cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

The ordinary skincare - which products to buy

Hi!

I’d like to start taking better care of my skin, and would like to start using the ordinary products. Right now my skincare is basic. Drunk elephant cleanser at night, followed by whatever eye cream sample I pick up from my drawer and a moisturizer.

My skin concerns as a 33 YO female are fine lines, loss of plumpness, pore size, some blackheads on nose and chin, some redness around nose and chin, dryness due to Canadian winters. 

I have a small budget but happy to purchase as many ordinary brand products as necessary, just feeling lost as to what to buy! 

any advice welcome! Thank you 🙂

Re: The ordinary skincare - which products to buy

You'll want to make sure you also have a morning routine with a cleanser, moisturizer and SPF(!). Not sure cause you didn't mention, @phillipa87.

I really love the The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + HA Serum to add hydration and support my skin, cause it has Hyaluronic acid and peptides. Could be used morning or night or both (after cleansing and toning).

The The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10% Serum for Facial Wrinkles 1 oz/ 30 mL to help reduce fine lines.

The The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% 1 oz/ 30 mL is great, but it takes a while to absorb, so depending on your morning routine and time can not be the most useful.

For pores and blackheads a good BHA serum or toner can help a lot, but the ordinary doesn't have a good one, IMO. Paula's Choice seems to be a favourite. I don't like paying their international shipping, so I've liked the Farmacy Deep Sweep 2% BHA Pore Cleaning Toner with Moringa + Papaya 4.0 oz/ 120 mL. There is also the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL but that has PHA which is exfoliating so would take some getting used to for your skin.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing