cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Bath & Body
|

Self Tanner for Black Skin! Halp!

Hi!

I’ve been reading around about how self tanner can even my skin tone. I have hyperpigmentation and also stretch marks that I’d like to even out because I want my shoulders to be OUT! this summer. I’m pretty overwhelmed with all the options so I’m here to see if anyone has any recommendations for someone with let’s say a 450 Fenty skin tone when it comes to self tanning? 

Re: Self Tanner for Black Skin! Halp!

I don’t really have many recommendations for self tanners, but I do have recommendations for the hyperpigmentation. I know you didn’t ask for this technically but I figured this might help as well so if you are just looking for self tanners then ignore this reply.

The Body Wash - With Niacinamide (Necessaire and can find on Sephora)

^this has helped with a lot of the dark spots on my back

EltaMD UV Clear (can find on dermstore)

^ this is the best sunscreen in my opinion because it doesn’t feel like a sunscreen at all but still protects you from the sun which will keep the hyperpigmentation from getting darker.

Liftactiv vitamin C serum Vichy (can find on Ulta)

^this has faded the hyperpigmentation on my face and I love it. 

These are products I have tried that have fixed a lot of my hyperpigmentation. There are also two things from a dermatologist that can fix hyperpigmentation. You can ask for hydroquinone which fades dark spots and is one of the most effective things for dark spots. You can also get a chemical peel as well to try to fade the dark spots. For the stretch marks there are laser treatments as well (which are the only things I have heard of for stretch marks).

I also am trying out the niacinamide and zinc serum from the ordinary, the 5% lactic acidosis from the ordinary, and the caffeine serum from the ordinary. I can’t speak to the results yet but I bought them and will try them out for the hyperpigmentation I have on my legs.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing