the bath gel, cream and fragrance and stuff. Is it worth the price or is it overpriced. Anyone have any body butter/lotion/bath gel dips for the scent?

Re: Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum cream-worth it and dupes?

I got a mini on my last Sephora trip, and I'm in LOVE!!! I ordered a regular size during the VIB Sale, and I hope they bring back that Biggie Biggie Bum Bum Cream soon!

The only dupe I can think of is the Soap and Glory Smoothie Star Buttercream. It has a Pistachio, Almond, Vanilla scent, but I have to admit that I still prefer the Bum Bum Cream scent. I put it on in the morning, and I can still smell it in the afternoon, and it blends in nicely with any fragrance I'm wearing.

I was going to say the same thing, I have the smoothie star line, and the notes are similar, but not the same...I'd imagine the lotion isnt as luxurious, either...but if you want something similar for a lot cheaper, its good...

RE: Re: Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum cream-worth it and dupes?

I will have to give that one a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Idk, you tell me 😃 

bumbum.jpg

But on a serious note, I almost never use any scented body lotions like Bath and Body Works or the Body Shop, so I don't buy them. This allows me to splurge on the Bum Bum cream and products

Your stash makes me jealous!😍

@mrsw09 I think the Bum Bum Cream is totally worth it.  In fact I love it so much I got the Biggie Biggie Bum Bum Cream.  Sorry, I don't know of any dupes.  I have tried the shower gel, hand cream, foot cream, lip balm, fragrance mist, carnaval glow, and acai body cream (almost everything they have out and loved it all).

now I'm wondering how big and how much $$ this biggie cream is....I havent seen it anywhere, is it just around the holidays??

I couldnt find an SDJ thread, and I was looking for a referral for the SDJ site (where you get 150 pts., and the referee gets a $15 off/$65 code).  @SportyGirly125 would you or anyone else refer me?  (I just made an account but havent ordered yet, so I hope the referral would still work...)

@treestar86 The biggie cream is only released once a year and during the holiday season so it’s limited edition.  It’s $76 for 16.9 oz/ 500 mL.  I found a size comparison online.  It Usually is online in September and hits stores in October so it’s a long ways away before you will see it again.  I think they have only released it the last 3 years. I got the one in 2018 but didn’t get the one last year or the year before that. 
5AC84025-FBEB-420D-9081-05CEE8A75D16.jpeg

@SportyGirly125 thank you.  Its funny that I stumbled upon this thread and had no idea of the biggie sizr before, but I've been looking at the brand here and on their site, and I just happened to look at the cream here and....they just added the giant size!!! I had no idea bc the price wasnt on their page and it didnt show up until I did the 'quick look'...but perfect timing for the sale (and summer)!!! @sephoraaddict918 

@treestar86 Those are the older jars they released. I did a quick google search and it doesn’t look available anywhere to purchase unless you try eBay, poshmark or Mercari. 

@SportyGirly125  yeah the tags dont seem to work, but it still shows up here on the regular cream listing.

bbg.JPG

@treestar86 I see it now. How cool that they released it already 

@SportyGirly125 yes, perfect timing for summer and the sale. 🤗

Thanks for responding. I took the plunge and order the extravaganza set with the lotion, body wash, body spray and hand cream. I’m excited to give it a try! I saw on instagram that there is a new fragrance coming out in December so that will be interesting to check out.

Re: RE: Re: Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum cream-worth it and dupes?

a new fragrance? was there a picture of it? or just a mention? I'm so curious! 

RE: Re: RE: Re: Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum cream-worth it and dupes?

There was a picture of it posted on Sol de Janeiro’s Instagram account. I think it is called Coco Cabana and has a coconut scent. The jar looks aqua or blue colored. I think it launches on 12/1.

@nhunka I posted the pic a couple of days ago on here. 2827CD7C-6C4F-42CD-9A34-AC1FD5E2D317.png

So excited! Thank you for sharing!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 24 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos4
  • bumbum.jpg
  • 2827CD7C-6C4F-42CD-9A34-AC1FD5E2D317.png
  • 5AC84025-FBEB-420D-9081-05CEE8A75D16.jpeg
  • bbg.JPG
testing